Starbucks replaces its CEO with the CEO of Chipotle effective immediately

I was a Starbucks junkie then slowly transitioned to Dunkin. Then I stopped buying coffee all together and started making my own at home. 

Starbucks is ridiculous with their prices. 

• stepee 2

Starbucks used to be an almost daily treat for me, getting a coffee together with my wife when we worked in the same town, but now it’s just not worth the price anymore.  Their specialty drinks are good, but I stopped drinking them because they were pure sugar.  Also, they stopped making eggnog lattes and are therefor dead to me.

Just now, Best said:

I was a Starbucks junkie then slowly transitioned to Dunkin. Then I stopped buying coffee all together and started making my own at home. 

Starbucks is ridiculous with their prices. 

I don’t even think Starbucks is that ridiculous, they’re not that much more than Dunkin.  I just checked and the difference between medium iced lattes at my local Dunkin and my local Starbucks is less than a dollar.  It’s still more expensive, but everyone else has creeped up too.

2 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I don’t even think Starbucks is that ridiculous, they’re not that much more than Dunkin.  I just checked and the difference between medium iced lattes at my local Dunkin and my local Starbucks is less than a dollar.  It’s still more expensive, but everyone else has creeped up too.

Yea my coffee knowledge is a bit dated. 

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

In my undergrad days we had a Chipotle right near campus. It could be nostalgia but I swear to god it not only tasted amazing but even my early 20s self had difficulty finishing a full burrito. 

Now, I still like Chipotle, but I would say 50 percent of the time or more the portions are all fucked up and generally it just doesn't taste near as good as it used to. People complain about lower portions, but for me it's more about the ratios of shit they get wrong. Their employees give absolutely zero fucks about what they're doing. There's no thought that someone is going to eat what they're putting together, they just shovel random portions of each ingredient on there and move on to the next thing. 

At the one close to my place I have had to stop ordering ahead, cause I'll go in there and I swear to god unless you're starting at the beginning of the line where they have no choice but to ask you what you'd like, they don't even make eye contact with you at the register or acknowledge you're there. Usually you have to catch one of them and actively annoy them with an "excuse me" before they'll give you your order. I felt like I was losing my mind so I just never order ahead. Come to think of it I guess I just rarely go anymore period, they've soured me in general. 

It's quite something. I feel like they really had something going and seems like they went out of their way to piss people off. 

This has been my exact experience as well. When Chipotle first started getting big in the Northeast my wife and I would go all the time - the portion sizes were great and the bowls were filling enough for more than one meal, as others have mentioned, we were big Chipotle fans. My wife and I kept going to the same location and over the years it devolved into exactly what you're talking about - terrible portion servings at random sizes, employees barely paying attention to you, etc. And this was at the same location over the years! It's a real shame. I still like Chipotle but given the rising costs of the bowl (my preference), the portion sizes and the terrible service I don't go much anymore. I don't drink coffee at all so while my wife loves Starbucks so I know it decently well I rarely partake myself. I will say I like some of the Starbucks food they offer, I do get those from time to time.

That being said, I always found the quality of the ingredients to be superior to Q'doba.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I realize there is a difference but it's not really a distinction that needs to be made in a thread about Chipotle. Most Mexican places are "tex-mex" which Chipotle is going for.

If you want actual Mexican food you need to know a Mexican Grandma. Like a place I worked at had a nice lady who said I looked like her son and she'd bring food in for me, and made cactus and all this stuff.

Fixed your text for you...

• Hugs 1

22 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

For coffee there's a few local places I like in Dallas. Houndstooth, La Reunion, and Wayward. I just get a dry cappuccino. Otherwise I do my own drip coffee and grind my beans from Tweed Coffee.

Anything up in north Dallas or Richardson you’d recommend? 

43 minutes ago, Comet said:

Anything up in north Dallas or Richardson you’d recommend? 

LA Casita Bakeshop for pastries but not coffee. I only go up there for Microcenter and middle Eastern snacks.

MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

Peace Middle East Cafe

MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

Arwa

MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

I actually interviewed at a place up there but I turned them down bc it was onsite. Childhood dream company but I ain't moving closer.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

I go to Chipotle probably weekly. I have never been to a Starbucks. Coffee people are weirder to me than craft beer people. 

Coffee people make me laugh. They walk around all weird holding their cup out in front of them. Looks like they are letting their cup lead the way.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Coffee people make me laugh. They walk around all weird holding their cup out in front of them. Looks like they are letting their cup lead the way.

My mouth is in front and my elbows don’t bend backwards, how am I supposed to carry a beverage where I’m in the lead?

4 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

My mouth is in front and my elbows don’t bend backwards, how am I supposed to carry a beverage where I’m in the lead?

Coffee arm straight out to the side, stop, bring arm in, drink, extend to side.

Starbucks is fine, but I rarely go there anymore thanks to a new chain that opened up right across the street from them. I'll still grab a Starbucks at the airport or when I go into Barnes & Noble, though. I just don't drink a lot of those sugary coffees. Maybe once or twice a month and I had to tell them half sweet. I just buy Death Wish Buried in Blue and drink that black every day before work.

Chipotle isn't bad, but I don't eat there often, either. Couple times a year when people from work order and I think it sounds good, so I get a burrito bowl.

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Starbucks is struggling with an overly complex menu.

If the degree of difficulty in a typical Starbucks order now seems to be Olympian, so are its troubles. The Seattle-based company has become the Boeing of coffee bars. So much so that, like the airframe maker, Starbucks has jettisoned its chief executive, Laxman Narasimhan, and replaced him with Brian Niccol, who until recently was the C.E.O. of the Chipotle Tex-Mexish food chain. Although Mr. Niccol’s appointment drove up Starbucks’s stock price, the two companies sometimes have the same problem: too many choices and not enough staff, which at peak times is almost certain to deliver disappointment as much as it does burritos or lattes.

Starbucks seems culturally conflicted between being the equivalent of a charging station for humans and the rest and refuge area that Mr. Schultz envisioned. Trying to do both is complex in and of itself — what kind of ad messaging do you send out, for instance? What food items do you add or delete for the grab-and-go crowd? And from afar, it can be difficult to tell which version you’re heading toward. The Starbucks near my office in Lower Manhattan has opted for the human charging station model: There are no seats in the store; just pick up your drink and go. But there are mornings when I bypass it because the line for both app-ordered and in-person orders is too long.

• Sicko Sherman 1