Asmongold banned from Twitch after racist rant on Palestinians and their "inferior" culture, he doesn't care if they are killed

CitizenVectron

There's a whole hornets nest you can get into when you go "Palestinian culture would have women be banned from schools and gay men be executed" which leads you to "yeah, Israel loves to tout those things to distract you from all the horrible shit they do," which, as with basically everything, makes me go "I don't know, man, just don't bomb children for fucks sake."

I don't pretend to have a good take, but I know "let them burn" is a bad one.

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

There's a whole hornets nest you can get into when you go "Palestinian culture would have women be banned from schools and gay men be executed" which leads you to "yeah, Israel loves to tout those things to distract you from all the horrible shit they do," which, as with basically everything, makes me go "I don't know, man, just don't bomb children for fucks sake."

I don't pretend to have a good take, but I know "let them burn" is a bad one.

Hamas <> Palestinian culture

Hamas is a genocidal death cult.

Palestinian civilians deserve to live their life in peace.

The morals aren't complicated. 

• Halal 2

45 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Someone IRL recommended I check out this dude's channel because he's funny/entertaining. I watched a clip and could only assume people love to hate-watch him for his bad takes and off-charisma, but of course it seems most of his followers genuinely like him so who the fuck knows.

He unfortunately seems to have a lot of influence because of his bad opinions. You see a lot of review bombs on steam and such because of things he said.

53 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Someone IRL recommended I check out this dude's channel because he's funny/entertaining. I watched a clip and could only assume people love to hate-watch him for his bad takes and off-charisma, but of course it seems most of his followers genuinely like him so who the fuck knows.

i think that person who recommended him may have just outed himself as a right wing incel.  thats who his audience is 

• True 1

53 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

It shouldn't be that surprising. We're in an age in which we had a president who got to power by courting people over his bad takes and off-charisma and we're currently sitting at the possibility of four more years for that guy. These guys are, unfortunately, in vogue right now.

• True 1

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

Who? no knowledge whatsoever about this..

i will just assume its the “woooo, yeah baby” guy from all those ranking vids on youtube and enjoy my continued ignorance

I believe that guy is MoistCritical, not Asmongold, but I don't follow these things closely.

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He unfortunately seems to have a lot of influence because of his bad opinions. You see a lot of review bombs on steam and such because of things he said.

People with controversial takes are popular on streaming platforms?  Never woulda thought.

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I believe that guy is MoistCritical, not Asmongold, but I don't follow these things closely.

Yeah, wooo Baby guy is Charlie White, who is generally a cool cat. Also known as MoistCritical also known as Penguiz0.

• Thanks 1

Hope that Asmongold gets fully removed from his co-ownership of OTK Media and Mad Mushroom.

There are a BUNCH of massive content creators that are under OTK, and I'm betting Asmongold gets a cut of all of their earnings/sponsorships/etc.

And Mad Mushroom is a newish game publisher, who have done games like Atomic Picnic and Rumble Club. And I'm betting the rev-share agreements from the sales of those games directly profit him as well.

Get him out. Dude is a monster.

He's only banned for 14 days. Another streamer platformed a terrorist, saying they are like Luffy from one piece and that the terrorist is basically modern day Anne Frank but never got banned. If it didn't seem like asmongold was advocating genocide, he wouldn't have gotten banned.

I encountered this fellow when he started trying FF14, and I actually found some of his videos to be kind of insightful. Then I found some video where he had marks all over his sheets or pillow or something and there was a very odd explanation about that, and he always just seemed a little bit off to me. 

Seeing people have public fits now that Palestine is a least getting SOME fair coverage is pretty wild. Like when the criticism being put forward against Israel is a lot of times essentially "Israel is doing a lot of bad things," and then stuff like this comes out...jeez. Makes you realize how normalized their line of thinking has been over a long period of time for them. They feel completely justified in this behavior. Which is crazy to me from an outsider perspective cuz it's just like... ironic? I mean wtf are you doing? 

41 minutes ago, Bacon said:

He's only banned for 14 days. Another streamer platformed a terrorist, saying they are like Luffy from one piece and that the terrorist is basically modern day Anne Frank but never got banned. If it didn't seem like asmongold was advocating genocide, he wouldn't have gotten banned.

All these platforms are fucking cowards for barely deigning to moderate hate speech, to continue to platform people credibly accused of pedophilia, grooming minors, etc. Many of these people have audiences that are predominantly children or have a huge audience of them and there’s scant accountability to be had and what’s there doesn’t come close to balancing out the extent to which these accounts are algorithmically boosted. 

The entire industry is in desperate need of regulation and if it can’t survive that, c’est la vie. 

• Halal 1

The only thing I kinda disagree with ITT is the notion that the people don't reflect their leader's ideals.

Maybe the non-hamas people are totally pro-trans, and accepting of non-muslim religions, but I have my doubts.

No, I am not agreeing with asmongold or saying people deserved to be genocided. Just to be clear.