What's your opinion on Mad Max?

Best

In a brand new video (below) there is a top 10 AAA games that are way better than you think.

One of the games is Mad Max. I never played it and according to the video it was released at a bad time. Have any of you played it? Your thoughts?

Here's the video:

• stepee 1

Some of these I wouldn't consider Triple A games. DMC is much better than it is given credit for and is probably my second favorite Devil May Cry game. Guardians of the Galaxy is in this months Humble Choice if anyone is interested in that game. That Deadpool game looks like a rerelease on current gen consoles with a graphics update could be worthwhile.

34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ll await your disappointment 

I played almost 2 hours and it's a perfectly fine game. Great controls and mechanics. The graphics are great, too. 

$3 was great for me to check this out. I'm trying something else now but I will definitely go back to this. 

Ok so I put more time into this. There is definitely a good game at the core of everything. It has very satisfying car combat aand melee combat all within a beautiful wasteland. But I'm not seeing much of any story and activities get repetitive. It's like doing a collection of activities to cross gameplay mechanics off a list that the developers crammed in. 

I can see why it didn't review well but I also see a lot of potential. 

I'll drop it for now and maybe come back to it when I'm in a gaming drought. 

I think Mad Max is one of those games that would have benefited off of a sequel following high sales. First one was a surprising competent franchise cash-in movie. If it had blown up in sales and gotten a sequel I can see more budget and passion getting put into it.

Probably would have helped had it not been released among power houses like Phantom Pain, Forza, and Mario Maker.

• True 1
  • Halal 1