NFL Week 3 - Everyone Loves Overlapping Primetime Games

Keyser_Soze

59 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

It hasn't been the prettiest, but 3-0 to start is pretty fun.

And who put a big bet on the seawhawks winning the NFC West at +800?

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Honestly, the Giants have what seems to be a great rookie wide receiver and solid defense.  What they need is for Danny Dimes not to fuck t up with mistakes,

Should be 2-1 if Daboll didn’t fuck up the kicker situation against the commanders. Daboll called a better game and we got super lucky that INT got overturned due to the helmet hit on Danny Dimes. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Horrible no call on pass interference in the end zone on Pitts. Also equally horrible 4th down call. 

I know "no calls" or "bad calls" happen all over the place in this league.  However, I don't know anyone, or let's just change that to any novice to avoid prejudice, who can take a look in general at what's going on and not say, "It seems like that one team in red has a lot of calls go there way right when they need calls to go there way."

They are the world champions.  I'm not even going to argue that.  They are a great team.  it is impossible to argue against that.

...but at what point does this start to get awkward as it happens week after week?  

In the alternative, because it is the NFL, will it just never become a thing because it never does?

• True 1

2 hours ago, BuckFly said:

I know "no calls" or "bad calls" happen all over the place in this league.  However, I don't know anyone, or let's just change that to any novice to avoid prejudice, who can take a look in general at what's going on and not say, "It seems like that one team in red has a lot of calls go there way right when they need calls to go there way."

They are the world champions.  I'm not even going to argue that.  They are a great team.  it is impossible to argue against that.

...but at what point does this start to get awkward as it happens week after week?  

In the alternative, because it is the NFL, will it just never become a thing because it never does?

They get the benefit of the doubt everytime. If we had mauled Kelce in the end zone while they were driving for a game winning touchdown they would have thrown a flag. That being said, we lost because we didn’t make enough plays and to many mistakes. 

• Halal 1

Thoughts on Raiders game:

1)  The Raiders defence looked borderline elite in their first 2 games.  However, with Crosby nursing a bad ankle, they looked terrible against the Panthers.

2)  The Raiders run game continues to be among the worst I have ever seen.  However, it was largely productive with Zamir White at the end of last season (with largely the same personnel).  So, I think this has to come down to problems with the scheme.

3)  Luke Getsy (Raiders OC) wasn't successful in Chicago (and got Justin Fields run out of town), and his offence has been terrible here.  A huge step back from last season.

4)  A bunch of players looked like they stopped playing hard midway through the game (pointed out by AP in the post-game presser).  Is AP starting to lose the locker room?

I figured the Raiders were a 6 or 7 win team coming into the season, and after the win against Baltimore, I figured I might have been pessimistic.  After, yesterday's game I am thinking that a 1st overall pick might still be on the menu.

• Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

They get the benefit of the doubt everytime. If we had mauled Kelce in the end zone while they were driving for a game winning touchdown they would have thrown a flag. That being said, we lost because we didn’t make enough plays and to many mistakes. 

Additionally, it would be a little bit better if the Chiefs handled things better.  However, last year when the Bills got the Toney call, which was THE right call, Mahomes was absolutely apoplectic almost to the point of being a sore loserman dick.  This coming from someone who likes Patrick Mahomes.  

"Other calls earlier in the game or even in the quarter went against them blah-blah-blah."

Yeah, sorry I don't ascribe to that trope of "it balances in the end."  Please, anyone, shove that straight up your a$$, along with "you don't lose your job to injury." 

This was the end.  This was the difference in the game.  This was game over as opposed to Dirty Birds 1st down and goal to go at the 1.  

The officials were right.  there.  

Looking at it.  Not tricky.  No confusion.  No obstruction.

Ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

2)  The Raiders run game continues to be among the worst I have ever seen.  However, it was largely productive with Zamir White at the end of last season (with largely the same personnel).  So, I think this has to come down to problems with the scheme.

I'm enjoying the vultured TDs by Mattison in fantasy though. :p

• Halal 1

Watson’s contract is still the worst but Trevor Lawrence is like hold my beer. Moral of the story, stay away from Clemson players. They trash like the coach. 

8 straight losses and 20-32 NFL record. 50 games is a large enough sample size to say he ain’t good. Definitely not $55M good. 

16 minutes ago, Brian said:

Watson’s contract is still the worst but Trevor Lawrence is like hold my beer. Moral of the story, stay away from Clemson players. They trash like the coach. 

8 straight losses and 20-32 NFL record. 50 games is a large enough sample size to say he ain’t good. Definitely not $55M good. 

STOP GIVING ELITE MONEY TO QBS WHO ARENT ELITE!!

• True 1

That's two games in a row with no punts, no turnovers.  The only possessions that we didn't score on were kneel-downs to end the half/game.  That's insane.

The defense still gives me fits.  Our secondary still couldn't stop a nosebleed.  But you can see the potential in this team.  You can see what they're building and it's got the chance to be something incredible.

14 minutes ago, Slug said:

That's two games in a row with no punts, no turnovers.  The only possessions that we didn't score on were kneel-downs to end the half/game.  That's insane.

The defense still gives me fits.  Our secondary still couldn't stop a nosebleed.  But you can see the potential in this team.  You can see what they're building and it's got the chance to be something incredible.

At least you feel like you can compete and have a chance now.