RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I considered stepee and @Keyser_Soze two of the funniest people here. Keyser, you better fucking be extra careful. 

Stepee made me laugh out loud lot at times. Keyser is very quick witted and clever. He is a master at sarcasm. 

• Hugs 1

On 7/30/2024 at 5:53 PM, stepee said:

Seriously your posts on political topics have helped educate me and I love you for that 

On 7/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, stepee said:

btw @SaysWho? has been right about elections for like 6 years now, so yeah, I’m hype 

<3</3 

• Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Thanks to @stepee my psychologist is definitely gonna earn his $235/hour fee at my next session on Tuesday :p

Dude I'll cook for you and charge you $100/hour. Food always makes one feel better!! Seriously though just nice you get active help. 

I did wanna point out that his immediate legacy is bringing us all together! So many names I haven't even seen before, others not in awhile. Sucks that this had to be the reason, but in a way, let's all thank @stepeefor this communal support!

• Hugs 1

It feels so surreal. Like, I haven’t really processed it, and I probably won’t for quite a while. It’s such an odd feeling, because after posting with y’all for what is now a considerable percentage of my life, I still don’t really know any of you, yet at the same time you’re basically my closest friends (god, this thread is really making me realize upsetting things about myself :p). 

Every loss is a stark reminder to live your love to the fullest. Seize the day, “live, laugh, love”, all of that crap: they have a point! You never know how much time you have left, so make the most of it. For example, it’s comforting to know that, for all of his struggles, at least stepee knew how good it feels to buy video games for me. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 2

That's devastating news to wake up to. He will be sorely missed. Such a funny and generous guy. I'll be thinking of him while I'm touring London and making all the same stops he did.

It sucks when something like this happens so unexpectedly. My brother-in-law died earlier this year like that. He was 44. He died on my husband's 40th birthday. Their mom found him at home when he wasn't answering his phone all day. It's been hard on my husband and his parents. He's been taking trips down to his hometown to help his mom get things cleaned up and in order. Really tough stuff.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 5

This really sucks. :( Stepee and I were at each other's throats in the early D1P days but for years now we've been chatting pretty frequently and I really enjoyed it. He was a really great guy and I wish we lived closer so we could have been closer friends. It's gonna really suck the next time some awesome gadget releases and I can't message him about it.

• Hugs 3

The dude was so cool. He DM'ed me last month about setting up a fund thread to help with my medical bills but I explained I didn't want that. So he offered me money instead which I also declined. He genuinely cared about me. I'll miss him so much. See you on the other side brother. 

• Hugs 7

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I really appreciate that @stepee picked up doing the giveaways, etc. over the last few months as my own personal mental condition kinda blocked me from doing it.

Guess you kinda handed the baton right back to me, didn't ya, bud?  I'll start doing 'em again soon!

I do want the new Dragon Age.

On 7/31/2024 at 4:06 PM, stepee said:

damnit appreciate the grift 

he always did

• Hugs 1

This is the worst.

Way too young. , I feel so sad for his family and his close friend Andrea. 

Bro could literally talk about anything and make it seem interesting/funny. I don't even have to mention his generosity. 

Definitely going to big missed by many including myself. 

:rose:

Edit: Vote Harris for @stepee <3

• Hugs 6

I was never close to @stepee on a personal level outside the boards, but he was one of the nicest, funniest people here, and I always read his comments with interest. It's always a shock how quickly and without explanation or warning someone can leave our lives, especially with people we've been around for so long. We're now the old heads in terms of gaming internet culture, even if we don't think of ourselves that way.

Fuck, it's still not fully sunk in that I'll never again see that damn cute dog avatar on a new post. Completely unfair. Whenever anything is arranged for his family, @Commissar SFLUFAN, let me know, I will contribute. 

• Hugs 4

I keep trying to type something to express how much I appreciated @stepee’s presence and contributions to this community, as well as how much it still means to me even though I don’t know any of you on any personal level, but I’m not finding the right words. This is by far the most enjoyable online community I’m a part of, really the only one. I hope you are all doing ok. 

• stepee 3
  • Hugs 8

I don't really have words at the moment but I'm giving hugs as much as possible, feel we could all use them. 

Genuinely LOVE THIS PLACE. While I don't really "know" any of you, personally anyways, a number of you play roles here from my POV and each & every one of you plays an IMPORTANT PART! No matter what. 

I think of it like how Platoon was filmed chronologically and how with every casualty, it affected those that remained throughout the shoot, including their performances. That's the way this feels, like that booby trap scene or even shortly thereafter with Manny being found down river. Unexpected and puts us all off our rhythm. 

Here for those that want to talk. Thank you all. 🤙✌️

• Hugs 9

He gifted me a copy of Super Mario World for my son. It was a Christmas gift that brought my son a lot of joy. If there’s a gaming heaven, my dude just busted the gates wide open. I will never forget his generosity. 

R  I  Freakin P brother. 

• Hugs 3

No. Nooooooo :cry:

I was not super close with our beloved @stepee, but we've been posting together since the IGN GCNCB days - over 20 years. He's always been the charismatic crack-up and I will miss his humor and wit greatly. But I will definitely miss his lively and caring personality more. He @Bacon'd me recently, insisting that he should pick up the tab for some new PC parts, and he was so excited to see the build when it was finished. I haven't completed it yet - been scared to finish because I want to fabricate a custom part - and he won't get to see the fruits of his labor :cry:

This just isn't fair, man. The world needs to stop taking away the kindest and best of us so soon.

May your big dick rest in peace, brother.

• Hugs 9