Bacon wins contest!

stepee

Just now, Best said:

What I'm surprised by is you actually wanting the best hardware. You don't seem to care about graphics or performance ever?

I greatly care about performance(frames). I made a lot of sacrifices to play CP2077 at 1440p 60fps. I shat on FF16's PS5 performance. While I didn't complain much, the new graphical update to FFXIV makes FFXIV miserable. It will dip below 30fps in cities and stay below 60 in the newest zones. If I have a stream up and the game, sometimes the game will have very noticeable stutters until I close the stream. But I didn't complain because the issue wasn't with the game, but with my hardware. I had to play REmake4 in 1440 interlaced to hit 60fps. BG3 was VERY sluggish even with FSR2 enabled and cutscenes couldn't even fully load leaving characters looking half baked.

I just don't complain much because, again, the issue is my hardware, not the games. The exception was with FF16 because I was playing it on the best hardware that it was available on, the PS5, and it was lacking. I am not a major graphics whore, but I care about frames a lot.

• Halal 1

Also, while I am not a graphics whore, I should state that is only in terms of graphical fidelity. I don't give two fucks about realistic graphics. Most UE5 shit looks like slop even tho the fidelity is very high.

But I do care about image clarity. I care about LoD and pop-in. There is NOTHING worse than seeing plants, trees, grass, shadows, and more pop into existence. I never want to see it. I hate it when games literally don't have an option actually get rid of it. I mean, with something like FFXIV that has flying, you'd pretty much have to have the whole zone loaded at all times to get rid of it but that is an exception. I think it was fallout 4 that constantly had shit popping into existence despite having everything at max. Tales of Arise had a similar issue including this awful haze that I had to mod out of the game.

• Halal 2

OH and holy fuck, there are some games that a so bad you can actually see HD textures fade in. As in, it's like your player character has an HD aura. Anything not in your Aura is a low-quality version. It is so jarring seeing fuzzy shadows and low quality road textures being painted over in HQ paint.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I greatly care about performance(frames). I made a lot of sacrifices to play CP2077 at 1440p 60fps. I shat on FF16's PS5 performance. While I didn't complain much, the new graphical update to FFXIV makes FFXIV miserable. It will dip below 30fps in cities and stay below 60 in the newest zones. If I have a stream up and the game, sometimes the game will have very noticeable stutters until I close the stream. But I didn't complain because the issue wasn't with the game, but with my hardware. I had to play REmake4 in 1440 interlaced to hit 60fps. BG3 was VERY sluggish even with FSR2 enabled and cutscenes couldn't even fully load leaving characters looking half baked.

I just don't complain much because, again, the issue is my hardware, not the games. The exception was with FF16 because I was playing it on the best hardware that it was available on, the PS5, and it was lacking. I am not a major graphics whore, but I care about frames a lot.

I see. Well now you're going to be seeing stunning visuals and incredible framerates. FF14 will run at 120fps which i know you play daily. I'm excited to read your impressions when everything is complete.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Best said:

I see. Well now you're going to be seeing stunning visuals and incredible framerates. FF14 will run at 120fps which i know you play daily. I'm excited to read your impressions when everything is complete.

There is a setting that lowers the display limit on objects and characters. I always had it on max before. Now I have to have it on minimum or else so much of the game is unbearable. I also have a .cfg file set to read only so some things are turned off that are usually always on. Can't wait to be blasting them graphics to the max. I can't even get 60fps in my house anymore because I have, like, 100 items that are all light sources. With a stream up, my house is the laggiest area in the game for me.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

There is a setting that lowers the display limit on objects and characters. I always had it on max before. Now I have to have it on minimum or else so much of the game is unbearable. I also have a .cfg file set to read only so some things are turned off that are usually always on. Can't wait to be blasting them graphics to the max. I can't even get 60fps in my house anymore because I have, like, 100 items that are all light sources. With a stream up, my house is the laggiest area in the game for me.

When will you be fully setup?

5 minutes ago, Best said:

When will you be fully setup?

Sometime between Monday and Wednesday. All depends if all the parts get here on monday or not. If everything arrives on Monday, then prolly that evening or Tuesday sometime. That is assuming nothing is wrong and everything works.

• Hype 1

Just now, Bacon said:

Sometime between Monday and Wednesday. All depends if all the parts get here on monday or not. If everything arrives on Monday, then prolly that evening or Tuesday sometime. That is assuming nothing is wrong and everything works.

I'd be so hyped. I'm probably the biggest graphics whore on here yet play on consoles lol. I need to join the pc race but it won't be until the 5000 series hits. 

10 minutes ago, Best said:

I'd be so hyped. I'm probably the biggest graphics whore on here yet play on consoles lol. I need to join the pc race but it won't be until the 5000 series hits. 

I am hyped. But like super worried something will go wrong or I'm delivered bad parts. I'm worried that I'll somehow fuck up the build.

Which is normal for me lol. Like, I wish I had more practice with building PCs. I don't mind building them, but it is stressful because I lack experience. I have only ever built a PC twice. It isn't "hard" to build a PC, but each build is like taking a test or something and I totally get test anxiety. Like I get anxiety when I get my blood pressure taken thus raising my blood pressure.

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I am hyped. But like super worried something will go wrong or I'm delivered bad parts. I'm worried that I'll somehow fuck up the build.

Which is normal for me lol. Like, I wish I had more practice with building PCs. I don't mind building them, but it is stressful because I lack experience. I have only ever built a PC twice. It isn't "hard" to build a PC, but each build is like taking a test or something and I totally get test anxiety. Like I get anxiety when I get my blood pressure taken thus raising my blood pressure.

I hear you. I'm going to get a pre-built pc because I have absolutely no knowledge in pc's.

But you're a smart dude and you have everyone here to assist you. It will be fine. 

35 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Like I get anxiety when I get my blood pressure taken thus raising my blood pressure.

I get this too but it's also partially because the only time I get my blood pressure taken is because I'm at the doctor because I'm sick. So on top of the person strangling my arm I'm thinking about what the doctor is going to say, and then of course when I get to the doctor they say you've got high blood pressure and no shit doc, take my blood pressure when I'm chilling at home and tell me how high it is. :p

Still no charge

Still not shipped

9775db65fc02e371956ecfe5f1c2d6ed.png

I've been charged for the GPU and the AIO, but the GPU hasn't shipped. The AIO has. I have also been charged for the Case which shipped yesterday.

• Sad 1

CHARGE ME

C̴̡̡̫̜̖͇͙̘͓̥̰̮̫̭̥̟͖̰͕̩̣̭̦̭͍̬̎̀̑͒͐̇̄̂̐̿̄́̚͘H̶̢̦̖̩͎̖͊͋ͅA̷̡̧̧̨̧̺̖̘̰͕̰͍͖̯̜͚̖̼̻̘̮̱̗̺̤͍̪̤͇͔͋́͗̓̆͆̎̚͘͜Ȑ̶̨̡̨̛̮̮̞͉͕̯͍̗̝͉͓̹̥̗̫̤͎͓͖̬̗̖͍̥͙̩̘̟͇͈́̓̾̉̿̇̐̐̉̉̉̓͂̒͋̆̔͌͑̆̿͊͛͛̈́̏̀̐̿͂̚͜͠͝Ģ̵̧̡̨̛͈̝̳̯͕̥̳͔͚̳̝̟͉͚̜̰͓̻̪̦̣̩̦͆̉̅͆̐͛Ḙ̴̡͓̞̟͓̞̞̣̙̲̠͚͕̻̩̬͎̻̞̖͂̎̐͒̈́̀͗̾̒͂̔̉̈́͛͗͛͛͐̈́̍̿̈́̆̊̅̚͜͜͠ ̸͕͍̥̬͔̪̮̹̪͉̭͉̟̟̭͍̼̙̖̪͎̣̩͔͇̞͔̳̟͇̳́̔́́̒̾̓͜ͅḾ̶̢̨̛̙̗͉͎̫̬̱̹̘͉̜̏͂͒͛̍̀͆͑́̓̊́͛̉̇͌͛̓̈́̈́̓͒͘͘͝͝͠E̴̖̮̩̠̒̎̅͐́͑̒̊̑͠ͅ

On 7/30/2024 at 5:31 AM, Biggie said:

Never seen a message board like D1P and never will. So much generosity. From games, to consoles, to personal assistance with life’s problems and challenges. I love y’all and I’m thankful I found this place by total accident 12 years ago. It’s been a hell of a ride. 

TRUE, true this

This board has been a life line to me over the last 6 years. Been a member for a very long time but there are ture good people here and lots of them. I remember fondly when @madmankevin reached out looking for a Dreamcast to add to his growing collection and I just happened to have a few, 2 brand new unopened ones and a barely used one which I happily sent him free of charge shipping and ALL! and it really really makes you feel fantastic inside!

Of course one year later we lost everything in that damned 2018 california camp fire! I had a really great collection of consoles and handhelds along with over 3000 games in cases and almost 5000 movies, etc. Along with a really great PC parts collection. Of course all that was lost and we've struggled a bit after but we have been very lucky to have lots of support along the way. These boards kept me sane during the loss of our oldest SON and for that I'm forever grateful and honest will never be able to repay. I give where I can and have been given several games and the like and I so appreciate it. THANK YOU ALL we here at the Sullivan's residence appreciate you more than we could ever say, alot know who you are but for the most part we mean you ALL as a community board. When the shit really hits the fucking fan and then the shit covered fan hits you square between the eye's, this board has been there, thank goodness.....

That said I CLAIM @stepee 's next graphics card after the 4090, thank you very VERY VERY much.....J/K'ing of course, unless I'm not. Do I have to be? No i'm kidding, but really can I? :nerd:It's ok just a thought! My 2080Ti still chuggs along and doesn't complain that much about lowering the settings, I'll be on top again someday.

• Hugs 2

8 minutes ago, Best said:

What the hell is the issue do you think?

I don't know. Well, I know it prolly has to do with the GPU. When I ordered the GPU, it said it would arrive Monday. When I ordered the rest of the parts, there was an option to combine items so everything would arrive at once, on Monday the 5th. I selected that so I didn't have to deal with staggered times. I don't know what the deal is with the GPU, why it hasn't shipped yet but I have had issues in the past with the shipping never updating. Like, it never showed a shipped status until it arrived at my doorstep where it was then marked as delivered. There could be some weird bullshit where the GPU has shipped, but the system never updated it, and because it was never updated, my other order is now stuck in limbo until it arrives. That is pretty unlikely, but it could be. That AIO was also supposed to ship out with everything else but it didn't. Prolly because that was a separate order due to using a different payment method. You might think, "oh well, maybe there is a hold on my card." but there isn't I even called the bank, and I got charged for the GPU on the day I ordered it, and the PC case was also charged for on the same card the same day as the above order.

• stepee 1

45 minutes ago, stepee said:

we got bacon a new pc upgrade 

"we" as in like 2 people lol

and by new PC upgrade, he means a whole brand new PC will pretty much all the bells and whistles

Also, got my AIO. Guy didn't even knock. It was not a brick in a box either, so, yay!

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1