RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

Ok, wow. I had assumed he was sick or something and this wasn't just some random sudden incident. I'm not as plugged into this site as many of you and I didn't want to pry because ultimately the cause really doesn't matter... but an accident makes it feel even more tragic.

I've been posting on message boards for a long time and I've "known" several others online who have died and it's such a weird feeling. Because you know these people, but at the same time you really don't. Sometimes it's easy to forget in the moment  that at the other end of every account there is a real person who actually exists... I mean, of course I know that, but sometimes your mind just kind of glosses over it and everyone just feels like another disconnected voice in the void.

The world is an unforgiving place. We all try to wrap ourselves in modern comforts to distract ourselves from the relentless cruelty of the world, but eventually the world comes for us all. It's important for everyone to enjoy every day and spend time doing things you enjoy with people you love, because you just never know.

I will miss you stepee. Thank you everyone on here for doing your part to make this place a great little goofy online oasis. I know we all meant a lot to stepee just like everyone on here means something to everyone else, in some small or large way.

• Hugs 8

Holy shit I just saw this thread.

Weird how you can get a gut check over a post about someone you've never met. I just post here casually but we always commented on each other's posts and he was one of the o.g.'s.

Rest in Peace, bro. :rose:

And no more creepy walking dog dick. :(

• Hugs 3

I'm still completely devastated. It just feels like a terrible dream. Seeing his most recent posts and then realizing he is gone is hurting more than I ever thought. 

I'm thankful that we are family here and have each other to lean on. 

• Hugs 6

7 hours ago, ort said:

Ok, wow. I had assumed he was sick or something and this wasn't just some random sudden incident. I'm not as plugged into this site as many of you and I didn't want to pry because ultimately the cause really doesn't matter... but an accident makes it feel even more tragic.

I've been posting on message boards for a long time and I've "known" several others online who have died and it's such a weird feeling. Because you know these people, but at the same time you really don't. Sometimes it's easy to forget in the moment  that at the other end of every account there is a real person who actually exists... I mean, of course I know that, but sometimes your mind just kind of glosses over it and everyone just feels like another disconnected voice in the void.

The world is an unforgiving place. We all try to wrap ourselves in modern comforts to distract ourselves from the relentless cruelty of the world, but eventually the world comes for us all. It's important for everyone to enjoy every day and spend time doing things you enjoy with people you love, because you just never know.

I will miss you stepee. Thank you everyone on here for doing your part to make this place a great little goofy online oasis. I know we all meant a lot to stepee just like everyone on here means something to everyone else, in some small or large way.

I agree with the bold. An illness would have still sucked. But a possible accident, pending official results, just feels so avoidable. I wish I could have shouted something in earshot that could have helped, you know? :( *sigh*

• Hugs 2

3 hours ago, Best said:

Seeing his most recent posts and then realizing he is gone is hurting more than I ever thought.

As I said it's a bummer that there was so much he was looking forward he won't get to play. Bumping old threads of games he was looking forward too is also a big bummer. But I've sort of come to terms with it. He was looking forward to almost everything so I can make a thread or bump a thread and think @stepee would have gone ape shit for this (Like those Capcom fighting collections). So instead of thinking of stepee can't play it I think this is a stepee approved game (or something like that :p )

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 2

I came here initially to post a thank you for the @stepeeLove reaction, please let this FOREVER be a thing! 

Next lemme answer these quotes:

17 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
  Hide contents

Oh no... this is really sad. Never try to sleep or off.

I've banged my head several times and did sleep it off once, later I was told to NEVER do that, depending on the injury you don't always wake up.

Usually for me it's something like... you're under a table adjusting some wires or cleaning things up, things where you're under things and don't gauge your distance properly. Then you hit your head and it's like 1) oh ffff that hurt, then. 2) confusion and dizziness more than pain, you just kinda wanna just lie there and let it go away.

The last time I had 'Vid, at one point, presumably due to meds, sickness & weakness as well as dehydration, I had leaned over my living room table and *BOOM* blacked out/passed out right there. Like IN the instant I could see myself falling and yet had ZERO physical ability to respond. Idk how long I was there, maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but when I had fallen forward, there was a 20 oz soda bottle that I hit flat upon. I was sore and bruised for weeks after! To thing IF I had been impaled, hit my head on it possibly, (have another lengthy story about a head injury to which 30+ years later I STILL have a welt on my head from), or any number of things and that could have been my end. Only now did I think of that.

14 hours ago, Andrea said:

Online connections are just as valid as “real life” friendships. This is real life. We are connecting. It’s done virtually yes AND it’s real. 

I've been online since like 94/95. Used to go to this site TalkCity.com and met a lot of cool ppl there I still maintain contact with to this day. He'll, even traveled halfway across the states by bus at 18 to the woman who I lost my V Card to, we still are friends! To undermine or misunderstand the realness, importance, or truth & value in what's on the surface, misconstrued as merely an "online relationship" is to undercut each and every REAL connection anyone has ever had to anybody. In fact, because of the indirectness, we subconsciously allow ourselves to be more open to those on this level reality than many do in real life. It's a thing to be respected and treasured when true.

It's to that very point where I am compelled to continue. As I scrolled to catch up, (love how active this is!), I witnessed SO much healing, compassion, love, understanding, and a communal bonding. Love you all. ❤️

That said, I have an official as well as a non-official request...

Since we got that emoji response (again hopefully permanently 🤞), could we possibly rename this thread to a @steepee in memoriam/remembrance thread?

Spoiler

If you're loving all this horror in theaters this year, scope out my Terrifier 3 thread! New trailer dropped and it is truly GLORIOUS ... (or would that be "GORIOUS"!?)

• Hugs 2

6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

That said, I have an official as well as a non-official request...

Since we got that emoji response (again hopefully permanently 🤞), could we possibly rename this thread to a @steepee in memoriam/remembrance thread?

23 minutes ago, legend said:

Man, I was trying to come up with a funny title, but I don't feel comedically talented enough to come up with one deserving of stepee and it just makes me sad trying.

train a model on his post and ask it to make one. :coffee:

• Haha 1

stepee has a lot of "Favorite something something something" threads

could do something like

"Favorite stepee?" or "Favorite stepee memory/post?

he also has just a lot of questions threads that start with what

"What's stepee doing?"

he also has plenty of "I'm here AMA" threads as well

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was thinking of something classy like

The Bear Has Gone Into Hibernation (A Stepee Celebration of Life and Memories)

or some sappy crap like that. :p

Official Gay Bear Sex Thread

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was thinking of something classy like

The Bear Has Gone Into Hibernation (A Stepee Celebration of Life and Memories)

I am in favor of this or something very similar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 2

wherever he is I just hope he is able to read this thread and know exactly how much we loved him, enjoyed talking with him, and appreciated what he brought to D1P. Especially his generosity and kindness. 

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 5

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

wherever he is I just hope he is able to read this thread and know exactly how much we loved him, enjoyed talking with him, and appreciated what he brought to D1P. Especially his generosity and kindness. 

I know. We just don't know what happens after we die. I mean I talk to my brother everyday but is he really hearing me? 

• Hugs 2

Just now, Best said:

I know. We just don't know what happens after we die. I mean I talk to my brother everyday but is he really hearing me? 

Nobody knows for certain. It brings me inner peace believing in God and a heaven. I like to think this all makes sense but the truth is nobody knows but we all will find out one day what is on the other side. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

I hear you but I think the thread title is a double edged sword in a way. There are still people trickling in that had no idea what this thread was about or what happened.

Maybe, with an honorary thread title whatever few people that haven't paid their respects might come around.

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I hear you but I think the thread title is a double edged sword in a way. There are still people trickling in that had no idea what this thread was about or what happened.

Maybe, with an honorary thread title whatever few people that haven't paid their respects might come around.

There's definitely a lot of people, like CEB people for instance, that don't even go on Spawn Point regularly that probably have no idea. There's some I kinda want to tag, but I'm also not doing it because it all just sucks so much.

• True 1

Yeah. I've made some bait titles like the op. Totally thought it was a joke title at first. I think as long as @stepee is mentioned in the title it will be good.

I don't know if this will rub everyone the right way, but as a fellow d1p member, I have had a thread title in my head for a few days. Something that is very D1P. I'm going spoiler it cuz I don't know if everyone will take the right way. 

Spoiler

• stepee 4
  • Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah. I've made some bait titles like the op. Totally thought it was a joke title at first. I think as long as @stepee is mentioned in the title it will be good.

I don't know if this will rub everyone the right way, but as a fellow d1p member, I have had a thread title in my head for a few days. Something that is very D1P. I'm going spoiler it cuz I don't know if everyone will take the right way. 

Hide contents

honestly the best suggestion so far. To the point with a touch of humor. 

• stepee 2

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hide contents

I have no issue with that. 

• stepee 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

@Brian @Commissar SFLUFAN I told his mom that you were doing the mass intentions/prayers for him and she said this:

”That is so beautiful and touching. I 1000% appreciate them doing that, Please let them know what a beautiful and powerful gesture I think that is, and that I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Bless them, and bless you for letting me know. It's a comfort in this achingly painful time.”

• stepee 11