Bacon wins contest!

stepee

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Hell yeah @Bacon, really excited for you to get everything and put it all together! This community kicks ass six ways from Sunday. :dancing:

Yeah they do.

I've gotten countless games, a Switch, a PS5, someone's old GPU when my 570 broke on my very first PC, and now a whole brand new PC.

I've received more than most if not all.

As a side note, I have only ever gotten xx70 series GPUs. 570, 1070, and now a 4070. And with each GPU I have gotten a free game. Mafia 2, Gears of War 4, and now Black Myth Wukong. And the gpu I received when mine broke was with a 660 or 690 I believe. I'd have to open it up to know. I really wish I could remember whose GPU I got. I still have it in my first pc lol.

Thats alot given stuff, your a lucky guy. I haven't given to many consoles away. I did give @madmankevin a Dreamcast when I saw he made a thread about wanting one. It feels good to give, I'll never reach the @stepee gifting lvl, but ill always look for ways to give where it feels right. Sucks, before our Home loss in 2018 (fucking California camp fire) i always past my home built pcs down to friends and family. Enjoy your new pc friend.......

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I honestly didn't think I'd get everything by today. So, first, it's time for some

Lol my nephew and niece would always sing this song when I'd babysit them. 

First try. Didn't even pre test.

kfUhFTf.jpeg

This took forever. I hated build in this case lol. Hopefully, the aio will cool well cuz I had to do some real bullshit to get both thumb screws in.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Hype 3

44 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No idea why but booting takes forever 

30 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Normal for some AMD motherboards. Use the latest BIOS, and there's an option called "Memory Context Restore" which should help but only turn it on after enabling EXPO timings.

Seems like a windows update thing to me. Some times it takes forever to reboot, then there is a windows update and it reboots quick. I had an issue if you remember a long time ago where if I restarted the computer it took like 5 minutes or something. Then a windows update came out to specifically fix it and it was good. Now after a few updates it's slow again. :/

Still real slow. Like a good minute or 2. Windows 10 is installed but I can't connect to the internet. No wifi appears either. Lan doesn't work.. I did update bios. I get "windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need to reinstall the driver"

If it actually is “just” a minute and you haven’t updated the firmware bios yet and it’s AMD then unfortunately that’s normal this gen. The price you pay to not have your entire computer set on fire like intel 14th gen

edit:  oh just saw you already did but yeah you also want to do the settings mentioned as well. And yeah some of that could just be win updates and stuff - but yeah mine is definitely slower still than youd expect in the ssd age but I also don’t turn off my pc completely much

• stepee 1

No clue. If updating won't solve the internet issue, I doubt switching to 11 will. I will upgrade to eleven. My plan was just to install and update win10 and then free upgrade to win11

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No clue. If updating won't solve the internet issue, I doubt switching to 11 will. I will upgrade to eleven. My plan was just to install and update win10 and then free upgrade to win11

NM I see you have internet with a wifi dongle. If you haven’t already, if the updates don’t resolve it, I would try going to the motherboard manufacturer site and downloading the wifi drivers straight from there and installing.

• stepee 1

I will see. Also, if nothing works. I will just get a pcie adapter.

Also, I hope it's fine to leave the front and back panel off for 8 or 10 more hours. I'm going to bed the moment windows is updated. I'm not even going to try doing shit with the internet 

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I will see. Also, if nothing works. I will just get a pcie adapter.

Also, I hope it's fine to leave the front and back panel off for 8 or 10 more hours. I'm going to bed the moment windows is updated. I'm not even going to try doing shit with the internet 

When I don’t want to put it back on because I’m mid-some-kind-of-troubleshooting I just kinda lean the panel against the case to make sure a large rat couldn’t get in

• stepee 1

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

First try. Didn't even pre test.

kfUhFTf.jpeg

This took forever. I hated build in this case lol. Hopefully, the aio will cool well cuz I had to do some real bullshit to get both thumb screws in.

Beautiful 

Reinstalling windows got me in. I'll have to try updating again. There was one last update I never installed. If I still have problems. I'll go on my old pc and make win11 boot drive and see if that works. I'll just have to find some cheap key afterwards. Only got $114 left and I may end up having to buy a network adapter.