PS5 Pro officially announced for November 7 release for the price of...you've gotta be kidding me!

Keyser_Soze

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Putting bets down on prices?

More than $600?

A 2TB series X will be $600 so this PS5 Pro is going to have to be like $700 or more.

Not a chance it's $700. I'm thinking $550 or $600 tops. 

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Putting bets down on prices?

More than $600?

A 2TB series X will be $600 so this PS5 Pro is going to have to be like $700 or more.

With the Dual Sense getting a bump by Sony, I'm going on the higher end this time and would be pleasantly surprised if it's not.

Course I'm fine with a PS5 regular. :p 

13 minutes ago, Best said:

Not a chance it's $700. I'm thinking $550 or $600 tops. 

I don’t know. They have been raising the price of the PS5 everywhere and they are saying the Portal (a PS branded Wii U tablet) has sold well, and the Xbox is nowhere close to them. I could see Sony having enough ego to try $700+

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I'm probably getting one assuming it's not some sort of clusterfuck to get one. 

it will be for a few months at least, I’m sure. 

what will be very funny is it releases at $700-$800 and gets grabbed up by scalpers, then Sony drops the price to $600 with an ordering method very hard to scalp so the scalpers eat the extra cost. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

I’ll be interested in what they show. I’ve never bought a mid-gen console outside the OLED switch with the exception of a PS3 (since my other one died). IIRC I think I actually got it on a stipend from Sony cuz the launch ones were prone to failure akin to the RROD. 

51 minutes ago, Best said:

True. Especially since Phaseknox isn't a graphics whore he really doesn't need a Pro. 

I actually feel kind of bad for bringing it up but didn't he say recently he's having vision problems? Forget being a graphics whore, I hope he can just see in general.

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I actually feel kind of bad for bringing it up but didn't he say recently he's having vision problems? Forget being a graphics whore, I hope he can just see in general.

Yes, you're correct. I forgot about that so yea that's extremely unfortunate. 

Hopefully all those games that keep having 60 FPS modes that actually run at 30-50 FPS while looking like a Switch game in portable mode will start running better and looking crisper now. I've been glad of 60 FPS targets, but dear god has it been hit or miss.

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If this bloody thing is more than $600 and I don't have something to drink handy, I'm going to damned well find one just so I can do a spit-take.

If they say $699 US dollars I'm going to join you because that'd be fucking ridiculous. It has to be $600 or less, right? *Padme meme* Right?

• Sicko Sherman 1

23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If this bloody thing is more than $600 and I don't have something to drink handy, I'm going to damned well find one just so I can do a spit-take.

The add on for the disc drive will certainly put it over that.  Or at least that’s the way I’m looking at it.

• Sicko Sherman 1