Bacon wins contest!

stepee

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

I mean, you really shouldn’t be talking with that non-RGB exhaust fan sitting there and mismatched RGB fans

:shrug:

bruh, I wasn't even talkin' shit wtf

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

no

I have a full tower and standard PSU cable length wasn’t an issue. If you don’t want to re-route because it won’t reach you have two options: a cable extender for the gpu cable, or, a higher tower style gpu support.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Doesn’t based mean “basic and you don’t care”? I’m not up on the lingo of the kids these days, but it sounded like an insult.

no

based is like the opposite of cringe

often times it is a response to something like a controversial statement that you agree with or just respect

like one person might say something like

"i hate furries and druids and they should die"

and then someone who is based and like-minded might reply to that post with "BASED" or "HOLY BASED" or "dangerously based"

someone who is cringe and lame would respond with "CRINGE"

Just now, Bacon said:

no

based is like the opposite of cringe

often times it is a response to something like a controversial statement that you agree with or just respect

like one person might say something like

"i hate furries and druids and they should die"

and then someone who is based and like-minded might reply to that post with "BASED" or "HOLY BASED" or "dangerously based"

someone who is cringe and lame would respond with "CRINGE"

I apologize then, especially because I like your halo-light style fans and sometimes wish I wasn’t stuck on the iCue environment and could switch :p 

Based always came off like an insult to me, so I am sincerely sorry - that’s why I was confused and asking “what?”.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Doesn’t based mean “basic and you don’t care”? I’m not up on the lingo of the kids these days, but it sounded like an insult.

it was coined by LIl B (as example in the video I posted) to mean being yourself and positive. A negative word from his childhood he turned around to turn positive.

Based God | Origin and History | Dictionary.com

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I have a full tower and standard PSU cable length wasn’t an issue. If you don’t want to re-route because it won’t reach you have two options: a cable extender for the gpu cable, or, a higher tower style gpu support.

Oh and the reason why I might have a length issue is because the PSU is about halfway up the case instead of the bottom. I gotta route like this.

KAfXQBr.png

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I apologize then, especially because I like your halo-light style fans and sometimes wish I wasn’t stuck on the iCue environment and could switch :p 

Based always came off like an insult to me, so I am sincerely sorry - that’s why I was confused and asking “what?”.

It's cool. I mostly thought you were just kiddin' around, like i was. But more plainly, I mean I like your setup. I personally wouldn't go for RWB and Biden, but I still really like it and think it's cool.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

it was coined by LIl B (as example in the video I posted) to mean being yourself and positive. A negative word from his childhood he turned around to turn positive.

huh, so it kinda started out being what spork thought

i'd never heard of that

i've only known it as a positive thing

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Okay, so it definitely used to be a negative thing and I’m not completely insane :p 

Growing up I’m almost certain calling someone based meant basic/lame.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Oh and the reason why I might have a length issue is because the PSU is about halfway up the case instead of the bottom. I gotta route like this.

KAfXQBr.png

Hmm, yea, I think it’ll fit and reach through the space between the bracket support and the video card, just feed the plug through prior to screwing everything in. 
Is your card an 8pin or the 12vhpwr plug?

Hmm, yea, I think it’ll fit and reach through the space between the bracket support and the video card, just feed the plug through prior to screwing everything in. 
Is your card an 8pin or the 12vhpwr plug?

da 12 plug

IF i desperately needed some length I could always switch to 8pin pcie cables and then use the 12pin adapter that came with the GPU.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

It's cool. I mostly thought you were just kiddin' around, like i was. But more plainly, I mean I like your setup. I personally wouldn't go for RWB and Biden, but I still really like it and think it's cool.

huh, so it kinda started out being what spork thought

i'd never heard of that

i've only known it as a positive thing

I have Biden up for the election. I can’t find an equivalent gif for Kamala and/or Walz :sadsun:

I change it for each season:

• Hype 1

I have Biden up for the election. I can’t find an equivalent gif for Kamala and/or Walz :sadsun:

I change it for each season:

This one is fuckin' hella rad. I'd never swap off.

I'm just gonna find a blue-green color I like and just change it to that once the gamer rainbows lose their "new" factor.

@Baconleave your card plugged in (the power cable) when you install the bracket, only try shifting the wire if it’s sitting where the brace touches the video card. I really don’t foresee it being an issue with that bracket. I had mine going through the bracket space (which looks like less space than the one you were looking at) until I said “f-it” and jerry-rigged the RGB part of my lian-li triple 8-pin RGB cable to the 12vhpwr plug :p 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@Baconleave your card plugged in (the power cable) when you install the bracket, only try shifting the wire if it’s sitting where the brace touches the video card. I really don’t foresee it being an issue with that bracket. I had mine going through the bracket space (which looks like less space than the one you were looking at) until I said “f-it” and jerry-rigged the RGB part of my lian-li triple 8-pin RGB cable to the 12vhpwr plug :p 

Ight. Not sure If that's what I'll get specifically (it was just the first one that appeared lol), but if I do, I might as well get extra fans if I'm gonna mess with more rgb cable routing.

That said, should the day arrive were I get stepee's 4090, I'll prolly invest in a vertical mounting bracket, like this

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Maybe not NZXT brand but something like it.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You could also just say F it and buy this:

https://a.co/d/4mdr2cQ

Ight, let me just ring the "stepee give me more money" bell :p

• Sicko Sherman 1

On 8/10/2024 at 2:27 PM, Bacon said:

What's cool is that my GPU came with a support stand. Let's see that support stand in action.

DL48aTE.jpg

golf fall GIF

How large is that gap between the stand and the card? If it's less than 25mm (1 inch), you might be able to mount a fan(s) to the bottom of the case and then mount the bracket on top of a fan.

2 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

How large is that gap between the stand and the card? If it's less than 25mm (1 inch), you might be able to mount a fan(s) to the bottom of the case and then mount the bracket on top of a fan.

I have box that's as thick as a case fan, and the stand still comes up a bit short.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bacon said:

Thank you @stepee

p.s. I always hated your avatar. I know you knew that. I had it blocked with UBO on my old PC but I never got around to blocking it on this one. Stupid ugly ass piss-dog lol.

That is a beautiful thing to have been gifted a PC from him. You will cherish that moment forever. 

On 8/24/2024 at 1:58 PM, Best said:

That is a beautiful thing to have been gifted a PC from him. You will cherish that moment forever. 

and I have my Series X.  Every time I boot it up I'll think of him. 

• Hugs 2

Many moons ago he sent me a 1080ti. He told me to just sell my 1080 and send him whatever it fetches on eBay.  Just a totally trusting, generous and a solid guy who enjoyed watching other peoples happiness.

Pretty sure we all have a piece of mail hand written from @stepee at this point lol. 

• Hugs 3