Any of you guys see Drive-Away Dolls?

After watching Maid on Netflix I'm a big fan of Margaret Qualley. 

Drive-Away Dolls released in theaters this year with pretty good reviews. Before renting it I figured I'd might as well ask here if it's worth my time. 

6 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s on my list (streaming on Peacock), I just haven’t got around to it yet. 

I'm about 40 minutes in and it's a lot different than I was expecting. There is a lot of lesbian sex (nothing wrong with that) and Margaret Qualley has this strange southern accent that just doesn't seem authentic at all. It’s been "ok" but strange. 

It's a solo Ethan Coen joint (of the Coen Bros., amazing directing duo, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, No Country for Old Men, etc.). They've split up and his brother Joel Coen went on so far to do a film, The Tragedy of MacBeth starring Denzel Washington last year (which was pretty good!). Ethan's first solo venture, this movie, unlike Joel's, did not get great reviews but I have not seen it, so I think you should still check it out. That being said, if you like Margaret Qualley, I have other recommendations that I have seen that I know are good: 

-The Nice Guys

-Novitiate

-The Vanishing of Sydney Hall

-The Leftovers (amazing TV show)

-Death Stranding (I think you've seen this)

-Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (I think you've seen this too)

Everything else she's been in so far isn't very good and you should avoid.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's a solo Ethan Coen joint (of the Coen Bros., amazing directing duo, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, No Country for Old Men, etc.). They've split up and his brother Joel Coen went on so far to do a film, The Tragedy of MacBeth starring Denzel Washington last year (which was pretty good!). Ethan's first solo venture, this movie, unlike Joel's, did not get great reviews but I have not seen it, so I think you should still check it out. That being said, if you like Margaret Qualley, I have other recommendations that I have seen that I know are good: 

-The Nice Guys

-Novitiate

-The Vanishing of Sydney Hall

-The Leftovers (amazing TV show)

-Death Stranding (I think you've seen this)

-Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (I think you've seen this too)

Everything else she's been in so far isn't very good and you should avoid.

Yea I was aware that this was a Coen movie and that the brothers have split.

I did see Once Upon A Time in Hollywood but the others you  listed I probably will check out. 

Drive-Away Dolls has a unique feel to it for sure. It's also really short with a runtime of an hour and 25 minutes. Ok, I'm going to finish it now. 

• Hype 1