RIP in Peace, stepee. We'll miss you.

The title says it all.

A little over an hour ago, I was informed by Andrea (kittykat) on Discord that @stepee -- our beloved friend and devoted member of this community for as long as anyone can possibly remember -- has passed away.  He was found in his bed by his father several hours ago and that's all the information that she had to share at this time.

Needless to say, I'm completely shocked and utterly devastated/heartbroken.  It's taking just about every iota of strength I have to make this post, but I owe it to all of you and especially to him to do so. @stepee always will be our friend and he deserves to be remembered for all the joy. laughter, and generosity that he provided for all these many years, even if it came with the occasional irritation :p 

There is absolutely nothing I or anyone else could possibly say or do that will assuage any grief that you may be feeling right now.  It's natural and  it's healthy to feel that way.  We're a small community and as the march of time progresses, life will take its inevitable course so it's important that we cherish whatever time we have as much as we can with each other, our families, and our hobbies (like the reason this board was created in the first place!)

I've asked Andrea to let his parents know when the time is appropriate that the community will do something to honor his memory.  Please keep his parents in your thoughts and prayers as I know far too well the effects upon parents of losing a child and it's something my mind cannot even comprehend.

That's all I have to share for now.  Take care of yourselves.  Take care of each other.  And @stepee - this community is a far better place for you being part of it and for that, I will be eternally grateful :hug:

Give Inuk a scratch behind the ears for me, bud!

• Sad 18
  • Shocked 3
  • Hugs 32

I am so sad to hear this. Here he was seeing the world, and now he’s not with us. He was also really generous with the community. I’m really going to miss his presence here.

Now I’m even happier that @Kal-El814  put him into the Ace Attorney video with the three of us.

• Hugs 3

Oh man, that just sucks.

I started going to the IGN boards back in probably 2000/2001 (dedicated lurker most of time). Back then, you just think life is so much more in front of you... You think old is 60 and that's forever from now. I turned 40 this week, and I've lost friends that were the same age as me through Covid, or even in my 20s to heart attacks of all things. Life can unfortunately be so damn short for some of us. You just never know. Try to appreciate every day, hopefully we all got 50+ years, but man, it just always sucks.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 6

Wow. I tend to stick to general discussions and don't get into the community aspects of things. I've never been as active as some, but I've been around since the IGN days and people have come and go as life goes on and I'm sure there are people that have voluntarily left because they're not interested anymore, or have other life commitments that take priority. But hearing someone has passed away certainly hits differently. It's a harrowing reminder that when I started posting on IGN I had access because I wrote a $25 check for an Insider subscription because I was too young for a debit card, and now I'm a year away from 40. I hope as many of y'all are still here when I'm approaching 60 as well.

• Hugs 2

I don't know what to say. My heart litteraly just broke in half. 

He was such a good friend to everyone here and was so generous.

The last thing he gifted me was my OLED deck and I will hold on to that for the rest of my life. 

God please take care of him, his parents, and family. 

I'm basically sick to my stomach. Jesus Christ. 

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 6

This is terrible news. I never know what to say when someone our age passes away suddenly. 

It just shouldn't happen. We should all die old and satisfied with life. Not young and full of potential.

• Hugs 2

To this day when somebody I know is taking a trip or even just driving more than a couple hours in one direction, I tell them to drive safe. The reason being is in 2016, I lost a close friend suddenly after she straight up died falling off a waterfall. We have a scholarship in her name now, but I remember how sudden it was and how I was heartened to see notes/texts we sent each other where we shared how highly we thought of the other person. And it really changed things where I like to tell people what I think of them. It may seem like much, but when you lose someone and you're happy that you told them what you thought of them when they were alive, you want to make sure everyone knows they're appreciated. Another friend of 20 years died suddenly over the summer, in the sense that she had stomach cramps and was throwing up one night and her mother found her dead the next morning. She was in her late 30s.

It doesn't make sense that someone young can just be found dead, especially by their parent(s), but it happens. And so I would encourage people to regularly let people know if you appreciate them. "Drive safe. I want to see you back next week," is not just another way of saying goodbye; I mean it, and it's OK to tell people that. 

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 5

I don't even know what to really say, this is pretty devastating - he went through so much and seemed to really enjoy making lemonade out of it now that he had the means to just explore and travel. Fuck I'm going to miss him. 

• Hugs 3

Damn he was always so generous and giving. He gifted me games just because and I always had a good rapport with him.

I @'d him yesterday to tell him about the psvr2 adapter being in stock and I thought it was odd that he didn't say anything back, now I know why :cry:.

r.i.p. in peace

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

17 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Nah, let fly, Stepee would have loved it! 

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm with @Mr.Vic20 on this!  Cut 'em loose!

Before the board wipe of 2018, there was an early thread where we had to make rage comics of other users. This was around the time gigers alien was posting here and he changed his name to gigers predator. So I put H gigantic troll face in one comic frame, and the caption says I look like a gigers, I talk like a gigers, I move like a gigers, but I’m actually Stepee. He found it quite amusing!

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1

I was trying to hold it together reasonably well for a while there, but that's definitely over with now :cry:

I'd better take a couple of packs of tissues with me today as I go about my errands because I know I'm gonna start bawling in the middle of the store just as I did after Inuk crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

• Hugs 11