James Earl Jones dies at age 93

93 is a nice collection of years and he definitely had a formidable acting career..

I cherish Thulsa Doom, Vader, King Joffer of Zamunda, Mr Mertle, and Admiral Greer.

Death is inevitable I get that, but can you please pick iff a few big name infamous dirtbags as well.. OJ was a good start but we are loaded with turds.. Dont take only the good 

• Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

27 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

and luckily for all of us Disney has their AI programmed to deep fake it, so we will never be without it. :rolleyes:

The unfortunate part about this, and any 'AI is doing voices now' is there exists the perfect voice actor out there to fill the shoes of Vader, and possibly other characters, that will never get their respective break because an AI has already secured that legacy. 

If we continue this path then it's just going to be AI for all of the iconic roles in 50-100 years. Whether it be Bugs, Mickey, Hamill's Joker, or any number of famous characters and/or actors. Which will also be the final death of original IPs since you never have to worry about some new actor suddenly being worry a lot of money when you can just churn out another Mickey and Friends on the cheap with AI voices. 

• Sad 1
  • True 1

8 minutes ago, TheShader said:

The unfortunate part about this, and any 'AI is doing voices now' is there exists the perfect voice actor out there to fill the shoes of Vader, and possibly other characters, that will never get their respective break because an AI has already secured that legacy. 

If we continue this path then it's just going to be AI for all of the iconic roles in 50-100 years. Whether it be Bugs, Mickey, Hamill's Joker, or any number of famous characters and/or actors. Which will also be the final death of original IPs since you never have to worry about some new actor suddenly being worry a lot of money when you can just churn out another Mickey and Friends on the cheap with AI voices. 

after they used AI deepfake for Vader in the Kenobi show and with the Hamill deep fakes in Book of Bobafet and Mandalorian I imagined a future where legacy characters never die and never get recast. Disney only needs to hire a body actor at most. A person who’s voice and face will be replaced, and thus this actor can be replaced at any time for any reason. 

• True 1

After hearing he sold the rights to his voice for the Kenobi show, I knew it was only a matter of time before we heard this news. That was two years ago, and he lived a long and successful life. Sad to see him go, but we'll always have his stellar performances to enjoy. :rose:

RIP. 

It’s like my childhood is dying all at once. I expect to read the same about William Shatner and Patrick Stewart in the near enough future. 

The first celebrity death that really affected me was Leonard Nimoy. Spock was my first childhood TV hero.