Bacon wins contest!

stepee

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hmm, the 1 star reviews got me sweating lol

I wouldn't really go by goofs on Amazon reviews. That X670 is considered one of the best budget X670 motherboards by most professional reviewers, but, I can't remember if it has a 5.0 PCIE port.

I know this ASUS one is popular and good, BUT, ASUS has been getting shit for sub-par CS lately: 

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WiFi AM5 (LGA1718) Ryzen 7000 gaming motherboard(12+2 power stages,DDR5,3xM.2 slots,PCIe® 5.0,WiFi 6E,2.5G LAN,USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C® port): Motherboards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

@Bacon

You'd probably save some money with one of these bundles, double check (actual) reviews for the MSI mobo, though:

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy INLAND AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core16-Thread Desktop Processor Bundle with ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi AM5 (LGA1718) Ryzen 7000 Gaming Motherboard(DDR5, PCIe 5.0),: Motherboards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Processor Bundle with MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk WiFi Gaming Motherboard (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Wi-Fi 6E, ATX), Soly by Micro Center: Motherboards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

A question about OS. I have Win 10. I have a Win 10 key. Can I still use that or do I need to buy an OS? I was hoping to just reuse my Win10 key and then upgrade to 11 or maybe just stay at 10.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

@Bacon

You'd probably save some money with one of these bundles, double check (actual) reviews for the MSI mobo, though:

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy INLAND AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core16-Thread Desktop Processor Bundle with ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi AM5 (LGA1718) Ryzen 7000 Gaming Motherboard(DDR5, PCIe 5.0),: Motherboards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Processor Bundle with MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk WiFi Gaming Motherboard (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Wi-Fi 6E, ATX), Soly by Micro Center: Motherboards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Actually, the MSI one seems good, but no RGB if that's something you wanted on the mobo:

WWW.PCMAG.COM

The MSI X670E Tomahawk is a well-equipped midrange motherboard option, offering everything the AMD X670 platform supports except for RGB bling. Its sensible $309.99 price should put it on your short list.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

A question about OS. I have Win 10. I have a Win 10 key. Can I still use that or do I need to buy an OS? I was hoping to just reuse my Win10 key and then upgrade to 11 or maybe just stay at 10.

You should be able to transfer it if it's not a single-use corp code. If it is a single-use, then it's tied to your current motherboard. But you can get genuine keys for like $20 if you look around.

You need a Win11

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Do you have a Microsoft account? Generally you can just deactivate the machine from your account and activate it on a different machine.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Actually, the MSI one seems good, but no RGB if that's something you wanted on the mobo:

I only have some rgb parts cuz it's no difference in cost. But the suff that has RGB on it will still, light up, right? Just the mobo has no specific RGB

Also this is my Win10 stuff. Is there is any private info here tell me so I can delete lol. Just wanna know if it can be reused

eg3f1bH.jpg

vXnFU3v.jpg

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Do you have a Microsoft account? Generally you can just deactivate the machine from your account and activate it on a different machine.

Who the fuck doesn’t have a ms account 

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

...Yes? I believe it is tied to my XBL stuff. I'm not really sure.

I only have some rgb parts cuz it's no difference in cost. But the suff that has RGB on it will still, light up, right? Just the mobo has no specific RGB

Also this is my Win10 stuff. Is there is any private info here tell me so I can delete lol. Just wanna know if it can be reused

Oh, you bought a retail packaged key? You should be good then, just deactivate your current PC before setting up your new PC.

Yea, your current RGB will work, it's just that motherboard doesn't have RGB lights.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

okay nm this guy 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Love you Bacon tho

you talkin' smack

cuz if you are I know even know what you are implying so HA

• Sicko 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

IMO, too much money is allocated for the CPU cooler. $35 air coolers can provide more than enough cooling. You only get diminishing returns after that, especially for the 7800X3D which hardly uses any power. You're basically paying a lot extra for aesthetics and that LCD display.

2 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

IMO, too much money is allocated for the CPU cooler. $35 air coolers can provide more than enough cooling. You only get diminishing returns after that, especially for the 7800X3D which hardly uses any power. You're basically paying a lot extra for aesthetics and that LCD display.

Shit, I don't need AIO? I mean, I'd gladly stick with air cooling. I just thought I'd need the water cooling.

I give zero fucks about what the guts look like. I do try to keep everything black or white tho outside of rgb

6 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Any particular recommendations?

I was just gonna pick one of these if it doesn't matter

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hYxRsY/thermalright-peerless-assassin-120-se-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-pa120-se-d3

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HyTPxr/cooler-master-hyper-212-black-edition-42-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1

or I could get this for more rgb

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MzMMnQ/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-argb-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-ps120se-argb

Shit, I don't need AIO? I mean, I'd gladly stick with air cooling. I just thought I'd need the water cooling.

AIO is fine. You're paying over twice what you should be for an AIO because of that LCD display, though. Cheaper AIOs will be almost as good.

Air is still fine. Not as good as AIOs, but will keep the CPU within spec.