Eurogamer: forget about seeing the 2witch before April 2025

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Nintendo Switch 2 won't launch before April 2025, per a report online that Eurogamer understands to be correct. The nex…

Nintendo Switch 2 won't launch before April 2025, per a report online that Eurogamer understands to be correct.

The next console from Nintendo is still officially unannounced, though developers have been prepping games to be ready for its launch for some time.

Nintendo initially wanted to launch Switch 2 in late 2024, but has since shifted its internal plans - firstly without ruling out a Q1 2025 date.

Now, however, developers have been told not to expect Switch 2 this current financial year, which ends on 31st March 2025.

Speaking via the GI Microcast, boss of Eurogamer sister site GamesIndustry.biz Chris Dring said that "no developer I've spoken to expects it to launch in this financial year, in fact they've been told not to expect it in this financial year".

Eurogamer can also corroborate this, with April 2025 the very earliest the console could now arrive.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Speculation on hardware is frequently wrong.  I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that Nintendo would have an OLED sku in 2025.

I'm almost 98% sure there will not be an OLED sku in 2025. But I like your optimism 😉 

4 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm almost 98% sure there will not be an OLED sku in 2025. But I like your optimism 😉 

:shrug:

Given that their OLED sku is their best selling model ATM, I would assume they've realized that they have a customer base that is willing to pay a premium for a better screen.

Even if it's not available on Day 1.

49 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

:shrug:

Given that their OLED sku is their best selling model ATM, I would assume they've realized that they have a customer base that is willing to pay a premium for a better screen.

Even if it's not available on Day 1.

I understand this. It's typical Nintendo shit. They'll sell out on the LCD sku and release an OLED model 2-3 years later and sellout on that. They can do whatever the hell they want but they will absolutely not sell the OLED model in its first year. 

21 minutes ago, Best said:

I understand this. It's typical Nintendo shit. They'll sell out on the LCD sku and release an OLED model 2-3 years later and sellout on that. They can do whatever the hell they want but they will absolutely not sell the OLED model in its first year. 

Exactly why sell you one Switch when they can sell you two. It's like with GTA6. They want your fomo console purchase, the PC edition, and then the PS6 and PS7 remasters 

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Exactly why sell you one Switch when they can sell you two. It's like with GTA6. They want your fomo console purchase, the PC edition, and then the PS6 and PS7 remasters 

The OLED was  the price drop for the LCD version. The LCD stayed the same but the OLED was priced more.

:roll-safe:

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The OLED was  the price drop for the LCD version. The LCD stayed the same but the OLED was priced more.

:roll-safe:

Yeah but I bet a good chunk of the people who bought an oled bought an LCD one instead of being first time buyers. So they can sell you the launch Super Switch for $400 and then sell you the Oled 2 years later for another $400 or whatever

• True 1

18 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Yeah but I bet a good chunk of the people who bought an oled bought an LCD one instead of being first time buyers. So they can sell you the launch Super Switch for $400 and then sell you the Oled 2 years later for another $400 or whatever

EXACTLY 💯 

1 hour ago, Best said:

EXACTLY 💯 

Yeah, but that's what I was saying except I was talking about current gen. The LCD was first, they kept the LCD the same price instead of dropping the price and brought the OLED out and charged more for it and people double dipped.

(Basically saying there is normally a price drop but these past few console generations they've managed to keep the price the same and instead sell a higher priced one)

• True 1