Bacon wins contest!

stepee

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I forgot to mention this, but part of me thought the PayPal notification was going to be like a dollar as a joke after the post I made in the OpenCritic thread.

So, @stepee, what do you think I should do? @Spork3245 mentioned that the next-gen CPUs might come out/get announced in Oct/Nov. I had planned to just wait until then. Were you expecting me to buy all the parts except for the GPU asap? Like, I know it's up to me. I know you didn't give it to me just to dictate how I spend it, but I would like to know what you were expecting me to do. Cuz I'd gladly buy everything but the GPU today if that was what you were expecting. I'm just currently doing the smart thing by waiting even tho my monkey brain wants me to BUY BUY BUY!

I kinda thing you should wait? Just to get better shit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I kinda think you should wait? Just to get better shit.

I mean it is the smart thing to do which is why I.m doing it. But I could get if you were like "heeheheheheheheheh bacon will now have a really good PC by the end of the week :devil:"

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

At least wait for the the next x3d

huh? x3d?

My entire idea was to get you a build next year 

Ah, ok. Then I'll hold on for sure. With you giving me the money now, I had just assumed you wanted me to start building a PC now.

Just now, stepee said:

And honestly if you want pc advice then @cusideabelincoln

I had planned to tag him when the time comes to finalize my build. I'm pretty sure he gave me advice on my current PC.

I mean it is the smart thing to do which is why I.m doing it. But I could get if you were like "heeheheheheheheheh bacon will now have a really good PC by the end of the week :devil:"

huh? x3d?

Ah, ok. Then I'll hold on for sure. With you giving me the money now, I had just assumed you wanted me to start building a PC now.

I had planned to tag him when the time comes to finalize my build. I'm pretty sure he gave me advice on my current PC.

I bought him a pc also so he can advise 

• Thanks 1

And sorry x3d is the amd branding of gaming cpus

Ok. Yeah, I want to get intel for FFXIV. I'm not opposed to AMD, but since FFXIV is my main game, makes sense to get what's best for it.

Just now, Bacon said:

Ok. Yeah, I want to get intel for FFXIV. I'm not opposed to AMD, but since FFXIV is my main game, makes sense to get what's best for it.

I think for cpu amd is best atm, lord knows intel has been awful

• Thanks 1

I think for cpu amd is best atm, lord knows intel has been awful

It is better for everything else. But according to gamer's nexus intel just works better for FFXIV.

Actually after googling, I guess that AMD isn't bad. People say the "huge 3D-cache" is great for FFXIV, whatever that means, but intel is a bit better. That said, hardly anyone seems to be recommending Intel because why get a CPU that really only benefits one game.

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

You’ve seen the reports right?

And yes, I saw. Even if I were to get intel, I wouldn't until I was sure there were no longer issues. I was originally going to go AMD when you sent the first 1k because I knew there were intel issues. It was only later that I learned that FFXIV was better on intel. And again, it is stupid to get a CPU for one game, especially when you still get over 200fps with AMD.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It is better for everything else. But according to gamer's nexus intel just works better for FFXIV.

Actually after googling, I guess that AMD isn't bad. People say the "huge 3D-cache" is great for FFXIV, whatever that means, but intel is a bit better. That said, hardly anyone seems to be recommending Intel because why get a CPU that really only benefits one game.

And yes, I saw. Even if I were to get intel, I wouldn't until I was sure there were no longer issues. I was originally going to go AMD when you sent the first 1k because I knew there were intel issues. It was only later that I learned that FFXIV was better on intel. And again, it is stupid to get a CPU for one game, especially when you still get over 200fps with AMD.

hate to say it but yeah amd

• stepee 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

And also x3D 

So, if I were to go make a PC today, what I would be looking at as the best CPU would be the "AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D"? That would about the best that I could get?

• stepee 1

Just now, Bacon said:

So, if I were to go make a PC today, what I would be looking at as the best CPU would be the "AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D"? That would about the best that I could get?

You would get a 7800x3D

• stepee 1

You would get a 7800x3D

why tha-

Just now, stepee said:

It’s cheaper and better 

Oh, ok. I just assumed the more expensive one was the best one lolololol

I'd wait and see how the 9950X will do against the 7800X3D. Rumor is it will only be $600, which is a pretty good price for 16 fast cores.

I'd guess it'll overall be slightly slower than the 7800X3D, but might win a few times. Memory performance is said to be improved with the 9000 series, so if FFIX is memory-latency bottlenecked (which suggests why Intel does better) then maybe it could be faster than the X3D.

But I doubt you can go wrong with either choice.

• stepee 1

well damn, not bad