Dexter: Original Sin (prequel series | December 2024) and Dexter: Resurrection (sequel series | Summer 2025) announced

here’s the opening credits for the early years of Dexter’s journey. Happy to see Michael C. Hall back as his “dark passenger” like voice. I haven’t seen the limited series yet they did a few years back, or read all the books. Although the books had a couple of great early year moments between he and Harry. Too bad they gotta stick to the series cause Deb’s known who Dexter really is since, well this series timeframe really. Good opening with nice nods to the original

That's not the only Dexter project.

WWW.THEWRAP.COM

Comic-Con: Michael C. Hall is returning to the "Dexter" universe in the new "Resurrection" sequel series and narrating in "Original Sin"

“Resurrection” will be the follow-up series to “Dexter: New Blood,” the 2021 miniseries that followed the titular character after his supposedly lethal, tragic boating accident. Since then, other spin-offs have been in the works.

“Dexter: Original Sin” is set to premiere in December, with “Dexter: Resurrection” launching in the summer of 2025.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dexter: Original Sin (prequel series | December 2024) and Dexter: Resurrection (sequel series | Summer 2025) announced

Dexter: New Blood wasn't very good, so I'm not sure how to feel about these new projects. I hope they're good but they need to go back to leaning into the dark humor and sunny setting. Dexter used to be what its opening indicated and then it got too self serious over the years. It was always a darkly humorous show with prestige TV trappings, not actually trying to be prestige TV. 

We kind of got all the prequel stuff we needed with the flashbacks in the first two seasons. The sequel to New Blood, supposedly following his son will hopefully be interesting. I liked the finale of New Blood even if some things could have been handled better (seemed rushed, and probably could have used an extra episode or two, and not having Dexter and Angel reunite was criminal). 

I love this universe though as it's just macabre fun. 

Where's my Hannibal revival though?! 

I’m surprised this series has this much juice, the last couple seasons and particular the way it all ended was borderline intolerable. But I looked it up and apparently the last season was the most watched which is, frankly, bananas. So what the hell do I know?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m surprised this series has this much juice, the last couple seasons and particular the way it all ended was borderline intolerable. But I looked it up and apparently the last season was the most watched which is, frankly, bananas. So what the hell do I know?

Are you saying last season as in season 8 of the original show, or New Blood from two years ago? Either way I can see them being the most watched because one is the final season of a beloved show, and the other is a revival do-over after the final season screwed the pooch. 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Are you saying last season as in season 8 of the original show, or New Blood from two years ago? Either way I can see them being the most watched because one is the final season of a beloved show, and the other is a revival do-over after the final season screwed the pooch. 

I meant the original series; I’d assumed people started tuning out since I thought the last couple seasons were very bad, but I was incorrect.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Since when has lack of rave reviews stopped you? :p

Normally it wouldn't if I was otherwise interested but the recent revival wasn't very good, the back half of the original show wasn't very good either, and a prequel seems pointless as it's ground we covered extensively in the original show. So I'm not too interested in revisiting this franchise but if critics really and truly felt this was great (and/or audiences), depending on the level of praise I can be convinced to try it out.