News Happening Faster Than Man Can Generate Uninformed Opinions

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My friend today was like "Even an assassination attempt didn't really move Trump's numbers and that was only a couple of weeks ago" I was like that was last week, yo.

Which goes to show: it has nothing to do with "Teflon Don." The motherfucker is responsible for seven near-straight years of losses, not to mention is a convicted felon. Instead of being self-defeating by saying nothing matters woe is me, realize that it swings both ways and things that would have made Trump more sympathetic decades ago no longer do (see also: him getting COVID). The climate is what makes his poll numbers not drop further or rise further.

If we can make it eight years of losses, that'd be amazing. I hope we do.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

The world isn't significantly worse than it was decades ago (except for climate change, but that's a different story). For the last 20-30 years, the media landscape has been in an arms race for your attention, meaning everything as marketed as the worst thing to happen in a century so you'll drop what you're doing and pay attention. A lot of what we are dealing with now is a direct result of that arms race. Every media outlet needs to report on every time Trump takes a shit, that only makes him more powerful. He commands the attention.

Guess someone thought “wow everyone just stops and states at car crashes, they draw attention… now who do we know is a human car crash, a veritable living tabloid of stupidity whom we can place as the king if fools”