Update (10/07): Hurricane Milton upgraded to Category 5, projected track indicates impact to Tampa Bay area

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Same. Very little of Summer bugs, although that's never really been a thing here.

Actually something that came to mind is a bug I've never seen in my life before, those walking sticks. You know, the bug that looks like a stick? I see them all over the place now. I've only ever seen them in Animal Crossing before.

In any case I hope @SaysWho? is safe and enjoys the new d1p side topic, "what bugs are near you"

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

You laugh now but if Trump wins, he and elmo, king of the edge lords, will be prepping mini-nukes to do just this. On the bright side, maybe they’ll arm them with Intel inside! :p …. :cry:

Elon demanding to do it himself, taking his bootleg real life Fat Man, straight from Fallout, 100% designed and hand built by Elon. They're circling the newly christened category 7 storm in a SpaceX helicopter, but a spray of water lands on the craft, immediately and catastrophically destroying all the electronics. As the chopper begins its freefall, Elon decides to be a hero and fire the nuke into the eye of the storm, the weapon promptly jams and blows up. A 200 foot tall golden statue of him is erected at Neo Twitter HQ in Washington DC. 

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Elon demanding to do it himself, taking his bootleg real life Fat Man, straight from Fallout, 100% designed and hand built by Elon. They're circling the newly christened category 7 storm in a SpaceX helicopter, but a spray of water lands on the craft, immediately and catastrophically destroying all the electronics. As the chopper begins its freefall, Elon decides to be a hero and fire the nuke into the eye of the storm, the weapon promptly jams and blows up. A 200 foot tall golden statue of him is erected at Neo Twitter HQ in Washington DC. 

The problem is that the arming device for the bomb is a Mad Katz controller

9 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN if Biden were to call congress into session how much notice would he need to give them?

i could see him waiting until next week for a session the week after just due to Milton

I honestly don't know the answer to that question - I've tried looking it up, but I can't find an actual timeframe.

• Thanks 1

We've found out that our evac level is voluntary; A and B are the ones which are mandatory and by the coastline.  

I'm glad we're going to see wind shear increase as it moves northeast. I'm getting the last things inside today so they're not projectiles. Our impact windows are graded for 200mph winds, and we got extra nails down on the roof earlier this year for extra protection and an insurance discount. It's a good house.

Doesn't make this less anxiety-inducing.

• Hugs 2

19 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

The problem is that the arming device for the bomb is a Mad Katz controller

No no no this is E L O N M U S K we’re talking about…he would be using something cool and advanced. In this case, a repurposed Oculus that requires playing a Beatsaber-like minigame to enter the detonation codes. Oh yeah, and it has a half-mask adapter that continually sprays intranasal ketamine.

5 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

No no no this is E L O N M U S K we’re talking about…he would be using something cool and advanced. In this case, a repurposed Oculus that requires playing a Beatsaber-like minigame to enter the detonation codes. Oh yeah, and it has a half-mask adapter that continually sprays intranasal ketamine.

Oculus? Like he'd touch something made by The Zuck

• True 1