I tried Steak 'n Shake for the first time.

Bacon

Just opened up in town. I got

• Bacon 'n Cheese Double Steakburger
  • Medium Onion Rings
  • Cotton Candy Milkshake

It was decent. Aside from the milkshake, the burger and side of onion rings were a bit smaller than I was expecting. Onion rings were pretty good. The burger was good, but I think I'd rather have a 5 guys burger or a Baconator. Milkshake could have been better. There are a lot of cotton candy flavor types and this wasn't one I prefer.

Overall it was nothing special. 7/10. I don't find it to be better than most options I already had. I could see them not lasting more than a few years.

• Hype 1

I actually went to Steak N Shake for the first time in years on Sunday. It used to always be the "treat" we'd get as kids when we drove down to St. Louis every year, but now they're more prevelent in northern Illinois. But they've always been an enigma because it you had a waitress, silverware, etc, but they also had a drive-thru. But when I went this weekend, they finally dropped all that and you order through a kiosk, get food in a plastic basket, and have to scan a QR code to use the soda machine. Food still tastes the same as ever, though. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

• Medium Onion Rings
  • Cotton Candy Milkshake

It was decent. Aside from the milkshake, the burger and side of onion rings were a bit smaller than I was expecting. Onion rings were pretty good. The burger was good, but I think I'd rather have a 5 guys burger or a Baconator. Milkshake could have been better. There are a lot of cotton candy flavor types and this wasn't one I prefer.

Overall it was nothing special. 7/10. I don't find it to be better than most options I already had. I could see them not lasting more than a few years.

Their milkshakes are no longer hand dipped it comes out of a machine. As for their hamburgers IHOP's hamburgers are very similar but better.

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

• Medium Onion Rings
  • Cotton Candy Milkshake

Steak and Shakes are a big thing around here. They are pretty good but I’d rather have Five Guys. 

I've only been to Steak n Shake once. I was pretty underwhelmed. 

I live in Texas. Throw a rock in any direction and you'll hit a mom n pop burger joint that is way better than anything a chain can crank out. I still feel bad for all these sad Californians that keep thinking In n Out is an example of a good burger. They line up for that shit and I just don't understand it. Like, seriously, go across the street and you can get a burger the size of your face for probably cheaper.

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I still feel bad for all these sad Californians that keep thinking In n Out is an example of a good burger. They line up for that shit and I just don't understand it. Like, seriously, go across the street and you can get a burger the size of your face for probably cheaper.

It's an example of a good fast food burger. This is the thing all the burger elitists seem to forget.

A double double is cheaper and tastes better than a big mac to boot. (6$ compared to 8$)

I mean if I wanted a burger the size of my head I could go to Boll Weevil too. 🤷‍♀️

• True 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's an example of a good fast food burger. This is the thing all the burger elitists seem to forget.

A double double is cheaper and tastes better than a big mac to boot. (6$ compared to 8$)

I mean if I wanted a burger the size of my head I could go to Boll Weevil too. 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn't even call it that lol. I tried it when they started popping up over here and it tasted like the microwaveable burgers you get at the convenience store. No thanks.

To be fair though, I don't eat any of the fast food burger joints. I really only hit up Whataburger (and that's cuz I was raised on that shit and have been indoctrinated) but even WB is going downhill since they were bought out. It's only a matter of time for that one.

I don't know what the fuck a Boll Weevil is.