Linkin Park back together, announce new album with lead singer Emily Armstrong

They announced it with a livestreamed concert. I have to say, she carries Chester's parts very well, especially the screaming. I am interested to see where they go with her. Numb live:

New album Nov 15 called From Zero. Here is a song from it:

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The rock band, which now includes singer Emily Armstrong and drummer Colin Brittain, also announced their new album 'From Zero.'

• stepee 1

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I heard she is deep into Scientology and a Danny Masterson apologist.

Yeah, just read more on this. Apparently she was at the initial hearing for Danny Masterson's trial. Yikes. I am hoping that she has since disavowed both Masterson and Scientology...though I am doubtful. It's entirely possible to be in a cult and then later regret it and leave. However, assuming she is still a Scientologist, that is a crazy bad look for Linkin Park to have their leader single kill himself after a long struggle with mental illness, only to then replace him with someone who doesn't even believe in psychiatry/psychology. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

It's weird when bands get new singers that sound absolutely nothing like their previous/deceased singer. It's not that hard to find someone who can do the songs justice. Queen pulls the same BS.

Nah I like it when they try to take things in a new direction. I don't want a Diet Coke in band form.

Of course none of that matters with Linkin Park.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah, just read more on this. Apparently she was at the initial hearing for Danny Masterson's trial. Yikes. I am hoping that she has since disavowed both Masterson and Scientology...though I am doubtful. It's entirely possible to be in a cult and then later regret it and leave. However, assuming she is still a Scientologist, that is a crazy bad look for Linkin Park to have their leader single kill himself after a long struggle with mental illness, only to then replace him with someone who doesn't even believe in psychiatry/psychology. 

Definitely. I'm somewhat living proof! :P But your last sentence is exactly what I was going to say.

12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Nah I like it when they try to take things in a new direction. I don't want a Diet Coke in band form.

If they try something new and it's good, sure. But, they're just playing the same songs and it sounds like a discount cover band playing at some lame club on the boardwalk. And yea, I get this is a new album, but c'mon, they're doing it so they can tour :p 

12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Of course none of that matters with Linkin Park.

Are... are you saying that in the end, it doesn't even matter? :thinking:

• Haha 1
  • True 1

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If they try something new and it's good, sure. But, they're just playing the same songs and it sounds like a discount cover band playing at some lame club on the boardwalk. And yea, I get this is a new album, but c'mon, they're doing it so they can tour :p 

Well, every change still starts with just one album.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Are... are you saying that in the end, it doesn't even matter? :thinking:

:lol: Love it lmao.

But in a way yes, because I think Linkin Park is the K-mart cola of rock music so for me it really doesn't. :p

The rendition of Numb in the OP is not a great advertisement for the new band's ability to do their old stuff. I agree with @Spork3245 it sounds like a mediocre cover band.

That doesn't really affect the quality of any new music though. Hopefully they find a sound that works.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

Hopefully they find a sound that works.

I bet they can if they hire a new singer!

:sickos:

Seriously, though. Queen tours with Adam Lambert and it's f'n awful. Who actually wants to pay those ticket prices for what amounts to a cover band?

Here's STP with their new singer, Jeff Gutt:

He sounds like Scott Weiland mostly

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Seriously, though. Queen tours with Adam Lambert and it's f'n awful. Who actually wants to pay those ticket prices for what amounts to a cover band?

I feel like they're kind of fucked regardless though. I mean, who the fuck can replace Freddie? 

25 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wouldn't the OG legend be Freddie Mercury?

Oh yes. Sorry I misread, probably because I was also looking around the same time you posted and saw something similar about mixing, but that mix included Freddie. E.g., here.

Relevant bit:

Rami himself has revealed that he is lip-syncing, but it's not just Freddie's voice that we hear.

"It is an amalgamation of a few voices," he told the Metro US. "But predominantly it is my hope and the hope of everyone that we will hear as much Freddie as possible. I think that is the goal for all of us."

6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

They announced it with a livestreamed concert. I have to say, she carries Chester's parts very well, especially the screaming. I am interested to see where they go with her. Numb live:

New album Nov 15 called From Zero. Here is a song from it:

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The rock band, which now includes singer Emily Armstrong and drummer Colin Brittain, also announced their new album 'From Zero.'

Mike is sounding rough there in the Numb performance 

4 minutes ago, legend said:

Oh yes. Sorry I misread, probably because I was also looking around the same time you posted and saw something similar about mixing, but that mix included Freddie. E.g., here.

Relevant bit:

Yea, it depended on the song and scene as to who was mixed in and how much. Marc Martel's singing voice for Queen songs seems almost 1:1 with Freddie tbh

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

She sounds like ass. Epic fail on the bands part. You don't replace a legend.

It's not like Chester Bennington was some kind of iconic vocalist.

Replace legendary ass with new ass. In the end it doesn't really matter.

In any case glad this conversation ended up talking about Queen instead.

When she is singing, she sounds ok. When she tries to scream, her voice strains so much that its nails on a chalkboard to me.  

I am not typically a fan of a singer being replaced in a band. When Tom left Blink, I was out. Couldn’t get into any of it without him. When Tom rejoined, man it felt so good. Went to see them live and like their new album.  Good luck to LP. Hope it works out for them and their fans. 

I don't really care for her version of their songs, but whatever I guess, Lincoln Park wasn't ever a favorite of mine so I'm not too upset. :p 

I think this is one of those cases where they should have just renamed the band but still occasionally play some LP songs. Like Audioslave did with Rage Against the Machine.