Ranma 1/2 Remake Coming to TV on October 5, and October 6 on Netflix

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

No you don’t understand, Ranma is anti-trans because he’s always trying to get rid of his lady half and be with a woman like god intended. 

His dad seems cool with turning into a panda, though

30 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This fall season is going to be stacked. I'm assuming they'll be more manga-accurate and maybe...maybe...maybe give us a more conclusive ending?

My only experience with this show is watching an episode or two in Japanese class in High School. So really that means I basically haven't seen it at all. :p

43 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My only experience with this show is watching an episode or two in Japanese class in High School. So really that means I basically haven't seen it at all. :p

Series author and artist, Rumiko Takahashi, is easily the most successful mangaka alive. Ranma 1/2 is probably her second most successful series right behind InuYasha. Even the best mangaka usually only get a single major success to their names. Meanwhile, Takahashi is going to have three different anime based on three completely different franchises in three completely different genre over the last three years with YashaHime, Urusei Yatsura, and now Ranma 1/2. Things is, with the success of the Urusei Yatsura reboot, I'd be willing to bet Maison Ikkoku also gets a reboot and that would be another different series is another different genre.

Her only series that hasn't been adapted as an anime is Mao and that one feels inevitable now that is up around 200 chapters since 2019.

Ranma 1/2 is a martial arts romcom about a guy that changes between male and female genders depending on the water that he's splashed with. Dude just wants to have his curse removed and marry his fiancee. The series previously had an anime from the late-80s early-90s. It's should be a pretty fun and irreverent time.

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Ranma 1/2 is a martial arts romcom about a guy that changes between male and female genders depending on the water that he's splashed with. Dude just wants to have his curse removed and marry his fiancee. The series previously had an anime from the late-80s early-90s. It's should be a pretty fun and irreverent time.

Well yeah I know this much. :p

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well yeah I know this much. :p

Can't give me an excuse to gush over Takahashi. I'll take it every single time, especially when it's like 2am and old man me tends to ramble the later into the night it gets.

I don't think she gets enough love these days, but that might be because Mao kind of flies under the radar compared to her other works.

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Wait you watched in IN Japanese class? As in your teacher was like "here's this anime about a dude who changes into a girl and half the plot revolves around how people hide their genitalia from each other"?

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Wait you watched in IN Japanese class? As in your teacher was like "here's this anime about a dude who changes into a girl and half the plot revolves around how people hide their genitalia from each other"?

Yeah. We watched some Nausicaa too!