RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Were they able to accommodate the mass intention that quickly?  Usually the first available are months out.

The first available open slot for mass intentions in my local parish is Christmas Eve.

They will accommodate it during the week.   The day has not been decided.  The church will notify me a week beforehand. 

• Hugs 1

I know some people are wondering what happened and how he passed and unfortunately it’s still not known with 100% certainty. His autopsy happened today but cause of death won’t be confirmed until a few more tests are run which can take 5 to 12 months. 

We do know some more details I will share in a spoiler so you can choose if it’s something you’re comfortable learning about. It may be upsetting to hear, so please be warned. His mother gave permission to share and feels that anyone who cared about him and wants to know what happened can know these details.

Spoiler

Detectives spent 10 hours in his apartment evaluating the scene. They suspect he had an accident and hit his head on something or fell because there was trauma to the head. But they can not officially declare anything until the final tests are complete.

They however did determine through the autopsy and other means that the physical trauma was not related to foul play. 

This is all we know for certain at this time and unfortunately it will be a long while for some more answers. 

• stepee 2
  • Sad 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Hugs 11

I have to echo @Biggie& @Andreasentiments. I know I can be a curmudgeon like dickhead at times. I apologize for that. Personally, things have been rough the last couple of years. That's not an excuse for my behavior & I strive daily to BE BETTER. To work on oneself is a constant struggle, that's for goddamn sure. 

That said, I have always, since very early childhood, have always found solace in all manner of horror films. To that end, there does happen to be a 6 movie marathon beginning this Friday at 9p on Shudder (can obtain through AMC+ as well), and why not just hang and chat & keep one another company? I intend to make it through the whole thing as I haven't anything else going on, hope to see some engagement either on Discord and/or the The Last Drive In thread. 

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, Andrea said:

I know some people are wondering what happened and how he passed and unfortunately it’s still not known with 100% certainty. His autopsy happened today but cause of death won’t be confirmed until a few more tests are run which can take 5 to 12 months. 

We do know some more details I will share in a spoiler so you can choose if it’s something you’re comfortable learning about. It may be upsetting to hear, so please be warned. His mother gave permission to share and feels that anyone who cared about him and wants to know what happened can know these details.

Reveal hidden contents

thank you for sharing this info, as it’s no doubt difficult to not only read but also deliver to others. 🫂 

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, johnny said:

thank you for sharing this info, as it’s no doubt difficult to not only read but also deliver to others. 🫂 

Thank you Johnny I appreciate that. It was indeed difficult to write and share. But I know we all want to know what happened to take our young friend from us so suddenly. 

• Hugs 3

I've been MIA since I was last around because I've been overwhelmed with job interviews. I came on tonight to shitpost but absolutely devastated that this is the news I logged in to see. 

I want to say something else but I'm at a loss of words. 

• Hugs 7

I’ve had this opened for a bit now and I just don’t know how to reply. @Keyser_Sozethat’s basically what happened with Bob Saget, yes: he banged his head in his hotel room then decided to sleep it off.

This is all just so fucking heartbreaking and awful. 

This has been affecting me so differently compared to friends I’ve lost in the past. There’s a bigger, or maybe just “different”, hole that’s formed. My “real life” friends aren’t people I necessarily talk to or see basically everyday: throughout the week, sure, but not every single day and throughout each day. @stepeewasn’t just a friend here, he was a “presence” that’s been in mine and many of our lives for decades, one that’s basically been here and a constant that was just “there” whenever we interacted on or just scrolled through these forums. I don’t know if “presence” is the right word, but I would hope people understand what I mean by it if it’s not the correct word. 

Everything just sucks so much right now. 

• True 2
  • Hugs 8

Spoiler

Oh no... this is really sad. Never try to sleep or off.

I've banged my head several times and did sleep it off once, later I was told to NEVER do that, depending on the injury you don't always wake up.

Usually for me it's something like... you're under a table adjusting some wires or cleaning things up, things where you're under things and don't gauge your distance properly. Then you hit your head and it's like 1) oh ffff that hurt, then. 2) confusion and dizziness more than pain, you just kinda wanna just lie there and let it go away.

• Hugs 2

12 hours ago, Andrea said:

Reveal hidden contents

Detectives spent 10 hours in his apartment evaluating the scene. They suspect he had an accident and hit his head on something or fell because there was trauma to the head. But they can not officially declare anything until the final tests are complete.

They however did determine through the autopsy and other means that the physical trauma was not related to foul play. 

This is all we know for certain at this time and unfortunately it will be a long while for some more answers. 

Ugh what a tragedy. Many thanks again for continuing to keep us informed.

• Hugs 3

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

This has been affecting me so differently compared to friends I’ve lost in the past. There’s a bigger, or maybe just “different”, hole that’s formed. My “real life” friends aren’t people I necessarily talk to or see basically everyday: throughout the week, sure, but not every single day and throughout each day. @stepeewasn’t just a friend here, he was a “presence” that’s been in mine and many of our lives for decades, one that’s basically been here and a constant that was just “there” whenever we interacted on or just scrolled through these forums. I don’t know if “presence” is the right word, but I would hope people understand what I mean by it if it’s not the correct word. 

What you've described is exactly what I said in my session with Dr. Decker yesterday, right down to using the word "presence" which is the identical word I used as well.

This grief is also "different" than all the others that I've experienced. Not "more difficult".  Not "easier".  Not "better".  Not "worse".  Not "bigger".  Not "smaller".  Just "different". 

And it's no less "real" than all those other grieving experiences simply because most of us never actually met @stepee and our interactions were largely over electrons, because when you get right down to it, ALL of our "real life" interactions with others are also exchanges of information at the fundamental atomic level anyway, so why make a distinction that's largely irrelevant?  He was, is, and forever will be a real presence in our lives and we were damned lucky to have him!

• stepee 1
  • True 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hugs 4

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Isn't this exactly (or similar to) what happened to Bob Saget?

Shocking, tragic, and sudden. This is just bad.

yeah I had the same thought several times. Definitely similar. And I remember the full house cast saying they were just struggling to understand and there were so many unanswered questions. I feel that way too. 

Though remember nothing is certain or concluded yet, just suspected. 

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 2

51 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What you've described is exactly what I said in my session with Dr. Decker yesterday, right down to using the word "presence" which is the identical word I used as well.

This grief is also "different" than all the others that I've experienced. Not "more difficult".  Not "easier".  Not "better".  Not "worse".  Not "bigger".  Not "smaller".  Just "different". 

And it's no less "real" than all those other grieving experiences simply because most of us never actually met @stepee and our interactions were largely over electrons, because when you get right down to it, ALL of our "real life" interactions with others are also exchanges of information at the fundamental atomic level anyway, so why make a distinction that's largely irrelevant?  He was, is, and forever will be a real presence in our lives and we were damned lucky to have him!

Online connections are just as valid as “real life” friendships. This is real life. We are connecting. It’s done virtually yes AND it’s real. 

• stepee 5
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Online connections are just as valid as “real life” friendships. This is real life. We are connecting. It’s done virtually yes AND it’s real. 

I apologize for trying to make you feel like shit and lying about who I was and my life. That was a horrible thing to do in the discord and I’m sorry. Exposing me was deserved. Hope we can move past that. I’m really not that insecure person I was back then. 

• stepee 3
  • Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

By writing "real life" it wasn't saying a presence and friend here is not part of real life. There's a reason I was using quotes: to signify people known in a different manner.

Oh no - I understand completely what you meant!  I was just thinking aloud from my session with Dr. Decker.

• Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

By writing "real life" it wasn't saying a presence and friend here is not part of real life. There's a reason I was using quotes: to signify people known in a different manner.

oh I’m sorry! I wasn’t upset with you or trying to correct you. My intention was to add to/validate your sentiment. 

Sorry I just woke up and I have Covid and my head is fuzzy rn. Should have been clearer. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I apologize for trying to make you feel like shit and lying about who I was and my life. That was a horrible thing to do in the discord and I’m sorry. Exposing me was deserved. Hope we can move past that. I’m really not that insecure person I was back then. 

Oh biggie, I appreciate that and it is okay. I apologize for not respecting your privacy. I’ve really been an a-hole for that not just with you but with others, even recently. I’m done being amateur CIA it’s pointless and just rude. 

• stepee 3
  • Hugs 2

2 minutes ago, Andrea said:

oh I’m sorry! I wasn’t upset with you or trying to correct you. My intention was to add to/validate your sentiment. 

Sorry I just woke up and I have Covid and my head is fuzzy rn. Should have been clearer. 

Oh biggie, I appreciate that and it is okay. I apologize for not respecting your privacy. I’ve really been an a-hole for that not just with you but with others, even recently. I’m done being amateur CIA it’s pointless and just rude. 

Thanks. But like I said, I brought it upon myself. 

• Hugs 1

Just now, Andrea said:

I just really wanted to clarify incase anyone was taking my post the wrong way. In many ways @stepeehas been a bigger presence in most of our lives, especially as a type of constant through the years (as well as friend), then people we know outside of the internet. It's been hitting me especially badly the past few days, as I'm sure it has been with most everyone.

• stepee 3

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Thanks. But like I said, I brought it upon myself. 

I’m down to forgive and forget. I’m not proud of a lot of my behavior either. 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I just really wanted to clarify incase anyone was taking my post the wrong way. In many ways @stepeehas been a bigger presence in most of our lives, especially as a type of constant through the years (as well as friend), then people we know outside of the internet. It's been hitting me especially badly the past few days, as I'm sure it has been with most everyone.

Totally understood and you said it beautifully 💛.

• stepee 3
  • Hugs 1

I feel as though I was closer to stepee than anyone in my life minus my parents. Online relationships are probably even more intimate than some real life friendships. I just feel so bad that he and I were having issues and we never got to straighten it out. I really feel terrible about that aspect. 

He truly was a brother to me. 

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 4

40 minutes ago, Best said:

I feel as though I was closer to stepee than anyone in my life minus my parents. Online relationships are probably even more intimate than some real life friendships. I just feel so bad that he and I were having issues and we never got to straighten it out. I really feel terrible about that aspect. 

When Andrea called me out I remember steppe was the one who stuck up for me. He said it wasn’t big deal and encouraged me to post on D1P again and invited back to the discord. I felt very shameful. But because he was so cool about it I came back and we became pretty good buds. 

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

When Andrea called me out I remember steppe was the one who stuck up for me. He said it wasn’t big deal and encouraged me to post on D1P again and invited back to the discord. I felt very shameful. But because he was so cool about it I came back and we became pretty good buds. 

He always said he was fond of you now and liked how you had evolved and changed. 

• stepee 3

1 hour ago, Best said:

I’m positive stepee knew you were just being Best. Y’all had been friends for years and I’m sure he didn’t take it personal.

• stepee 3

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Well dude, thats pretty big of you.. Or should I say Biggie of you 😝

Seriously though, I think we're all a little guilty of trying to seem like we're more than we are in the interwebs. I've done it myself man. Just forgive yourself, learn from it and move on. That's all you can do

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Andrea said:

He always said he was fond of you now and liked how you had evolved and changed. 

Jesus man. That means a fucking lot. He changed me in many ways. Being honest with myself and opening my mind to different political views. 

• stepee 3
  • Hugs 1