I hope life is treating you well

SaysWho?

Just now, SaysWho? said:

If it isn't, I hope things turn around sooner rather than later. :sun:

Thank you, I needed this right now. My order which I thought was safe because I ordered from them before was not up to standards and yeah I can’t do blood pudding so now mid-meal I’m waiting here to take up hotel antipasti and salami pizza.

• Hugs 1

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Real talk. I appreciate it. Life has been bitch slapping me lately. Anything positive is welcomed. 

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

Thank you, I needed this right now. My order which I thought was safe because I ordered from them before was not up to standards and yeah I can’t do blood pudding so now mid-meal I’m waiting here to take up hotel antipasti and salami pizza.

First World Problems you spoiled bitch lolololololol

13 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The worst thing I can say about my life right now is that it’s pretty boring. It could certainly be way worse. 

I prefer boring. Boring is a good thing to me.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, Best said:

Things are going really well for me as of late. Being able to just relax every day and not worrying about work or money is extremely refreshing for me. I'm blessed. 

Lucky. Enjoy it 

My girlfriend broke up with me, my landlord is selling my house so I have to be out soon and they're here EVERY GODDAMN DAY, I watched someone get stabbed at work last week, I mostly quit one of my jobs.... it's been a hell of a couple months.

On the other hand, money isn't a problem and at the end of August I'm going to fuck off to Thailand for.... not sure how long. At least a month. I need a factory reset on my brain, and the best way I know how to do that is finding a hole in the jungle somewhere and sticking my head in it for a while. After that, I have a mind to move to Washington DC, I think. We'll see.

• Hugs 4

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

Real talk. I appreciate it. Life has been bitch slapping me lately. Anything positive is welcomed. 

First World Problems you spoiled bitch lolololololol

I prefer boring. Boring is a good thing to me.

belieb it or not it got even WORSE for a bit. I’m thinking it’s hotel bar food right? And I was kinda wondering why the whole interaction was weird like I kept having to say “to go” because they kept acting like I was doing a sit down thing.

Anyway it was a whole idk like small size pizza served on a tray and then the antipasti was this ridiculous spread of meat and cheese and olives and onion and bread on a big wooden serving table lmao

I had to awkwardly carry it to the room with someone else helping for the elevator since you need to swipe your key to go up over two trips up and down.

Worth it though, HUGE turn around for that meal so @SaysWho? was right 

• Hype 2

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

belieb it or not it got even WORSE for a bit. I’m thinking it’s hotel bar food right? And I was kinda wondering why the whole interaction was weird like I kept having to say “to go” because they kept acting like I was doing a sit down thing.

Anyway it was a whole idk like small size pizza served on a tray and then the antipasti was this ridiculous spread of meat and cheese and olives and onion and bread on a big wooden serving table lmao

I had to awkwardly carry it to the room with someone else helping for the elevator since you need to swipe your key to go up over two trips up and down.

Worth it though, HUGE turn around for that meal so @SaysWho? was right 

I bet the food is amazing 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I bet the food is amazing 

not that first shit I got! Everything else has been and I haven’t been really going high end cuz that is more touristy - I did one at a nicer place though and it was also all quite good. I find the fish especially is surprisingly good here. I didn’t know that about Ireland. As was explained to me, how we view Irish food like corn beef and cabbage doesn’t actually exist much here.

And actually the stew even though there are plenty of places that serve great stew, isn’t what they eat themselves usually. They also said if you want real good traditional Irish food you need to find someone’s mom lol. But idk the stews I have had have been very good.

It’s mostly their own spin off of food from all other cultures and countries. Kind of like what we do really. I have a feeling this may be a common thing in a lot of places.

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

not that first shit I got! Everything else has been and I haven’t been really going high end cuz that is more touristy - I did one at a nicer place though and it was also all quite good. I find the fish especially is surprisingly good here. I didn’t know that about Ireland. As was explained to me, how we view Irish food like corn beef and cabbage doesn’t actually exist much here.

And actually the stew even though there are plenty of places that serve great stew, isn’t what they eat themselves usually. They also said if you want real good traditional Irish food you need to find someone’s mom lol. But idk the stews I have had have been very good.

It’s mostly their own spin off of food from all other cultures and countries. Kind of like what we do really. I have a feeling this may be a common thing in a lot of places.

What about sweets? Any interesting desserts or candies?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

What about sweets? Any interesting desserts or candies?

Tons but I’m not eating them just cuz i’ve been on a health kick. I got some Belgium butter cookies that see just like my grandma used to make. Like p close. I was wondering why they were so familiar and it hit me ohhh yeah she just called them butter cookies but she’s from Germany so makes sense.

edit: I bet both Paris and Germany are better for sweets tho - I’m sure i’ll break the rule sometimes 

On 7/17/2024 at 4:51 PM, SaysWho? said:

It's taken me a few days to respond to this because I haven't wanted to talk about my problems but I really appreciate this! Things aren't going well a few months ago I got some help here to get back on my feet and I did and started working extra hours to make up for lost time. I didn't really explain my situation in full detail at the time but on top of my grandmother passing away and the other stuff I mentioned I had a massive fungal infection that lasted two months and 7 doctors visits. Some days I was totally miserable and couldn't work (I was driving Lyft full time and if I was in really bad shape I just couldn't manage to deal with people). Anyways things were looking up and the extra hours I was working were paying off! Then 3 weeks ago my transmission went out (only 150k miles on the car) and now I am out of a car and a job. I'm looking for online work, have launched an online store (no sales yet), I'm working on some other things and eventually I will have an inheritance (once my grandparents house gets fixed up and sold) of 60-100k so the future will be better. Sucks though my car is going to get repossessed even after the help I got here. I've got a few jobs coming up in the future and a couple small things here and there putting a little money in my pocket but it is ROUGH right now.  

On 7/17/2024 at 6:39 PM, Fizzzzle said:

My girlfriend broke up with me, my landlord is selling my house so I have to be out soon and they're here EVERY GODDAMN DAY, I watched someone get stabbed at work last week, I mostly quit one of my jobs.... it's been a hell of a couple months.

On the other hand, money isn't a problem and at the end of August I'm going to fuck off to Thailand for.... not sure how long. At least a month. I need a factory reset on my brain, and the best way I know how to do that is finding a hole in the jungle somewhere and sticking my head in it for a while. After that, I have a mind to move to Washington DC, I think. We'll see.

My SO is Thai and I've been to Thailand a few times. I can recommend some cool places to stay/go to.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

My SO is Thai and I've been to Thailand a few times. I can recommend some cool places to stay/go to.

Oh I've been there a few times. I have a pretty good idea of where I want to go, but I'm going right in the middle of hurricane season so I'm just going to stay in Bangkok for a few days and figure it out from there based on the weather. Pretty much everywhere I might want to go requires flying through Bangkok anyway, and if I need to fly out of Don Meuang you pretty much have to stay overnight (I've had customs take 3 hours in Bangkok, then it's like 2 hours to get from one airport to the other on the train, so you might as well just kip overnight).

I honestly have been feeling particularly blessed recently, whatever that means to someone. There is something about Paris in the summer when you are still pretty recently rich that just brings a sense of joy and tranquility that is hard to explain.

• stepee 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I honestly have been feeling particularly blessed recently, whatever that means to someone. There is something about Paris in the summer when you are still pretty recently rich that just brings a sense of joy and tranquility that is hard to explain.

how are your legs?

31 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

how are your legs?

I’ve been walking 6+ miles a day the last 10 days like a CHAMP. I’m v proud of how much progress I’ve made. The place where the guy ran over my foot for 30 seconds and dug a hole still hurts always but my strength when moving has been better than I ever hoped. 

• stepee 1

I dropped my laundry off downstairs yesterday morning before Disney and it’s still not back yet. I paid for late check out so I have until 2pm tomorrow but still I wanna get super high and chill but need them clothes.

I hope you all believe in me that this will work out okay