Telltale executives insisted that "people don't associate humor" with Guardians of the Galaxy

Commissar SFLUFAN

A post-mortem of Telltale Games

"Our executive team insisted that what was popular about Guardians of the Galaxy, was darkness and violence, and sadness," said Buck. "And that people did not associate humour with that brand... So we redid the first two episodes to be less funny and more dark and more violent and more sad, and that's the game that shipped. And one of the biggest comments in editorial, was that it felt very off-tone for Guardians of the Galaxy and wasn't very funny. And we were like 'we know'."

9 hours ago, Bjomesphat said:

To be fair, did anyone associate humor with GotG2?

“Omg but James Gunn is the greatest living director, a true legend of comedy, and irreplaceable icon whose removal will surely herald the impending doom of

not only Marvel but the entire Disney corporation!!!!!”

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

lol, you guys know I'm right.

GotG was fresh and fun. GotG2 felt like a try hard imitation trying to capture the same spirit of the original.

2 is definitely the inferior movie, but Drax alone is worth the price of admission and is funnier than anything in the first film. 

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

2 is definitely the inferior movie, but Drax alone is worth the price of admission and is funnier than anything in the first film. 

I wasn't going to say this, but I guess I will now, I cringed at pretty much every line from Drax. He wasn't even a character anymore, just background fodder with one-liners that fall flat. We get it, he takes things literally.

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

They're agreeing with you.

Just making sure to assert my dominance in opinions.