Dying Light: The Beast (standalone adventure) announced for PC/XBox Series/PS5

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just logged on to continue my Dying Light 2 playthrough and there's a massive 33.5gb update today. Any idea what this is? 

It's an update about community-requested changes, not The Beast.

The list of fixes in the patch notes is very large. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn that's a huge patch.

Guess what my dumb ass just did?

I bought Dying Light 2 on my deck lol. I didn't enjoy it too much at its launch on my XSX. But I enjoy games MUCH BETTER laying in my bed on my deck. 

I'm going to play shortly and it's all thanks to YOU! :p I maybe got half way through in my initial playthrough. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Best said:

Guess what my dumb ass just did?

I bought Dying Light 2 on my deck lol. I didn't enjoy it too much at its launch on my XSX. But I enjoy games MUCH BETTER laying in my bed on my deck. 

I'm going to play shortly and it's all thanks to YOU! :p I maybe got half way through in my initial playthrough. 

I didn't get as far on my first playthrough so when I started this one I just started over. Can't remember why I fell off of it, I really liked the first game.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn't get as far on my first playthrough so when I started this one I just started over. Can't remember why I fell off of it, I really liked the first game.

Well according to a lot of folks part 1 is the superior game. I'm going to give it another shot tonight. 

Yeah, Dying Light 2 wasn't nearly as good as Dying Light 1. The side quests were far less interesting (some felt AI-written and some felt very tonally off) and the gameplay mechanics are pretty significantly different - I played both games back to back with my brothers and we enjoyed the first game's combat, gameplay and setting much more than the second. That being said, it wasn't a terrible or even bad game, it just wasn't that great. Not sure Techland is the company it once was, but I'm interested in this cautiously.

• Halal 1

I tried to play Dying Light 2 right after playing the first Dying Light and its exapnsion and it felt... off. Now with some distance and having just finished playing Dead Island 2 and its dlc it feels fine. Not sure if they updated it since launch to feel more like the first game or what but I'm digging it now. Playing on hard and I'm getting my ass kicked a bit though. Think this is gonna be my main game for the next couple of weeks.

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

I dropped DL2 because of a bug that prevented me from moving forward.  No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the game to trigger the event to move the main quest along. Experience like that removes any desire to play a game in the series. 

@skillzdadirecta WTF is going on with me?

I'm at a section where I'm required to use a uv shroom and I select my inventory and hold A to use it but nothing happens?

I reloaded the game etc and it's not working. Am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind. You use the shrooms outside of the menu which confused me. All is well now. I'm really enjoying this my second time through.