How is your day going so far, gamer.tv?

stepee

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

:O

You work a midnight shift or what?

It’s 4am here, my shift starts at 5. The upside is that it’s only 4 days a week. It’s perfect for me, because I never get much sleep anyway.

Just now, TheLeon said:

It’s 4am here, my shift starts at 5. The upside is that it’s only 4 days a week. It’s perfect for me, because I never get much sleep anyway.

Do you then stick to the same kind of 4am schedule during weekends? That seems like a pretty decent deal, it’s really just a couple hours earlier than a regular early shift.

10 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I’m midshift here, charge nurse life sucks. I blinked and now I’m one of the most senior in my department.

Working towards that early retirement doe

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Do you then stick to the same kind of 4am schedule during weekends? That seems like a pretty decent deal, it’s really just a couple hours earlier than a regular early shift.

Basically. My alarm is off on those days, but I’ve never been able to sleep in, even before this schedule. And yeah, I was working 5 days a week starting at 7am until about a year ago. It’s been a great change.

• stepee 1

17 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Basically. My alarm is off on those days, but I’ve never been able to sleep in, even before this schedule. And yeah, I was working 5 days a week starting at 7am until about a year ago. It’s been a great change.

I never had the chance myself but I wish more places offered the 4x10 - seems like a huge QOL improvement. I always wanted it but never was allowed.

45 minutes ago, stepee said:

I never had the chance myself but I wish more places offered the 4x10 - seems like a huge QOL improvement. I always wanted it but never was allowed.

What’s really funny is that the vast majority of my work is daily tasks that you can’t really catch up on or work ahead, so I objectively do less work now than I did a year ago. My extra two hours a day mostly involve trying to look busy. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

What’s really funny is that the vast majority of my work is daily tasks that you can’t really catch up on or work ahead, so I objectively do less work now than I did a year ago. My extra two hours a day mostly involve trying to look busy. 

Even better!

Also wtf Americans are checking in but not @gamer.tv?!

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Working towards that early retirement doe

The pay does help that goal; just maxed my 457 and should get my 403 maxed in two months, three tops.

Heres just hoping the unions don’t get busted and I lose my pension 😂

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

The pay does help that goal; just maxed my 457 and should get my 403 maxed in two months, three tops.

Heres just hoping the unions don’t get busted and I lose my pension 😂

Well, you know, I hear this Trump guy is really good for unions, can’t decide between him

and Biden who would be best for them

1 minute ago, gamer.tv said:

My day started very early and hasn’t stopped! It’s been great, taught writing, time, did some poetry, science, and PE. Thank you for asking. 

Ok I was worried for a second there, glad you had a lovely day!

• Hugs 1