CVS, Target and other chains have barricaded everything from toiletries to cleaning supplies. It’s backfired in almost every way.

On 8/2/2024 at 12:56 PM, Best said:

Makes sense. I live in Lancaster county in Pennsylvania. Home of the Amish and it's an extremely safe and beautiful area to live. 

Also, cvs is complete trash these days. Before switching to Riteaid I'd constantly have to wait in huge lines to pick up my medications. So I said to myself, let me try Riteaid right up the street. Well it was a great move because every time I go in there is NEVER a line at the pharmacy and the people that work there are incredibly kind and helpful. 

What's funny is every Rite Aid here in the metro area closed. Wal-Greens and CVS are king here.

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

What's funny is every Rite Aid here in the metro area closed. Wal-Greens and CVS are king here.

I don't understand why my Rite Aid is so much better than my CVS. 

But even my CVS in Harrisburg was awful. Wal-Greens is big here as well. Maybe Rite Aid will close down soon like yours in Georgia did. 

44 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

This is the wawa in center city now. Why? Because lawlessness is allowed in this shitty city.  EVERYTHING is behind glass. This is our future. 

new-wawa-copy*900xx1503-848-271-0.jpg

I was in this exact Wawa not two months ago; there was zero lawlessness and it was quite nice. It sounds like you are just scared of cities. 

I feel a reminder of this should go here:

WWW.LATIMES.COM

Politicians and the press bought into the panic over organized shoplifting, but the source of the alarming statistic now admits that it was a lie.

I feel like a reminder of this belongs here as well.

Honestly it’s just vibes but I always figured one of the main reasons for locking stuff up was just cost savings on security staff/monitoring.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

16 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Rite Aid pulled out of Michigan. Rest in piss 

When? Walgreens bought them and then starting shutting down tons of locations. 

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I was in this exact Wawa not two months ago; there was zero lawlessness and it was quite nice. It sounds like you are just scared of cities. 

I grew up in this city. One of the worst areas, southwest 65th and Woodland. 

You're on drugs if you think I'm scared of cities let alone my city. 

Its a shithole now though, 50 years of Democrats and Kenney/Krasner the past 8 years.  

Hoping mayor Parker is the real deal. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

When? Walgreens bought them and then starting shutting down tons of locations. 

All of the stores in Michigan will be closed by mid August. Most already are. As part of Rite Aid’s bankruptcy settlement they sold all of their Michigan and Ohio stores’ prescriptions and inventory to Walgreens. My understanding is that Rite Aid is officially “solvent” again, but my guess is that it won’t be for long. The Feds going after them for their supposed role in the opioid epidemic was the nail in the coffin built of ballooning debt. I worked for them for about 2 years and got out just in time. My store was great, actually, but corporate was a revolving door of floundering idiots making millions. 

18 hours ago, Chris- said:

I’m sure the few minutes you were in there was an excellent representation of how safe the location really is. 

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Again we get to hear how bad “liburl cities” are by people who are nowhere near them.

It's cool, you track down the one place the city shoved all of the homeless to, run about 10 seconds of video and post it saying "what are they doing to our cities?"  People who live in towns of 5,000, whose cops drive anyone dressed shabby out of town, get to whine about liberals ruining a place they've never been to.

I was in Wawa in a sketchy area over the weekend and it was very odd.  The only thing that was controlled was the fountain soda.  There were no cups by the freestyle machine, you had to buy the cup at the register then fill your soda.  They even had a security guard by the machine to explain this, as if the sign on the machine wasn’t doing the job.  How much fucking soda has to be stolen to make hitting a dude and paying him hourly worth it?

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m sure the few minutes you were in there was an excellent representation of how safe the location really is. 

I stayed two blocks away for four days and saw nothing suspect, even at 1-2 in the morning. 

44 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I stayed two blocks away for four days and saw nothing suspect, even at 1-2 in the morning. 

If you were in there between 1-2 in the morning I’d say that’s pretty sus lol

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, stepee said:

Honestly it’s just vibes but I always figured one of the main reasons for locking stuff up was just cost savings on security staff/monitoring.

Weird. We didn't have to live this way 10 years ago..... 

On 8/5/2024 at 11:20 AM, Chris- said:

Why would you see anything if there is nothing to take or loot  :lol:

That area is pretty decent though fr fr. Gentrification at its finest.  Hope you had a nice visit here. 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

Weird. We didn't have to live this way 10 years ago..... 

yeah sounds like corporations always want more money and it’s never enough, who knows what is next :(

That and well, retails continued downward decline against online shopping, but I think it’s mostly the need to keep growing profit at the expense of all else.

Can you imagine if left wing politicians started discussing small town living using the same kind of wild hyperbolic language and inflammatory rhetoric the right uses to describe large cities?

8 minutes ago, ort said:

Can you imagine if left wing politicians started discussing small town living using the same kind of language and rhetoric the right uses to describe city life?

No because it’s antithetical to the entire left or left adjacent project

I get so tired of the "left wing cities are hell" shit.  They have more people and are closer together, so things happen.  Happens less in the rural areas and small towns because if you pull the great CVS heist you're either driving 20 minutes to where you live or are walking an hour alongside a road with no sidewalks and are easy to spot.

It still happens though and doesn't fall along political lines.  Middletown, old Jimmy Dean Vance's hometown lost its Target back in like 2012 or something, they cited low margins from theft as a reason for not sticking around.  It's in Warren County, a county that will never not be 70% Republican.  I left my beater piece of shit car unlocked there once and had a $10 tire pump and all my spare change stolen.  I've never once encountered anything more than surly panhandlers in Cincinnati.  That's not to say nothing happens, when a lot of people live in an area some of them are going to to be scumbags

I've spent plenty of time in both small towns and big cities and the idea that small town folk have some sort of moral high ground is absolutely laughable.

People are people.

1 hour ago, ort said:

Can you imagine if left wing politicians started discussing small town living using the same kind of wild hyperbolic language and inflammatory rhetoric the right uses to describe large cities?

Small town USA is trash;  I’d live in fucking Night City before I’d live in small town flyoverville