RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

It was literally like when he got all the settlement lawsuit money from his leg injury he included all of us. Gifts, games, even money. He ordered me a Series X and had it shipped to my house. For no reason other than he said he knew I’d love it and he wanted me to tell him about it. Fuck I’ve had a range of emotions today. Anger, shock, and unbelievable sadness that someone who absolutely loved life and now had the means to enjoy it to the fullest without the worries of working or not being able to afford it. He would tease me when I would bitch about Monday coming up and having to go back to work. Goddamn I’m going to miss that. @stepee my heart truly is broken for you my buddy. 

• stepee 3
  • Hugs 9

8 hours ago, TheLeon said:

It feels so surreal. Like, I haven’t really processed it, and I probably won’t for quite a while. It’s such an odd feeling, because after posting with y’all for what is now a considerable percentage of my life, I still don’t really know any of you, yet at the same time you’re basically my closest friends (god, this thread is really making me realize upsetting things about myself :p). 

Every loss is a stark reminder to live your love to the fullest. Seize the day, “live, laugh, love”, all of that crap: they have a point! You never know how much time you have left, so make the most of it. For example, it’s comforting to know that, for all of his struggles, at least stepee knew how good it feels to buy video games for me. 

It is certainly a weird feeling, and gives a bit of an existential crisis wondering who would mourn me if I passed away? What would people say? Who would show up to my funeral? Would the people here find out somehow, or would people just think I stopped logging in? Would they even notice if I stopped posting? 

• True 1
  • Hugs 6

I miss Stephen so much and I can’t believe he is gone. I joined this forum one day in 2011 by total fluke and we connected early on and became fast friends. I know we got up to a lot of silly nonsense together and trolling especially in the early days but behind the scenes he was a always true, real and consistent friend. There were some harder times especially when addiction came into play, but our friendship always prevailed. I knew I could always come to him for anything. I’m lucky to have had a close friend like him for so long and that we got to support each other through so many ups and downs in life. We celebrated accomplishments, and supported eachother through the hard times. I’m so glad he came out to visit me and waffles and my husband last month and we had a wonderful time at the beach. I will cherish those memories forever. I am heartbroken and devastated and still in total shock. This pain is too much. 

It is really nice to read all these messages of love about him. I’m going to share some with his mom tomorrow especially @Brian’s donations and his messages about them. That was really sweet. 

This just feels like a nightmare and I keep waiting for someone to tell me that there’s been a mistake and he’s still here. I don’t really know what my point of posting this here is, I guess it’s just nice to have people to mourn with who knew him well. 

• Hugs 22

33 minutes ago, Andrea said:

I miss Stephen so much and I can’t believe he is gone. I joined this forum one day in 2011 by total fluke and we connected early on and became fast friends. I know we got up to a lot of silly nonsense together and trolling especially in the early days but behind the scenes he was a always true, real and consistent friend. There were some harder times especially when addiction came into play, but our friendship always prevailed. I knew I could always come to him for anything. I’m lucky to have had a close friend like him for so long and that we got to support each other through so many ups and downs in life. We celebrated accomplishments, and supported eachother through the hard times. I’m so glad he came out to visit me and waffles and my husband last month and we had a wonderful time at the beach. I will cherish those memories forever. I am heartbroken and devastated and still in total shock. This pain is too much. 

It is really nice to read all these messages of love about him. I’m going to share some with his mom tomorrow especially @Brian’s donations and his messages about them. That was really sweet. 

This just feels like a nightmare and I keep waiting for someone to tell me that there’s been a mistake and he’s still here. I don’t really know what my point of posting this here is, I guess it’s just nice to have people to mourn with who knew him well. 

Thanks for letting Wade know what happened. I know you two were close; I’m so sorry you lost a friend. He was loved here and he’ll be sorely missed. I hope you’re doing as well as you can be. 

• Hugs 5

I had a weird dream and perhaps related to Wade saying he was going to reach out to Kyle Bosman but we were trying to look into Stepee's Patreon and then we discovered he was in talks with some artist to turn D1P into an anime character. So we were trying to contact the artist ourselves to tell him what happened to him.

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 2

8 hours ago, Brick said:

It is certainly a weird feeling, and gives a bit of an existential crisis wondering who would mourn me if I passed away? What would people say? Who would show up to my funeral? Would the people here find out somehow, or would people just think I stopped logging in? Would they even notice if I stopped posting? 

Appreciate you saying aloud what I secretly thought myself yesterday.

• Hugs 5

Yup - still crying :cry:

An idea that @Andrea and I had to show our community's support for his family would be to send them actual handwritten letters and notes to show them just how many different lives their son touched in so many different places.

Handwritten letters and notes represent a truly human connection that a typewritten one simply cannot capture...unless your handwriting is absolutely illegible dogshit - then you have permission to send a typewritten one :p

Because of her direct connection to the family, I'll defer to Andrea in obtaining the mailing address for us.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 7

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

An idea that @Andrea and I had to show our community's support for his family would be to send them actual handwritten letters and notes to show them just how many different lives their son touched in so many different places.

Handwritten letters and notes represent a truly human connection that a typewritten one simply cannot capture...unless your handwriting is absolutely illegible dogshit - then you have permission to send a typewritten one :p

Because of her direct connection to the family, I'll defer to Andrea in obtaining the mailing address for us.

That's a great idea. I can write but it's turned into caveman writing at this point. 

Will we ever know how he passed or is that being kept private?

• Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's a very nice idea.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

This is a shock as @stepeewas a staple of this community. Him and @Keyser_Soze always kept the conversations going even into the late night hours. Stepee always extended a hand to anyone who was in need of acceptance. He did it with me back in the day when he would tell everyone to "Treat yo self" and let everyone know that having a big dick was a major inconvenience.

Your humor and generosity will be missed. Vaya con dios @stepee:jesus:

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 3

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I’ve been a nurse so long my handwriting is legit dog shit so I will be typing one cause, just like the cbp agent recently had, what I write will be utterly confusing as if trying to read cuneiform.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Just now, legend said:

My hand writing has been awful my entire life, but I'll still write one by hand.

I’m not joking; the cbp agent looked at my sign in and went, “uhhh, what?”

Yeah that’s me man here’s my passport sorry.

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

This brings up another memory of stepee. He sent me a memory stick in an envelope and he was embarrassed about his hand writing on the envelope to address me. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the wring and it was perfectly fine and I made sure to tell him that. 

I have the envelope in my desk and I will always keep it in memory of his absolutely amazing generosity. 

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 2

11 hours ago, Brick said:

I have those intrusive thoughts quite commonly. This situation definitely doesn’t help. I’ve often wondered if I should leave instructions for family to find that somebody might pop in to say I was gone. 

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I have those intrusive thoughts quite commonly. This situation definitely doesn’t help. I’ve often wondered if I should leave instructions for family to find that somebody might pop in to say I was gone. 

I’ve definitely updated my fiancé that she either needs to text @CastlevaniaNut18 or post here if I ever pass away unexpectedly now.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Best said:

That's a great idea. I can write but it's turned into caveman writing at this point. 

Will we ever know how he passed or is that being kept private?

His family doesn’t even know yet. There are a few possibilities. Police are investigating and trying to determine the exact cause. Not knowing is a really uncomfortable limbo to be in but I hope we can find out soon. 

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 6

3 minutes ago, Andrea said:

His family doesn’t even know yet. There are a few possibilities. Police are investigating and trying to determine the exact cause. Not knowing is a really uncomfortable limbo to be in but I hope we can find out soon. 

Thank you. I feel really sad for you Andrea. I know he was like a brother to you. I'm so glad you guys had a chance to meet up and have a beautiful memory together. 

What a sweet human being he was. I woke up this morning and said to myself, "something is wrong". My brain wasn't awake yet and then it popped in my head Stephen passed away. I broke down in tears. 

I'm glad you have your husband with you to help you through this. I know even him had a relationship with Stephen. God bless you my friend. 

• Hugs 3

20 minutes ago, Best said:

This brings up another memory of stepee. He sent me a memory stick in an envelope and he was embarrassed about his hand writing on the envelope to address me. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the wring and it was perfectly fine and I made sure to tell him that. 

I have the envelope in my desk and I will always keep it in memory of his absolutely amazing generosity. 

Great memory.  I remember when he had the Xbox shipped the label said Biggie Smalls. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 2