Summer Games 2024

69los

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Lyles didn't get the gold in the 200 meters to match his gold from the 100 meters (he got the bronze just as he did in Tokyo).

WWW.ESPN.COM

Noah Lyles suffered an upset in the 200 meters Thursday, settling for Olympic bronze, then revealed he had been diagnosed with COVID-19.

1 minute ago, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

Noah Lyles suffered an upset in the 200 meters Thursday, settling for Olympic bronze, then revealed he had been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Oh yeah - you could definitely tell he wasn't anywhere near his peak condition when he finished the 200 meters.  He practically collapsed afterwards.

This talk of pole vaulting reminds me of when I was at the Olympics and I saw a guy carrying a long stick, so I asked him, "are you a pole vaulter?", and he said, "no I'm German, but how did you know my name is Walter?"

This joke is probably better spoken.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

The women’s gold medal in basketball came down to the wire, and overtime was missed by about half a shoe when France nailed a buzzer beater down three, but the shooter was on the line!

I have to check out the highlights!

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Really shitty, what’s happening to Jordan Chiles. 

The judges should never be able to work a major competition again. While the ultimate outcome here seems to be correct, the route to get there is ridiculous and harmful to the athletes.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Late to the party but she has a PhD in Break Dancing. Plus I just wanted to post this (I do Simpsons too, but taking from somewhere else)

spacer.png

That’s like someone having a PHD in quarterbacking and deciding to try out for the NFL.