I need thoughts and prayers guys

Best

My mother just came downstairs in tears saying my older brother is in "crisis". He is apparently not able to move or communicate and is alone in his apartment. This is all coming from his son. My older brother has a history of drug abuse and sadly this might be from an over dose.

I last saw him on Christmas and my parents and I noticed he lost a lot of teeth. 

So we are thinking he is messing with meth or heroin. My mom was crying saying she doesn't want to bury another son before she passes. I'm an emotional wreck and just need you guys to pray. 

I'll update the thread once I find out more information. 

• Hugs 11

Will do. Feel free to DM me your brother’s name and I’ll add him to our family prayer list.

Very sorry to hear of your struggles. It is difficult to watch those you love in such situations.

• Hugs 3

39 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Will do. Feel free to DM me your brother’s name and I’ll add him to our family prayer list.

Very sorry to hear of your struggles. It is difficult to watch those you love in such situations.

I really appreciate the support.

Unfortunately my parents and I are in the dark in what is happening.

My nephew who is 31 with drug issues himself is taking care of the situation. But he doesn't communicate with any family so we are just waiting and worrying.

My bet is he is in the hospital and hopefully more family are updated on wtf is going on. It really sucks. 

6 minutes ago, Best said:

I really appreciate the support.

Unfortunately my parents and I are in the dark in what is happening.

My nephew who is 31 with drug issues himself is taking care of the situation. But he doesn't communicate with any family so we are just waiting and worrying.

My bet is he is in the hospital and hopefully more family are updated on wtf is going on. It really sucks. 

Can you call over there or maybe drive by?

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Can you call over there or maybe drive by?

It's just my mom and myself home right now with no vehicle. My mom called a few times with no answers.

19 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Dad?

He took the car and drove to my other brother's home which is an hour away. He is staying the night there so my mom and I are here with no transportation. 

26 minutes ago, Best said:

He took the car and drove to my other brother's home which is an hour away. He is staying the night there so my mom and I are here with no transportation. 

Well shit that’s not good. 

10 hours ago, Chadatog said:

Or maybe just don't drink?

Yeah @Best maybe explain to your Dad there is a lot going on right now and it isn't a great idea to take the only car and spend the night somewhere just so he can drink. 

• Hugs 1

12 hours ago, Chadatog said:

Or maybe just don't drink?

That was the reason he went over to my brother's in the first place. It's not like he was getting drunk. Also, my dad is 84 yrs old and can no longer drive at night. So he had to stay the night no matter what he did. 

My older sister finally took things into her own hands and called the police. They found out my brother fell and was pretty injured in his ribs. They said there was internal bleeding. He apparently didn't over dose but I'm almost positive drugs were in the picture.

Last I've heard is that he is doing ok. So the one thing I have taken out of this is that he will survive.

Thanks again guys for the support. If anything else comes from this I'll update the thread. 

• Hugs 2

9 minutes ago, Best said:

That was the reason he went over to my brother's in the first place. It's not like he was getting drunk. Also, my dad is 84 yrs old and can no longer drive at night. So he had to stay the night no matter what he did. 

My older sister finally took things into her own hands and called the police. They found out my brother fell and was pretty injured in his ribs. They said there was internal bleeding. He apparently didn't over dose but I'm almost positive drugs were in the picture.

Last I've heard is that he is doing ok. So the one thing I have taken out of this is that he will survive.

Thanks again guys for the support. If anything else comes from this I'll update the thread. 

Glad to hear it isn't dire.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Biggie said:

Sorry it was a mistake. I changed it. 

Ok. I was like, huh?

My dad just got home and it turns out he didn't drink at my brother's place. My brother doesn't drink at all because he was an alcoholic years back. My dad can only drink like 2 beers at his age. 

My brother (the one in the hospital) just called my mom and told her what happened. He indeed did fall because he was drunk. Drugs mixed in? He wouldn't reveal that. But my mom said he will be ok. 

So it's looking like everything is ok. 

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Best said:

Ok. I was like, huh?

My dad just got home and it turns out he didn't drink at my brother's place. My brother doesn't drink at all because he was an alcoholic years back. My dad can only drink like 2 beers at his age. 

My brother (the one in the hospital) just called my mom and told her what happened. He indeed did fall because he was drunk. Drugs mixed in? He wouldn't reveal that. But my mom said he will be ok. 

So it's looking like everything is ok. 

Glad to hear that everything is okay :hug:

• Thanks 1

I'd thought I'd update you guys since you all were really supportive with this.

My brother has checked himself into rehab. This is the very first time he has ever made this decision so I'm thinking things were really bad a few days ago. 

He hasn't been working for over a year because he was laid off so the extra free time he has had is never a good thing for addicts.

His ex wife is really being supportive and has actually communicated with my family what really is going on. 

I texted my brother last night that I love him and if he ever needs anything I'm always available. Usually he doesn't respond to texts but he did with this and told me he loved me. 

He is 57 yrs old and still has a life to live. I'm just thankful he is taking the correct steps for recovery. As an addict myself I really sympathize with him.

I just want to emphasize just how thankful I am for your guys support. It's been really emotional but things are moving in the right direction.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 2

37 minutes ago, Best said:

I'd thought I'd update you guys since you all were really supportive with this.

My brother has checked himself into rehab. This is the very first time he has ever made this decision so I'm thinking things were really bad a few days ago. 

He hasn't been working for over a year because he was laid off so the extra free time he has had is never a good thing for addicts.

His ex wife is really being supportive and has actually communicated with my family what really is going on. 

I texted my brother last night that I love him and if he ever needs anything I'm always available. Usually he doesn't respond to texts but he did with this and told me he loved me. 

He is 57 yrs old and still has a life to live. I'm just thankful he is taking the correct steps for recovery. As an addict myself I really sympathize with him.

I just want to emphasize just how thankful I am for your guys support. It's been really emotional but things are moving in the right direction.

I call dibs on his stash he’s not going to use now. 

Spoiler

Kidding glad this had a good ending. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I call dibs on his stash he’s not going to use now. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks. He was about to get another job recently but that obviously is on hold atm. His son just had a baby so he has a lot to live for. 

• 1 month later...

Well this morning my nephew called our house crying his eyes out. He found my brother passed out in the basement.

My brother is a complete alcoholic now and drinks from 6am until he passes out everyday. He currently hasn't had a job in over a year.

So he dropped the drugs and just absolutely abuses alcohol. So he had a bad fall in my original post from booze.

We are planning on doing an intervention but right now this is a bad situation.

Just thought I'd share. It's really sad. 

• Hugs 5

1 hour ago, Best said:

Well this morning my nephew called our house crying his eyes out. He found my brother passed out in the basement.

My brother is a complete alcoholic now and drinks from 6am until he passes out everyday. He currently hasn't had a job in over a year.

So he dropped the drugs and just absolutely abuses alcohol. So he had a bad fall in my original post from booze.

We are planning on doing an intervention but right now this is a bad situation.

Just thought I'd share. It's really sad. 

So sad. I’ve always drank but never was anywhere near the level of alcoholic. I can’t really understand how you can become addicted to it. For me it was just a way to drink occasionally. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

So sad. I’ve always drank but never was anywhere near the level of alcoholic. I can’t really understand how you can become addicted to it. For me it was just a way to drink occasionally. 

I was an alcoholic from the age of 22 to 33. 

My entire family tree had issues with alcohol.

I went to a rehab facility and it helped me stop completely.

I had one part of my life about 5 years ago where I got into a bad habit of coming home from work and drinking a 6 pack. 

@Andrea knows about this because she was supporting me through that small phase. That is when I called Andrea and her husband and had a chat with them. Lol thankfully that wasn't too bad and I quickly recovered.

Then a few months ago I broke down and drank my dad's wine and moonshine just for one night so it was harmless.

But yea unfortunately I'll struggle with alcohol for my entire life. 

2 hours ago, Best said:

I was an alcoholic from the age of 22 to 33. 

My entire family tree had issues with alcohol.

I went to a rehab facility and it helped me stop completely.

I had one part of my life about 5 years ago where I got into a bad habit of coming home from work and drinking a 6 pack. 

@Andrea knows about this because she was supporting me through that small phase. That is when I called Andrea and her husband and had a chat with them. Lol thankfully that wasn't too bad and I quickly recovered.

Then a few months ago I broke down and drank my dad's wine and moonshine just for one night so it was harmless.

But yea unfortunately I'll struggle with alcohol for my entire life. 

I too have alcoholism in my family.  My grandfather passed out drunk in the middle of the road at 11AM, and was hit by a car.

My (now estranged) brother drinks to the same level as your brother.

I hope he can beat his demons like you did.

• stepee 1

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I too have alcoholism in my family.  My grandfather passed out drunk in the middle of the road at 11AM, and was hit by a car.

My (now estranged) brother drinks to the same level as your brother.

I hope he can beat his demons like you did.

I know you stated before that you do have an occasional drink but how is your relationship with alcohol overall? How do you manage it?

Just now, Best said:

I know you stated before that you do have an occasional drink but how is your relationship with alcohol overall? How do you manage it?

I drink more than people think I should -- say 3 beers 4-5 nights a week.  I regularly go for a while without drinking (and it doesn't take me any effort) -- for instance I haven't had a drink since Monday evening, and that was more accidental than me "trying not to drink".

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I drink more than people think I should -- say 3 beers 4-5 nights a week.  I regularly go for a while without drinking (and it doesn't take me any effort) -- for instance I haven't had a drink since Monday evening, and that was more accidental than me "trying not to drink".

Interesting. I'd love to be able to drink 2-3 beers a night and then call it quits. But I litteraly can't. I'd keep drinking. :/