Backlaugust 2024

Brick

Yet again I'm late getting to this, but from August 1st to August 31st it's time to tackle our backlogs!

We do this every year over at Negative World, and we've made this an annual thing here too! Last year was fun, and people seemed to enjoy the encouragement to clear out more games from our collective backlogs during the month of August, hence Backlaugust!

The rules are simple:

- tell us what you're playing, and on what system so we can cheer each other on, and help each other out if we have any tips

- play a game from your backlog, either a game that's been sitting in your library for a long time that you've decided to finally play and finish, or a game you started long ago, but for whatever reason stopped playing and have been meaning to get back to and finish

- don't use a game that is new, or a game that you're already currently playing, pick a game from your actual backlog

- pick a game that you already own (no buying games you've been meaning to get for a while)

- when a game is actually "finished" is up to you. Whether that is completing the main story, getting 100% completion rating, getting all Achievements/Trophies, or just whenever you feel "done" with a game is up to you

- post when you're finished, and all the games that have been finished will be added to this OP

All right, let's get started, and have some fun getting some of our backlogs done! Let's see how many games we can complete!

Last year we completed 12 games, let's see if we can beat that!

THE FINISHED PILE

1. Minishoot' Adventures - dualhunter

2. Momodora: Moonlight Farewell - dualhunter

3. Spider-Man 2 - Brian

4. Red Dead Redemption 2 - Best

5. Uncharted 4 - Best 

6. Kaze and the Wild Masks - dualhunter 

7. Spider-Man: Miles Morales - TheLeon

My gaming hours will be quite limited this month.  But I'll see if I can finish Thimbleweed Park and Paper Mario: Origami King after putting them away for a few weeks.  They were backlogged for a couple years before that, so I'd like to think they still count.

Either that or I'll go back to a halfway beaten Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS so I could start 3 in October.  Maybe.

I just finished Banishers and started focusing on DLC'S for games I have so I've been playing Dead Island 2's DLC. I think I'm gonna focus on one of the other big games in my backlog, either Dragon's Dogma 2 or Armored Core VI. Quite a few games coming out this fall starting at the end of this month, so I want to clear out a game or two from the backlog.

Spiderman 2. I have started this game a few times but always drop it pretty early. I restarted again last week and hope to see it through completion. I am back to where I typically fall off, the prisoner transport. 

48 minutes ago, Brian said:

Spiderman 2. I have started this game a few times but always drop it pretty early. I restarted again last week and hope to see it through completion. I am back to where I typically fall off, the prisoner transport. 

Stick with it because it gets epic af. 

• Hype 1

• 2 weeks later...