Let's revisit some fond memories of X-play... Oh Jesus Christ! WTF!

legend

MG1, Snakes Revenge and Metal Gear Solid were my favorites by far. They turned into pointless exposition about genes and nano machines etc etc and was so over bearing it killed the series for me. Really no desire to go back to any of it unless they remaster MGS1

I was somewhat disappointed in MGS2 at the time, but that story shines in retrospect imo. I understand the criticisms he has for it, but I think it becomes a bit of you’re either in or you’re not (at the time tho especially that critique was extremely valid as we didn’t really know what type of game an unleashed kojima wanted to make, so after MGS it was particularly jarring). 

1 minute ago, Best said:

I'm on Hideo Kojima's dick right now. 

I am currently playing MGSV and Death Stranding directors cut. 

I am having a lot of fun with both. I'm a big fan of his. 

I finally got through Death Stranding recently. It coming out just before the pandemic absolutely killed the game for me especially because I didn't get around to playing it until lockdown. Getting to play as an essential worker in a post pandemic/catastrophe world just hit too close to home while sitting in my room in lockdown due to a pandemic.

Fantastic game. Looking forward to the new one. I took a break but at some point I plan to go back and finish up all of the side content I didn't get to. IIRC I did like a solid 50-60% of it.

• Hype 1

Whatever anyone does 

don’t lookup Adam Sessler now. He’s unhinged. Admittedly hates games. Always did. ALWAYS. Did it for a check. 
The “New” G4tv crash and burned BECAUSE of the “new” Wokeness and died quickly and silently 

don’t dare look at it. Sad

7 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

Whatever anyone does 

don’t lookup Adam Sessler now. He’s unhinged. Admittedly hates games. Always did. ALWAYS. Did it for a check. 
The “New” G4tv crash and burned BECAUSE of the “new” Wokeness and died quickly and silently 

don’t dare look at it. Sad

I did because no one tells me what to do lol.. And now I wish I had listened to you. It is pretty sad

• Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

She was nice to look at. But her opinions suuuuuuucked.

Olivia was cool, IIRC. Didn’t she end up playing Psylocke in X-MEN?

Yea she played that role. I forgot about Candace Bailey too. She was beautiful. 

On 9/1/2024 at 3:44 AM, Bitgod said:

And here I thought the comments would be about the nuking japan joke.  Silly me.

That was the original point of the thread, otherwise I would have just pasted the quoted tweet. But this is D1P, I'm impressed this didn't turn into a thread about pineapple on pizza! :p 

1 hour ago, legend said:

That was the original point of the thread, otherwise I would have just pasted the quoted tweet. But this is D1P, I'm impressed this didn't turn into a thread about pineapple on pizza! :p 

don't tempt me....

• Sicko 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:00 AM, legend said:

Breaking the rule because I don't know where else to get this, but holy shit man!

Felt that way even on Metal Gear Solid.. “alright badass Shaman with a mini-gun lets fight!!!, OmFG why is he talking about ear pulling in Alaska!!”

Later on you watch and admittedly cool scene of a Ninja doing all kinds of crazy in a bloody hallway.. its about to be a fight!!! you get in there and what do I get? 10 minute cutscene followed by *punch punch spin kick and “hurt me more” Wtf!

Kojima is like Tom Clancy its not enough that theyre smart and tell a good story.. its that they have to hammer home the point, throw a parade and stamp it on your forehead that you acknowledge their genius….. 

• True 1

I met Adam Sessler back in 2009 or so. We had a great conversation (granted we weren't talking about video games). I've always thought he made it clear that he never really liked games in their own right. He pretty much stumbled into his job at Tech TV and ended up getting assigned to video games and was like "ok," but he never really cared about video games in particular. As far as I know, he's never made that a secret.

That being said, his twitter rampages make him seem like a right douche

21 hours ago, legend said:

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that pineapple and jalapeños is an S tier topping choice.