So comes in fours now?

The show Generation Kill is great - has a young Alexander Skarsgaard, pre-True Blood fame, in a starring role. It's David Simon, it's very well done. I haven't read the source material but based on the miniseries I'd say it must be very good. Sad to see a great author pass away at a relatively young age.

Also: suicide? Fuck. Given how in-depth he went with regard to the subjects he wrote about as an author and journalist, I can only imagine the nihilistic and cynical worldview that created in a person who clearly cared about the subjects he wrote about. Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, August Ames, Avicii, Kate Spade, drummer Taylor Hawkins (sort of), Margot Kidder; just to name a few big names over recent years. David Foster Wallace, Heath Ledger (sort of) and Hunter S. Thompson in the 2000's. Kurt Cobain and Marilyn Monroe. Now Evan Wright. Just sucks.

• Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

And yet Trump was the one chosen to live on.

This is proof that Jesus Christ died in vain and legally changed his middle name to Fucking.

It's just proof that karma isn't real and things happen to the just and unjust alike. And that religion is stupid. Trump wasn't chosen by anyone or anything. He's squandering good genes that could have let him live even longer (let's be thankful for that at least), he squandered all the money he inherited and wasted any potential he may have had. And he's good at cultivating a cult successfully. There's no real mystery to any of this. 

• Sad 1