Dragon Age - Veilguard: Purchasing Poll

Mr.Vic20

Dragon Age: Veilguard - What Say You?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on Playing DA: Veilguard and if so, how?

• No Interest, what have they done to my beautiful boy gif, etc.
    • Purchase is contingent on Reviews
    • Wait for Deep Discounts (50% +)
    • "Rent" it from EA
    • "The Bacon" - AKA, Wait for the Right Time and Get Someone to Buy it for You.
    • Day 1/Pre-Ordered!
    • No Hate but Also no Interest

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I for my part am fairly sure I'm getting a copy, but I will likely wait for a few reviews first. I was very disappointed when  ME2 changed things up as much as it did, but I can also say that ME2 was a great game, so who knows. 

Until it goes back to DA:O it doesn't really matter what changes they make. Constantly changing everything to the point where even the races don't have a consistent look is just standard DA practice. And in my eyes, it really can't get worse than DA:I. I'm not a fan of some of their DA:TV choices, but hey, I haven't seen any shitty empty open-world maps and MMO-like side quests so that puts it leagues above DA:I.

• Halal 1

It's either day one or some weeks/months after depending on the bugginess/performance.

I'm actually optimistic it will be okay in that regard, so we'll see!

I didn't really want fantasy mass effect in my dragon age, but I'll still take it.

In retrospect, I probably should have voted "contingent on reviews," given that, but oh well.

• Hugs 1

I’m not really paying too much attention to this. My sister has always been a big fan, but I never finished DA2 maybe only played a few hours of Inquisition. It’s just never clicked with me as much as other games. I think I always end up liking the idea of the games more than the games themselves? 

So I will see. I’m not saying “no. Never”. I just don’t know. 

Most likely from what I've seen this is too much of a departure from something that I know and love to buy and enjoy it without getting irritated at what could have been. So I may snag on a very deep discount at some point, but will keep an open mind depending on what the opinions are of dragon age fans.

• Halal 1

Just now, Paperclyp said:

I beat inquisition but this is not on my radar much. It would have to blow people away. I think I did the thing in inquisition where I stayed in the first big area way too long and it really soured me on the rest of the game. 

Another victim of the Hinterlands! 

• Halal 1

10 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Wait for Game Pass. 

For additional context: the original Dragon Age is one of those games I wanted to like, but much like basically every game in the genre, I never got more than a few hours into it. Skipped 2. Inquisition I think I actually got pretty far into, but I remember basically nothing about it. 

I have no strong feelings on this series either way, and I haven’t paid too much attention to this entry but it seems like it could be fun. So it gets my default answer for most games: wait for Game Pass. 

The algorithm has put some videos in my face. The game not being open world but more focused actually makes me more interested in the game. 

I feel like I want to regress to smaller game worlds with strong motivating yet linear narratives. Less faffing about with the game trying desperately to distract me, and watering down the adventure with nonsense. 

• stepee 1