Dave Grohl has another confession to make

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

I’m sad to read this news because he was the Mr. Roger’s everyone loves celebrity.  Probably went to a dark place after losing Taylor and his mother very shortly afterwards. Not trying to give him an excuse but probably when it happened. 

My exact thoughts to this, on top of his serious drinking issue (just look at Hot Ones, as fun as that episode was, it's glaringly obvious he's gonna need help) All that said, not my business, so there's that as well.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I agree. This is a famous guy people like. He should get a pass. If he was a famous person I didn't like or a non famous person who did the same thing I would hold his feet to the fire on this issue.

in my experience, having never cheated (at least not since high school, but high school relationships aren't real because you're not people yet) but having been cheated on multiple times and known plenty who've cheated... there's usually more to it. Not always, sometimes people are just assholes who abuse the trust of others, but in my experience cheating is usually a symptom of a problem, not the cause.

Again, not saying it's right, but whenever I hear someone cheated and no abuse was involved (that we know of) I don't immediately want to throw them out with the garbage.

My parents cheated on each other plenty before they got divorced. My grandparents cheated on each other to the point that we're not entirely sure about  the parentage of my aunt. My ex girlfriend cheated on me. Do I think any of them are inherently bad people? No. They're flawed. They were dealing with real issues in an unhealthy way and ended up hurting those they loved in the process. But it wasn't through malice.

• Halal 1

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I agree. This is a famous guy people like. He should get a pass. If he was a famous person I didn't like or a non famous person who did the same thing I would hold his feet to the fire on this issue.

When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

• True 2

21 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Non monogamous species behaves non monogamously; I for one am shocked and appalled. 

Pretty sure if the partner who gets cheated on agreed and thought they were in a committed, monogamous relationship, they would be shocked and appalled. It's not OK to break someone's trust like that.

I believe everyone is or has been in an open relationship; just not everyone knows it. 

way too many stories and the data reflects it as well and I can really be shocked some rich dude did what rich dudes always do.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

So many people don't know anything so I'm no longer surprised at what they don't know. You're fine not knowing who Dave Grohl is.

I know who is now. But I agree with your post. 

3 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I believe everyone is or has been in an open relationship; just not everyone knows it. 

way too many stories and the data reflects it as well and I can really be shocked some rich dude did what rich dudes always do.

I can safely say I’ve never been in an open relationship. 

• Haha 3
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Honestly just wish we as a species would come to terms with the fact that we aren't meant to be monogamous but made to perpetuate our species through as many of the opposite sex as possible. End if the day, love is love, sex is sex, simple as that.

OK there, Elon Musk. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah it's actually a bit of a societal risk if one dude is the father of multiple children via multiple partners.

Redpill content creators really lean into the false notions that human society flourishes when men sling their cum around to multiple partners and that this has commonly happened historically. The later isn’t supported by anthropological evidence outside of outlier situations like harems / conquerors (while conveniently ignoring the the topic of consent in those situations) and the former is just deliberately ignores every single aspect of actually fathering children after the moment of orgasm.

It ALSO ignores the notion that if human society has tended to favor monogamy and there has been almost no time in human history where patriarchy didn’t have both hands on the wheel that the monogamy standard came from… GASP… men.

It’s dumb.

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Redpill content creators really lean into the false notions that human society flourishes when men sling their cum around to multiple partners and that this has commonly happened historically. The later isn’t supported by anthropological evidence outside of outlier situations like harems / conquerors (while conveniently ignoring the the topic of consent in those situations) and the former is just deliberately ignores every single aspect of actually fathering children after the moment of orgasm.

It ALSO ignores the notion that if human society has tended to favor monogamy and there has been almost no time in human history where patriarchy didn’t have both hands on the wheel that the monogamy standard came from… GASP… men.

It’s dumb.

Conquerors and cults. I know a bit about the latter[-day Saints].

• Hugs 1

11 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

That's not really what your previous post implied though. If you had said you weren't shocked that a rich guy/rockstar cheated on his wife because rich guys/rockstars have a habit of being unfaithful that would be fine, but you implied that humans as a species are not monogamous and therefor we shouldn't be shocked when someone cheats. 

Also that's a load of bullshit that everyone has been in or is in an open relationship. It's not an open relationship if it's not consensual; that's just being scummy going behind one's partner to sleep with other people. 

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

That's not really what your previous post implied though. If you had said you weren't shocked that a rich guy/rockstar cheated on his wife because rich guys/rockstars have a habit of being unfaithful that would be fine, but you implied that humans as a species are not monogamous and therefor we shouldn't be shocked when someone cheats. 

Also that's a load of bullshit that everyone has been in or is in an open relationship. It's not an open relationship if it's not consensual; that's just being scummy going behind one's partner to sleep with other people. 

I mean that first point absolutely was my argument, nothing in data reflects monogamy being our reproductive strategy as a species. 

the implication again was that most individuals are not practicing monogamy even in the bounds of a “monogamous relationship. Aka infidelity; aka normal human stuff.

This story isn’t even slightly shocking to me.