Xbox 360 Marketplace Closing July 29, 2024

I mentioned this in another topic but figure it is worth mentioning here. In less than a week Microsoft is shutting down the 360 marketplace. You might think, "no big deal," but a fair amount of these games are not available on other platforms (Steam) or backwards compatible. It is kind of a pain in the neck to go through the list, but you might find some gems.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/

Here are a few I found over the past few days.

(As mentioned in the other thread) Quantum Theory - Koei Tecmo Gears of War-like game

Nintey-Nine Nights II - ($7.49)

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - ($14.99) This is notable because it was delisted on steam a long time ago and if you don't have the disc this is probably the last chance you have at it.

(These ones I found on X formerly txxtter)

Bubble Bobble Neo! - ($9.99) This game is only available on the 360 (I guess there was a Wiiware version as well)

The Dishwasher, Dead Samurai - (0.99) This is the first game from the dude who did Charlie Murder and Salt and Sacrifice. The sequel is on steam but the first game is only on 360

0-D Beat Drop - ($9.99) Arc System Works published rhythm puzzle game (like Luminies)

Black Knight Sword - ($2.49) Written by Suda51, Grasshopper Manufacture developed game

Diabolical Pitch - ($9.99) Also a Suda51 game but it's a Kinect game

Project Sylpheed DLC - (FREE) You need a physical copy of the game but the DLC and leaderboards are free DLC.

Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - ($2.49) Was also a wiiware and PS3 game but it's cheap enough to give a look.

Raystorm HD - (Full price, $14.99) This was also available for PS3 in Japan.

Burnout Crash! - (0.49) I guess this was on PS3 and mobile for a time (seems like you can't find it on mobile any more)

Just a small list of some exclusive things. If you feel like looking yourself make sure you double check with other platforms because the game might be on there.

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

What are the actual games that are not backwards compatible and also not available on other platforms?   

Well a good majority of what I put in the OP (most likely all of it)

You'll just have to browse the marketplace yourself and check. Generally if it doesn't show up on the normal Xbox store it is not backwards compatible.

A lot of these sales are complete rubish in prices.  And also alot of games I’m looking at are not even purchasable.  Did they remove games before the date?

1 hour ago, tgo said:

A lot of these sales are complete rubish in prices.  And also alot of games I’m looking at are not even purchasable.  Did they remove games before the date?

Not everything is on sale, some things are, but I mainly made the thread because regardless of price the games will be gone.

No not every game is purchasable, and it's always been like that. There are two sections, Xbox 360 games regardless of if it is digital or not and the "on demand" section which is just the digital 360 games.

31 minutes ago, tgo said:

Tropico 4 is $490.   😂😂😂😂

Shows up as $10 for me.

Physical prices on games aren't going to change that much. The thing about the marketplace on 360 is that digital hadn't been largely adopted just yet. There are thousands of XBLA games on there that only exist as digital, but out of everything that released on disc, only some got actual digital "on demand" versions. So the games that are truly being lost, can't actually be bought physically anyway. And the ones that are truly notable, like RDR and the CoD games, all got the back-compat treatment, which aren't going away. Back compat games will still be purchaseable through the Xbox One/Series store.

I was just happy that I was able to find a copy of LOTR: War in the North, which was pulled from everything when the license expired. Even Steam. Literally the only way to play that game was to find a used physical copy somewhere. Or play it via emulation, which I feel would be totally justified piracy.

Now for MS to get that Transformers license renewed. It can't be that expensive.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They aren't deleted they were never available digitally in the first place.

Oh ok.  Didn’t realize there was that many.  

Just downloaded Crackdown, Crackdown 2, and Too Human for free.  YMMV, I have no idea if it's cuz I already own them.  But why download them?  CUZ FREE BITS IS FREE.

Tempted to buy Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, but it's cheap on PC too, so I'll just go with steam.  Dark Athena is tempting if it was even cheaper cuz I never played it and odds are if I bought it, I'd still never play it.  So spending $15 is out.

35 minutes ago, Bitgod said:

Just downloaded Crackdown, Crackdown 2, and Too Human for free.  YMMV, I have no idea if it's cuz I already own them.  But why download them?  CUZ FREE BITS IS FREE.

I can't speak for Crackdown 1 and 2 but Too Human has been free for a good long while. All of them are backwards compatible as well and you can get them on the normal Xbox store so you're not missing out.

Nothing even works.  Just broken links every damn time.  

When it finally works can’t even get anything.  It’s asking to update the payment method.  But it’s already on there.   Oh well.