56 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My heart says Pete but my mind says Kelly or waltz. 

Pete would be great if not for the unfortunate reality of being gay but I feel like Walz brings the combo of good Dem communicator and plays to the crowd Scranton Joe did. 

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pete would be great if not for the unfortunate reality of being gay but I feel like Walz brings the combo of good Dem communicator and plays to the crowd Scranton Joe did. 

Pete would make a great Vice President to someone else  and ten years from now, he would be a great Presidential candidate. He's not what the Harris Campaign needs in a running mate right now though. 

• True 4

It ought to be Shapiro.

Pennsylvania is the tipping point state.  If you don’t win it, it becomes very difficult to get to 270 without pulling an unlikely upset in Georgia.  And Michigan and Pennsylvania are highly correlated—if you win one, you almost always win the other.

Minnesota is a safe state, so Walz isn’t a very smart pick, as cool as the guy is.   Beshear and Cooper might help you make inroads in the Sun Belt, but neither is likely to deliver their home state, as they’re simply too red.

Whitmer would be a good pick if you could count on a lot of male voters not being put off by two women on the ticket (you can’t).  Kelly’s okay, but Pennsylvania is more of a must-win than Arizona.

Harris/Shapiro 2024:flag:

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It ought to be Shapiro.

Pennsylvania is the tipping point state.  If you don’t win it, it becomes very difficult to get to 270 without pulling an unlikely upset in Georgia.  And Michigan and Pennsylvania are highly correlated—if you win one, you almost always win the other.

Minnesota is a safe state, so Walz isn’t a very smart pick, as cool as the guy is.   Beshear and Cooper might help you make inroads in the Sun Belt, but neither is likely to deliver their home state, as they’re simply too red.

Whitmer would be a good pick if you could count on a lot of male voters not being put off by two women on the ticket (you can’t).  Kelly’s okay, but Pennsylvania is more of a must-win than Arizona.

Spoiler

yo momma

39 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It ought to be Shapiro.

I agree that Pennsylvania is a must win.  But a Jewish governor this year might hurt elsewhere.  So will Shapiro help deliver Pennsylvania without a spot on the ticket?

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's a good appealing thing he has there.  He looks like someone's dad who went from that meetup to back home where he restringed a weed eater and edged up the lawn.  I know he's a career politician, but this like always is vibes.

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

That's a good appealing thing he has there.  He looks like someone's dad who went from that meetup to back home where he restringed a weed eater and edged up the lawn.  I know he's a career politician, but this like always is vibes.

Yes he comes off as a normal guy. Vance and co. are the genital inspectors who want to know the last time your daughter menstruated before she can sign up for the basketball team. Walz is the guy who thinks children shouldn’t go in debt to eat lunch. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

10 hours ago, finaljedi said:

I agree that Pennsylvania is a must win.  But a Jewish governor this year might hurt elsewhere.  So will Shapiro help deliver Pennsylvania without a spot on the ticket?

Maybe, but I reckon the chances are higher if he's actually on the ticket.

BTW, keep in mind that losing PA not only ups the likelihood of a loss to like 90%, but also makes it so that, even if there's an unprecedented split and MI still goes for Harris along with the rest of the 'blue wall' states, you'll only earn yourself the nightmare of nightmares:

r/YAPms - 2024 Nightmare Fuel: 269 Split

:dumpster_fire::ana:

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Maybe, but I reckon the chances are higher if he's actually on the ticket.

BTW, keep in mind that losing PA not only ups the likelihood of a loss to like 90%, but also makes it so that, even if there's an unprecedented split and MI still goes for Harris along with the rest of the 'blue wall' states, you'll only earn yourself the nightmare of nightmares:

r/YAPms - 2024 Nightmare Fuel: 269 Split

:dumpster_fire::ana:

What happens to states that are 50-50 in their Congressional delegation? Coin toss? 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

What happens to states that are 50-50 in their Congressional delegation? Coin toss? 

It won't even matter because the GOP will have the most state delegations (and each state gets 1 vote) no matter what thanks to all the bumfuck states in the middle with 10 people each.

According to Axios, it appears that the governors have the inside track:

Wall Street thinks Kamala Harris picking governor for VP

The Harris campaign is pressing Wall Street donors to cut their checks as soon as possible, citing a financial rule that bars contributions to tickets featuring a sitting governor, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The urgency of the requests has led some donors to conclude that Harris plans to pick a governor — and not a senator, like Mark Kelly of Arizona — to be her running mate.

• If the campaign signals are being correctly interpreted, that would narrow the veepstakes down to Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz.
  • Some donors in the financial services and investment industry think they have until Sunday to get their contributions in.

Personally, I'm very much in favor of a governor on the ticket rather than a senator.