PS5 Pro officially announced for November 7 release for the price of...you've gotta be kidding me!

Keyser_Soze

I watched this presentation again because I wanted to watch Max's reaction and I think it was a bit strange that in order to sell the Pro you have to tell everyone that what you already have looks bad. So in a way they were kind of insulting the current console. "Look at this shit game running at 30 and then look at the LOD in the detail that you can barely tell the difference between" that was the presentation. Wild!

41 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t want to wait a year to play my favourite games, and the price of a pro after selling my ps5 (terms are already agreed on)  is definitely worth it to me. 

Rebirth and FFXVI, Astrobot, Sm2 and other games day and date make the purchase worth it.

There's an earnest question how long that will last, especially with 3rd party publishers.  Even with Sony first party, the timeline could only shrink.  It already has.

And not having to compromise on performance or quality is also worth it to be.

Games with raytracing will certainly have compromises.  Maybe even some heavy UE5 titles as well.  It can't be a magic bullet when developers are already looking well beyond it, pushing for path tracing and the like.

I would never play a platformer like Astro on PC. My PC isn’t getting moved to my c9, it is at its desk with my monitor. Same with RPG’s. absolutely no interest in my first experience with FF7 Rebirth being on a monitor.

My PC in the living room is roughly the same size as my PS5.  Consoles have only gotten larger in home setups.  Even the Series X pretty much looks like a mini-PC.

xiWF0Nl.jpeg

I get the desire for an office PC in many professions.  But with Moonlight and a tablet, I see no need for computer monitors for general productivity.  It's incredible how that software has essentially killed the concept of the laptop for me, or even the necessity of tablet upgrades.

39 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

My PC in the living room is roughly the same size as my PS5.  Consoles have only gotten larger in home setups.  Even the Series X pretty much looks like a mini-PC.

That’s because hardware wise they are mini PCs. If they weren’t using APUs but instead had dedicated GPUs they’d be even bigger. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

And not having to compromise on performance or quality is also worth it to be. 

I guess it depends on what you consider concessions. If the GPU was ever why you couldn’t get 60fps in a game, this will fix that and some. Any kind of full path tracing at 60fps could be out of reach above 30fps.

But if the GPU isn’t the reason a game can’t hit 60fps or maintain 60fps, then you’ll still have that problem. The concession being you’re playing on a closed system and that’s all there is in the CPU. Like, the Pro will not do much to fix Dragon’s Dogma 2. And if a game is a locked 30fps without a performance mode because of the CPU, then it won’t change on this Pro. 

This isn’t like the difference between series s and x. This is like upgrade only the graphics card in a PC. Some games that will be enough, but not for all games. 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Not everyone wants to wait that long for the PC releases. It's anywhere from 1 year to ??? years.

Plus some of their PC ports have been abysmal (looking at you The Last of Us Part I) so it's better to get it on console. 

• True 1

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
    • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
    • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:

• Original PlayStation controller-style cable connector housing
  • Four PlayStation Shapes cable ties
  • PlayStation sticker
  • Limited Edition PlayStation Poster (1 of 30 possible designs)
  • PlayStation Paperclip

watch the price be at least $1200.  They will surely be scalped and sold for more with only 12,300 units. 

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Limited Edition console design takes PS5 back to the early days of PlayStation.

Okay, Sony, you win. I'm definitely at least getting a Dual Sense of these.

God damn it. Do any of you rich basterds want to buy me a 30th anniversary ps5? I know I should be able to afford one but I’m in between jobs and have to watch spending. :p (I’m not being serious on getting me one, I’ve still got a 20th anniversary ps4 unopened).

I might consider the portal as I’ve been thinking about getting one (I’ll just cancel my Zelda switch lite preorder).

I really like the "Throwback" Pro, BUT, since it comes with a Dualsense Edge + Charging Station + Vertical Stand + a "throwback" cover for a disc drive (*STILL F'N SOLD SEPERATELY), there's zero chance this is less than $1k considering the Dualsense Edge alone is $200 iirc.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I really like the "Throwback" Pro, BUT, since it comes with a Dualsense Edge + Charging Station + Vertical Stand + a "throwback" cover for a disc drive (*STILL F'N SOLD SEPERATELY), there's zero chance this is less than $1k considering the Dualsense Edge alone is $200 iirc.

that’s why I said watch be at least $1200. There’s also only going to be 12,300 bundles made.