Any of you guys play No Man's Sky lately?

Best

I've tried and come back to the game a bunch of time and always end up abandoning it again.

It's always been and continues to be and endless loop of finding materials/making more materials in an ever more tedious and complex loop for me. It's a universe that I'd love to explore but that the systems in place simply make that to be too much of a pain in the ass.

16 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

I've tried and come back to the game a bunch of time and always end up abandoning it again.

It's always been and continues to be and endless loop of finding materials/making more materials in an ever more tedious and complex loop for me. It's a universe that I'd love to explore but that the systems in place simply make that to be too much of a pain in the ass.

This basically sums up my exact thoughts as well. 

I think my time with No Man's Sky has again come to an end. There is a lot to do, but ultimately few reasons to do any of it. I start out and want to get good stuff so I can complete the main quests with the best gear, but most of the main quests exist as tutorials, which is fine, but there really isn't anything to do once you get the hang of it all and have good gear. A lot of my time in NMS resembles my time in Destiny in that you're spending a ton of time working through various systems so you have the ability to get a better thing. The difference is that in Destiny there are activities where having the best gear possible actually matters.

It's something of a surprise to me that they don't have more of an endgame loop after so many years. I can keep upgrading my ships or freighters, but all a better freighter fleet does is bring me more resources that I don't need for anything. There isn't even any kind of resource sink besides upgrading the classes of your stuff. I feel like the game quickly jumps from scrapping for every credit and nanite possible to having more money than you ever need to spend. Even if the endgame activity was just building faster and faster hyperdrive systems that could speed you to the center of the galaxy (a goal which is apparently very easy to cheese without many jumps).

Expeditions are interesting, but being on a different save feels like it makes the primary save pointless. There's no reason to get a better ship or fleet for expeditions if you have to start from scratch with each one.

I still enjoyed my time with NMS and think there is a lot to enjoy in the game. It's in a better state than ever and seeing all the different planets is pretty cool. I really appreciate the recent updates to the water and clouds. It's certainly a unique experience in gaming and makes me excited to see what they come up with in Light No Fire.

As an aside, apparently my issue with the duplicate derelict freighter encounter was that the system generates a new one in each system.  Do it twice in a system and you get the same one.  

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I think my time with No Man's Sky has again come to an end. There is a lot to do, but ultimately few reasons to do any of it. I start out and want to get good stuff so I can complete the main quests with the best gear, but most of the main quests exist as tutorials, which is fine, but there really isn't anything to do once you get the hang of it all and have good gear. A lot of my time in NMS resembles my time in Destiny in that you're spending a ton of time working through various systems so you have the ability to get a better thing. The difference is that in Destiny there are activities where having the best gear possible actually matters.

It's something of a surprise to me that they don't have more of an endgame loop after so many years. I can keep upgrading my ships or freighters, but all a better freighter fleet does is bring me more resources that I don't need for anything. There isn't even any kind of resource sink besides upgrading the classes of your stuff. I feel like the game quickly jumps from scrapping for every credit and nanite possible to having more money than you ever need to spend. Even if the endgame activity was just building faster and faster hyperdrive systems that could speed you to the center of the galaxy (a goal which is apparently very easy to cheese without many jumps).

Expeditions are interesting, but being on a different save feels like it makes the primary save pointless. There's no reason to get a better ship or fleet for expeditions if you have to start from scratch with each one.

I still enjoyed my time with NMS and think there is a lot to enjoy in the game. It's in a better state than ever and seeing all the different planets is pretty cool. I really appreciate the recent updates to the water and clouds. It's certainly a unique experience in gaming and makes me excited to see what they come up with in Light No Fire.

As an aside, apparently my issue with the duplicate derelict freighter encounter was that the system generates a new one in each system.  Do it twice in a system and you get the same one.  

I always appreciate your posts. I'm going to have to make room on my deck for storage so I will have to delete this game today. 

• stepee 1

I tried this finally via gamepass and I was done after about 10 minutes.  Literally the whole game looks like a fetch quest of gathering resources.  The game is just not fun to me.  I might give it a go again but it’s the kind of game I can only play in small chunks. 

• True 1