RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

Also, his final gift to the community was subscribing to the Kyle Bosman show, he got our name first in the credits last week.

But also nice enough to subscribe to my Youtube channel as well. He told me not to let him down so now I can't! 🥹

• Hugs 7
  • Hype 1

Guys I'm not handling this well. Unfortunately he and I were having issues the last few months and I hate how we never got to reunite as brothers again. 

I genuinely viewed him as my brother. We were both 42 yrs old and we shared many game memories together. 

Not being able to reconnect with him hurts my soul. He was such an amazing human being and I'm thankful I did get to tell him that on a few occasions.

I'm in tears now playing my deck that he bought me and I'm so heartbroken like everyone here. It's just so devastating. I wanted to post with him for many years to come.

I hope he gets to meet my identical twin brother and they are laughing and having a beautiful time on the other side. 

God bless him. ❤ 

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 18

55 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Nah, let fly, Stepee would have loved it! 

52 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm with @Mr.Vic20 on this!  Cut 'em loose!

Well, my first reaction to this news was “Shit, who is gonna buy me a Switch 2 now?” and I’m going to have to live with that forever. So thanks, stepee, for making me realize I’m a terrible person! 

• Haha 7
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hugs 2

I've seen that name since the IGN days and now the human behind the name gets laid to rest.

You don't realize sometimes that name on the screen youve been so used to seeing represents a real person with a real life outside of these boards. And then something like this happens and it's a reminder how fragile and real it can be.

Rest easy and Godspeed

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 2

51 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also, his final gift to the community was subscribing to the Kyle Bosman show, he got our name first in the credits last week.

But also nice enough to subscribe to my Youtube channel as well. He told me not to let him down so now I can't! 🥹

When I'm in a bit better frame of mind, I'll figure out a way to contact Kyle and inform him so that maybe @stepee can get a shout out on the show.

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 4

I really can't believe it. Stepee was a pillar of this community. I don't get deep into the community side of things here often but stepee was someone who was always having fun and trying to like and enjoy things - a sentiment I strongly relate to. I just can't believe he's gone so suddenly, especially now that he seemed to be enjoying his life again after everything. He just posted on Tuesday, what the hell.

This community will miss you Stepee. You and that weird ass avatar that will forever be burned into my memory. Just the way it should be.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Hugs 2

He was such a positive light through and through. He never complained about anything even when he was broken in half from his accident. He was finally getting his life back and was living the dream of exploring the world and sharing his wealth to this community. 

He had a heart of gold and was a very intelligent and funny guy. I will always keep him close to my heart and will try to be half the man he was. 

I know everyone here loved him and we seriously need to do something in his memory. I'm just a mess right now. 

• Hugs 1

of course, like many others here, he was extremely generous to us. he helped me buy a PS4 when i was in college and straight up bought me an xbone. i was maybe 20? and my dad saw the xbox and started questioning me about all the money i was spending. didn’t wanna tell him a guy on the internet bought it for me lol. there’s probably like 5-10 games he bought me too over the years. looking at DMs i can see he last bought me mario wonder (which i loved)

stepee was always kind and helpful to me. maybe later i will look through more of our convos. but we talked a good bit about the life is strange series and it sucks that he won’t get to play the new one and we can’t talk about it :( 

• Hugs 3

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bro. Now is not the time for shitty jokes. Jesus man have some common sense. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Nah, let fly, Stepee would have loved it! 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm with @Mr.Vic20 on this!  Cut 'em loose!

1 minute ago, Best said:

It like a bad dream. It really is. 

Damn dude. Shocking.. since he didn't share if he was having issues (we know about his accident) I'm not gonna prod. I'm totally surprised by this. He just got back from his trip. I'm glad he got to visit places he wanted to see before he went. See ya later homie.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 2

When I woke up to the news this morning, I definitely felt confused and lost. Stepee was a person where our tastes in games lined up outside the few outliers (looking at you Gotham Knights). I actually just finished Spiderman 2 that Stepee gifted. I was looking forward to talking to him about it. Now I’ll never get to do it.

No Switch 2 not having OLED bitch thread. No Plucky Squire is GOTY conversation. No “hey I finally bought the computer but shit ain’t working” talk. No more tags on cool Indie games he found. 

Not sure what to do but I decided to make two donations today. 

1. WWF - bud loved animals. From local ducks by his apartment to pandas at the zoo. If reincarnation is real, may he be a bear in his next life. 

IMG-2345.jpg

2. Kamala Harris - Stepee loved his nieces and was a great uncle. I wanted to support a candidate that will inspire his nieces and one that will fight for their rights. 

IMG-2346.jpg

Use this opportunity to reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Or reconcile with a person in your life. Or even call someone and let them know you care for them. 

We lost a good one. I’ll miss ya bud. 

• stepee 4
  • Hugs 9
  • Hype 1

7 hours ago, Brian said:

When I woke up to the news this morning, I definitely felt confused and lost. Stepee was a person where our tastes in games lined up outside the few outliers (looking at you Gotham Knights). I actually just finished Spiderman 2 that Stepee gifted. I was looking forward to talking to him about it. Now I’ll never get to do it.

I feel the same.  He really enjoyed the lighter side of games, which is something I connected with him on.  I played a few of his recommendations, including Mail Mole, and had a great time.  I'll need to pick up Pepper Grinder and Pizza Tower, those were games he couldn't stop raving about.  But yeah, I'm going to miss talking to him.

• Hugs 3

Fuck. :( Please be some weird, sick joke. 

@stepee was always so light hearted, and lovably weird with his jokes. He also helped me a lot in picking out PC parts of my last build, so I'll always owe him for that.

:cry: Rest in peace, friend. This community was better for having you been a part of it. 

You will be deeply missed :rose:

• Hugs 5

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I didn’t know stepee well enough to know what his relationship what his family was like, but I cannot comprehend what his poor father is going through. :( 

If it's anything like what my own father experienced when my half-sister passed away, it's pain beyond all measure.

• Hugs 2

Stepee gifted me Pepper Grinder for the Switch. I’m gonna play that tonight in his memory. 

I also want to create an NPC in my game in his honor. It’s the least I could do for this community.

Jesus Christ… :rose:

• Hugs 3

1 hour ago, Brian said:

No Switch 2 not having OLED bitch thread. No Plucky Squire is GOTY conversation. No “hey I finally bought the computer but shit ain’t working” talk. No more tags on cool Indie games he found. 

Not sure what to do but I decided to make two donations today. 

1. WWF - bud loved animals. From local ducks by his apartment to pandas at the zoo. If reincarnation is real, may he be a bear in his next life. 

IMG-2345.jpg

2. Kamala Harris - Stepee loved his nieces and was a great uncle. I wanted to support a candidate that will inspire his nieces and one that will fight for their rights. 

IMG-2346.jpg

Use this opportunity to reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Or reconcile with a person in your life. Or even call someone and let them know you care for them. 

We lost a good one. I’ll miss ya bud. 

Thank you. I know you both were really close. 

• Hugs 2