Breaking: leaders of the Sinaloa Cartel (including El Chapo's son) arrested in El Paso, Texas

This is kinda strange, huh?

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Joaquin Guzman Lopez, the son of infamous “El Chapo,” and Ismael Zambada Garcia were arrested in El Paso, Texas, the U.S. attorney general said.

The son of jailed Sinaloa Cartel boss Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán Loera, and another cartel leader were arrested Thursday in El Paso, Texas, U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

Joaquín Guzmán Lopez and Sinaloa Cartel co-founder Ismael Zambada Garcia are facing “multiple charges” in connection with the Mexico-based criminal organization, “including its deadly fentanyl manufacturing and trafficking networks,” Garland said in a statement.

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Three law enforcement officials say that investigators believe one of the men may have fooled the other into getting on a plane to the U.S.

In the wake of the surprise arrests of two alleged Mexican drug lords in Texas, three law enforcement officials say that investigators believe one of the men may have fooled the other into getting on a plane to the U.S.

The son of jailed Sinaloa Cartel boss Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán Loera and a cartel co-founder who helped lead it for three decades were arrested Thursday in El Paso, Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

Joaquín Guzmán López and Sinaloa Cartel co-founder Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada García have both been indicted in the U.S., and they face “multiple charges” in connection with the Mexico-based criminal organization, “including its deadly fentanyl manufacturing and trafficking networks,” Garland said in a statement.The three law enforcement sources say authorities are looking into whether Guzmán López tricked “El Mayo” Zambada into boarding the U.S.-bound airplane. The plane went first to New Mexico and then to El Paso, where the two men were arrested and taken into custody.

• Sicko Sherman 1

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Three law enforcement officials say that investigators believe one of the men may have fooled the other into getting on a plane to the U.S.

I love how close this is to just being a “One little trick drug lords use won’t believe!” spam article 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

No one can resist the allure of...El Paso.

Hey now, having grown up there I can say the Southwest in El Paso is actually amazing! Great food, almost no crime, good cost of living. 

34 minutes ago, Comet said:

Hey now, having grown up there I can say the Southwest in El Paso is actually amazing! Great food, almost no crime, good cost of living. 

Surprising, given the nearly infinite amount of drug-muling, job-taking, terrorist-act committing immigrants who cross unrestricted on the daily. 

But for real, I have heard all of the things you said about El Paso multiple times. It’s long been a fascinating place to me, given how relatively isolated it is from other major US cities.