PS5 Pro officially announced for November 7 release for the price of...you've gotta be kidding me!

Keyser_Soze

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to PS5 Pro officially announced for November 7 release for the price of...you've gotta be kidding me!
3 minutes ago, johnny said:

700 dollars lmfaoooooo. dont even bother announcing it if you can’t sell it for less than that 

They legit couldn’t even show any games that made a notable difference. GT7 added RT reflections, beyond that it was “30fps vs 60fps for quality mode… but let’s ignore the 40fps mode that’s already available because then no one would be able to tell the difference”.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

They legit couldn’t even show any games that made a notable difference. GT7 added RT reflections, beyond that it was “30fps vs 60fps for quality mode… but let’s ignore the 40fps mode that’s already available because then no one would be able to tell the difference”.

I thought the tech sounded like a pretty good upgrade. It's just too much money. And I don't blame Sony for that the way things went globally with prices. They probably just should have killed it before it got too far. I suspect that's what MS did. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

I thought the tech sounded like a pretty good upgrade. It's just too much money. And I don't blame Sony for that the way things went globally with prices. They probably just should have killed it before it got too far. I suspect that's what MS did. 

On paper, many things sound good. :p 

• Haha 1

Man, if this thing bombs (in market and mindshare), that’s great news for people planning to hold onto the current hardware.

Lot of 3rd party devs did the base hardware a disservice last gen by the end.  But I don’t see that happening to the same degree here with such a misstep.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Hell, a 4070 Ti Super can be had for around $780… AND IT COMES WITH A GAME.

We’ll have to see more to confirm, but a 4070 TI Super would probably be overkill by comparison if you just wanted to build an equivalent rig.  Even more if you count DLSS3 framegen.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Died 2006, Born 2024. 
Welcome back arrogant Sony. 

I don't think this is the same. This is a high end version of their console in a waaay different period economically. They were arrogant from the ground up with the PS3's entire design, from the cell processor to the marketing pitch. 

This is more like...shit we literally can't make it any cheaper than this and hit our numbers because of the global economy. 

• True 4

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I don't think this is the same. This is a high end version of their console in a waaay different period economically. They were arrogant from the ground up with the PS3's entire design, from the cell processor to the marketing pitch. 

This is more like...shit we literally can't make it any cheaper than this and hit our numbers because of the global economy. 

This is absolutely factual and unfortunately will not be an accepted reality by most. I wonder how Nintendo is doing regarding Switch 2. 

Honestly I can't hate them for trying.  People paid scalpers way more then $500 for the PS5 for months after release. A higher end video card is over $700 by itself. I think it sucks they couldn't deliver good examples for it's existence but maybe come Grand Theft Auto 6 people will be singing a different tune. For me $700 is too much but the fact that it doesn't have a disc drive is the killing blow. I watch my 4k/Blu rays and an extra $80 definitely isn't happening on top.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Honestly I can't hate them for trying.  People paid scalpers way more then $500 for the PS5 for months after release. A higher end video card is over $700 by itself. I think it sucks they couldn't deliver good examples for it's existence but maybe come Grand Theft Auto 6 people will be singing a different tune. For me $700 is too much but tue fact that it doesn't have a disc drive is the killing blow. I watch my 4k/Blu rays!

Oh, the value of price to performance is definitely there and I bet this hardware punches above its weight vs an equivalent PC. That said, the public at large will only see the price and it will be a non starter. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So, guess what? PS6 will be a minimum of $700 now. 

That was my next thought. Next gen is probably gonna be at least $600. Guess we'll find out of MS launches the next box first as currently being rumored. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh, the value of price to performance is definitely there and I bet this hardware punches above its weight vs an equivalent PC. That said, the public at large will only see the price and it will be a non starter. 

The PS4 Pro had 4K and UHD to help get the average Joe to see something worth upgrading to. This, while nice to have, doesn't have that same punch and in fact without the drive removes the value the PS4 pro had.

4 minutes ago, Dodger said:

That was my next thought. Next gen is probably gonna be at least $600. Guess we'll find out of MS launches the next box first as currently being rumored. 

The next xbox will be $100 because it’s going to be a high end streaming stick 

:sickos:

• Sicko 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The PS4 Pro had 4K and UHD to help get the average Joe to see something worth upgrading to. This, while nice to have, doesn't have that same punch and in fact without the drive removes the value the PS4 pro had.

All true, but dollar/performance, its still a nice piece of kit. Again, the average consumer will definitely not thinks so! :lol:

10 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I really don’t see the price to performance value with this like I did with the 4 Pro or, especially, the XboneX. They seemingly had nothing to even show off with this. Like, if it was taking “40fps mode” and making it 120fps… maybe? But 30 to 60fps on games that already have 40fps VRR was… well… trash.