I just ate what I consider to be the best Fast Food Chicken Sandwich.

Bacon

I ate the Golden BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Bacon and Cheese from Popeyes. I fuckin' love this sandwich. The Bacon and Cheese, well you can skip that and just get the normal Golden BBQ Chicken Sandwich. What makes it so good is the sweet honey mustardy sauce combined with the pickles. It is just such a fantastic flavor combo to put on the Popeyes chicken. A Sweet, tangy, and creamy sauce, combined with crunchy sour pickles and a salty, crispy, meaty, fried chicken breast patty. I haven't liked a chicken sandwich this much since Wendy's came out with the Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich. While the taste is different they are pretty similar I feel.

OK ad over lol. I'd give it like a 9.9/10. Could have used just a bit more sauce for a perfect score.

• Shocked 1

• Bacon changed the title to I just ate what I consider to be the best Fast Food Chicken Sandwich.
1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I ate the Golden BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Bacon and Cheese from Popeyes. I fuckin' love this sandwich. The Bacon and Cheese, well you can skip that and just get the normal Golden BBQ Chicken Sandwich. What makes it so good is the sweet honey mustardy sauce combined with the pickles. It is just such a fantastic flavor combo to put on the Popeyes chicken. A Sweet, tangy, and creamy sauce, combined with crunchy sour pickles and a salty, crispy, meaty, fried chicken breast patty. I haven't liked a chicken sandwich this much since Wendy's came out with the Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich. While the taste is different they are pretty similar I feel.

OK ad over lol. I'd give it like a 9.9/10. Could have used just a bit more sauce for a perfect score.

What a beautiful description. I might need to try this. Now I'm fuckin starving. 😫 

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, Best said:

What a beautiful description. I might need to try this. Now I'm fuckin starving. 😫 

do it as long as you like a sweet mustardy sauce and pickles

I'm not a huge mustard fan, but Golden BBQ? I love Golden BBQ. Golden BBQ wings are also fantastic if there is a wing joint that sells them.

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

do it as long as you like a sweet mustardy sauce and pickles

I'm not a huge mustard fan, but Golden BBQ? I love Golden BBQ. Golden BBQ wings are also fantastic if there is a wing joint that sells them.

I'm a big fan of anything mustard and I also love pickles on my sandwich. The closest Popeyes for me is 26 minutes away. :|

I could order delivery...

1 minute ago, Best said:

I could order delivery...

The crispiness will suffer as it steams in the foil Sandwich pouch for that long but the taste will still be good 100%.

• Sad 1
  • True 1

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I had a Jersey Mike's philly cheesesteak 

That is on my bucket list for sure. Just having the Italian the other day with everything on it was so good. No sub shop competes.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I look forward to seeing how many of these sandwiches you eat over the course of the next month. If the O/U line was 5.5, I'm taking the over.

Well, I'll be eating another one by Wednesday at the latest. I can get one for free with points.

Also, supposedly, this is a limited-time item and I'm late to it so who knows how long I have to enjoy it. The Hot Honey CS was gone way too soon and it has yet to come back.

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

I had a Jersey Mike's philly cheesesteak 

I had Jersey Mikes for the first time this month.

They need to move that trash food out of NJ ASAP. 

I really do feel for anyone who thinks they make any good hoagies or cheese steaks.  It just means you've never actually had a good sandwich before to compare this trash to. 

• Guillotine 2

24 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

I had Jersey Mikes for the first time this month.

They need to move that trash food out of NJ ASAP. 

I really do feel for anyone who thinks they make any good hoagies or cheese steaks.  It just means you've never actually had a good sandwich before to compare this trash to. 

sorry your Jersey Mike's has actual incompetent New Jersey residents making the cheesesteaks. Down here they are great.

• True 1

Jersey Mike’s is a very good fast food sub, but like all fast food it’s not going to stack up against the real deal.  Before it closed down post covid, there was a local polish deli by me that made all their meats in house and they put an ungodly amount on each sandwich.  They made a turkey, cranberry, and brie sandwich and I swear there was half a wheel of brie on each one.  They also made their own sauerkraut and kielbasa and they would make incredible sandwiches with them.  That blew Jersey Mikes out of the water, but it’s also not fast food.  The dude behind the counter would take 15 minutes to make a single sandwich and would wander off to do other orders half the time too.  It also cost a fair bit more.

So if you’re talking in the hierarchy of fast food subs; Subway, Jersey Mikes, Jimmy John’s, etc. I’d take Jersey Mike’s 10 times out of 10.  

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Had a couple of fish tacos myself last night. No pics though because I didn't know we were taking pictures of tacos. :p

Bro, you always take pics of tacos. Always 

California Sandwiches Chicken Deluxe with sautéed onions is the best. They take that chicken and pound it flat as can be, breaded and fried. They stack like 3-5 pieces of that chicken with mayo, lettuce, tomato and extra for them onions. They are amazing and I think the chain is only in the greater Toronto area really. 

• Hype 1