Banquet for Fools

Mr.Vic20

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I think if you just hot key to full screen it assumes the res of your desktop because my run through of the demo appeared to be in 4K.

For some reason that didn't work when I first did it. It went full screen, but still blurry. It worked now tho. Of course, the demo is over now and I play it all in a small window lol.

Didn't expect it to end right after I could make a character. And I spent forever trying to exit character creation not realizing I had to make a full party. I was actually enjoying the game until that point. I just don't care when games tell you to make a bunch of characters. I'd either want one custom character(like BG3) or a full party of pre-defined characters(like FF). I spent time making the character I thought was going to be "me" and then that character only talked once was wasn't the default party leader. It's just a massive turn-off for me. Especially as I thought I was going to be the dude that you started as who seemed pretty cool.

It's still pretty cool overall. Love the dark fantasy style. The combat/gameplay is pretty interesting. Feel like I might have been missing something tho cuz it seemed like my allies in Act 1 were attacking far more often. I also noticed that the AI doesn't move while their ATB gauge refills. Seems like they just tank the hits while I'm doing hit-and-run tactics.

I'm 50/50 with the game tho. Most of it is very interesting, but I'm massively turned off by the create-a-party system. Even more so after reading the store page and seeing, "Depending on the stats given to them they'll each have unique choices in dialogue with NPCs and amongst each other as they bond over the course of the journey." I mean, I'm the guy who couldn't get into D:OS because you have TWO custom PCs. I hate that shit lol.

• Halal 1