Which Assassin’s Creed game was better?

Best

Which Assassin’s Creed did you prefer?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Assassin's Creed game was better?

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Holy shit the battle for East Anglia was fuckin unreal. It gave me goose bumps raiding the castle with our ships. 

This game is really good imo. It much more streamlined and focused than the other open world AC games. The visuals are breathtaking. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

It's the truth. Ain't never been a good AC since. Not even Black Flags. Not big on naval warfare or sea adventures.

I was just kidding with my response but I think you're aware that most people would disagree that there have been no good Assassin's Creed games since the Ezio trilogy. :p 

• True 1

I'm about 10 hours in both Odyssey and Valhalla.

I cannot say Odyssey is better by a mile at this point in time.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses but I'd give a small edge to Valhalla right now. 

But from what has been posted, Valhalla might slow down in time and get "boring".

Odyssey has a lot more quests and weapons which both are fun to play with. 

Odyssey is more diverse in its world and characters too. 

I'm just going to keep playing both. They are phenomenal games. 

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Most people are idiots.

While true, that's not really an argument for how every game since has been bad. Personal preference of not liking naval warfare or sea adventures isn't a criticism of the game, that's just about you. Plus there are many other Ass Creed games to consider. And when I said most people, I was thinking most of the people on this board, I didn't mean broadly on the internet or in life.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I never liked black flag and that's where I checked out of the series. Never even finished it. However, I did finish all the games up until that point.

Again, there have been numerous games since. That doesn't mean the series died with Ezio either.

One of my problems with Valhalla is the equipment collection was incredibly boring because of the systems they use for it. In prior AC games (at least the ones I enjoyed and played), finding new gear was exciting and might give you a new build to play with. In Valhalla, going through the effort to get new gear was completely unrewarding because it would start at level 1, being a massive downgrade from your base armor that you've now been upgrading for some time. Spending the resources to get new armor up to speed was a complete waste when you could spend those to make your current armor better.

That's just one example of the general trend in the game where exploring the world just wasn't rewarding. It made the the world feel like a beautifully-rendered waste of time.

52 minutes ago, legend said:

One of my problems with Valhalla is the equipment collection was incredibly boring because of the systems they use for it. In prior AC games (at least the ones I enjoyed and played), finding new gear was exciting and might give you a new build to play with. In Valhalla, going through the effort to get new gear was completely unrewarding because it would start at level 1, being a massive downgrade from your base armor that you've now been upgrading for some time. Spending the resources to get new armor up to speed was a complete waste when you could spend those to make your current armor better.

That's just one example of the general trend in the game where exploring the world just wasn't rewarding. It made the the world feel like a beautifully-rendered waste of time.

There is definitely truth to this. I've had the same axe from the beginning of the game in Valhalla. Odyssey is more exciting with upgrades in weapons and armor. 

I think Valhalla's loot system was a step back from Odyssey.

In particular, Varin's axe was too powerful as a starting weapon.

However, you can't upgrade your early armour/weapons to be competitive with the armour sets or Legendary weapons (may have been called Mythical) that appear in the mid/late game.

Thor's armour combined with Moljnir was just OP.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I think Valhalla's loot system was a step back from Odyssey.

In particular, Varin's axe was too powerful as a starting weapon.

However, you can't upgrade your early armour/weapons to be competitive with the armour sets or Legendary weapons (may have been called Mythical) that appear in the mid/late game.

Thor's armour combined with Moljnir was just OP.

Yep. Very true. I'm still holdin on though!

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

:shrug:

I thought they were both good games.  Playing them back-to-back would probably be too much for me.

I'm playing them at the same time. But this is only possible because I have all the time in the world to play them. If I were working I'd never attempt this.