RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

12 hours ago, Brick said:

It is certainly a weird feeling, and gives a bit of an existential crisis wondering who would mourn me if I passed away? What would people say? Who would show up to my funeral? Would the people here find out somehow, or would people just think I stopped logging in? Would they even notice if I stopped posting? 

Two decades ago one of my few threads was posing this question. Right before. Myspace and Facebook took off I worried about how any of us would find out if someone tragically passed from the GCN and Wii communities. I didn't get much of a commitment and sadly have lost touch with most of the members from the old Nintendo boards - save for the ones who came here. I first used Facebook as a way to connect with IGN fellows, but sadly only a handful still have it and fewer use it today. There was also a splinter board TheWiiCB created the same time as Bad Cartridge but I didn't keep up with it like I did with this community and it appears the board is now dead and I have no idea where those people scattered.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

14 hours ago, Brick said:

It is certainly a weird feeling, and gives a bit of an existential crisis wondering who would mourn me if I passed away? What would people say? Who would show up to my funeral? Would the people here find out somehow, or would people just think I stopped logging in? Would they even notice if I stopped posting? 

My wife is fairly in the dark about DayOnePatch. A few years ago I specifically told her “hey you know that website I’m always reading stuff on? If I happen to die, just go on my phone and make a post letting people know what happened . She looked at me kind of crazy but said she would. I should probably write it down on my will too so she remembers haha.

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 2

13 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

My wife is fairly in the dark about DayOnePatch. A few years ago I specifically told her “hey you know that website I’m always reading stuff on? If I happen to die, just go on my phone and make a post letting people know what happened . She looked at me kind of crazy but said she would. I should probably write it down on my will too so she remembers haha.

time we all get one of these

I'm Dead, Now What! Planner

A.CO

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

43 minutes ago, Brian said:

How very uncanadian of you to let him keep his shoes on. Shocked 

No Way Wow GIF

he showed up with a waffles shirt on? Lololol bud always playing chess 

lol I honestly didn’t even realize until you pointed it out. I didn’t even notice in the moment. I’m too Americanized now.

and yes he loved his waffles shirt. He also had one for our friend Nyla’s cat Percy who he also loved. He wore both shirts around Europe a lot and enjoyed telling strangers he met about the cats on his shirt. He was so funny and such an animal lover. 

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

From his mom:

“I really appreciate you letting the owner of the game forum know that he passed, such a nice idea. Stephen would definitely have wanted everyone he communicated with regularly to know that he did not just disappear. I know that was a huge part of his life and he enjoyed it immensely. It's so amazing to hear that people are sharing wonderful memories of him. He was such a joyful, loving person and I know that he would be really touched by that. I am as well. To the person who made that donation to the World Wildlife Foundation in his name, thank you from the bottom of my heart...he was Absolutely an animal lover of All kinds. I have so many pictures he sent me of his zoo visits and an entire album of Nyla's kitty Percy in my photo gallery. It touches me beyond words that he was surrounded by such kind and thoughtful people during his life. 
Thank you so much for letting me know, it makes the grief easier to bear, knowing he had remarkable friends.”

• stepee 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 7

8 minutes ago, Andrea said:

From his mom:

“I really appreciate you letting the owner of the game forum know that he passed, such a nice idea. Stephen would definitely have wanted everyone he communicated with regularly to know that he did not just disappear. I know that was a huge part of his life and he enjoyed it immensely. It's so amazing to hear that people are sharing wonderful memories of him. He was such a joyful, loving person and I know that he would be really touched by that. I am as well. To the person who made that donation to the World Wildlife Foundation in his name, thank you from the bottom of my heart...he was Absolutely an animal lover of All kinds. I have so many pictures he sent me of his zoo visits and an entire album of Nyla's kitty Percy in my photo gallery. It touches me beyond words that he was surrounded by such kind and thoughtful people during his life. 
Thank you so much for letting me know, it makes the grief easier to bear, knowing he had remarkable friends.”

Thanks again for sharing and for taking on the emotional burden of doing so. I greatly appreciate it.

• Hugs 6

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Those pictures had me crying. It really hit me seeing him with Waffles. Life is so unfair. 

Yea I think I only seen one picture of him a while back. But seeing him with waffles is so sad. 

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I’ve definitely updated my fiancé that she either needs to text @CastlevaniaNut18 or post here if I ever pass away unexpectedly now.

I was telling my husband last night if that happens to me, he needs to text you or @Kal-El814. I’ve been here too long and feel too close to this community to just totally disappear with no explanation. 

• Hugs 2

And having caught up on the thread, I'd be happy to write a letter to his parents. I've been a nurse even longer than @TUFKAK and my handwriting it still legible. :p

I wish I still had that song he wrote for me all  those years ago. You wouldn't happen to have access to it, would you, @Andrea? I was thinking you did at one point, but I could be wrong.

Man seeing his Nintendo Switch avatar icon hurts so bad. He loved the Switch and the games. Had been patiently waiting for the Switch 2 to be announced. I mentioned I would get one but not at launch cause I’m struggling right now with bills/money. He said I would be getting one on launch day and he would buy it just so I’d be able to talk with everyone about it. Heart of gold. 

• Hugs 4

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Man seeing his Nintendo Switch avatar icon hurts so bad. He loved the Switch and the games. Had been patiently waiting for the Switch 2 to be announced. I mentioned I would get one but not at launch cause I’m struggling right now with bills/money. He said I would be getting one on launch day and he would buy it just so I’d be able to talk with everyone about it. Heart of gold. 

You'll have one on launch day.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Hype 1

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

And having caught up on the thread, I'd be happy to write a letter to his parents. I've been a nurse even longer than @TUFKAK and my handwriting it still legible. :p

I wish I still had that song he wrote for me all  those years ago. You wouldn't happen to have access to it, would you, @Andrea? I was thinking you did at one point, but I could be wrong.

oh man it’s been a while but he had it uploaded on a YouTube account along with the neojoe song but the videos were private. I’ll see if I can find it!

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

46 minutes ago, Andrea said:

oh man it’s been a while but he had it uploaded on a YouTube account along with the neojoe song but the videos were private. I’ll see if I can find it!

Lemme know if you do. I can't remember all the lyrics, but I can still hear his voice in my head singing "my castlevanianut" lol

• Hugs 1

19 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Lemme know if you do. I can't remember all the lyrics, but I can still hear his voice in my head since "my castlevanianut" lol

i took a quick look through my YouTube history and then through our text history but didn’t find it. I will check a little harder another time. It’s really hard to look at old texts. And now that the initial shock has worn off I’m just crying and crying and it’s hard to concentrate today in general. 

• Hugs 5

I have been busy most of the last couple of days and saw this oddly titled thread from the Commissar, so I clicked it.

I wasn’t prepared for what it had to say. I’m crying like a small child. I hate this so much.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 14