DAMN NATURE! YOU SCARY! (share your pics)

silentbob

Well Mother Nature was a real bitch today and brought us +4” of rain, torrential winds and this to my backyard and neighbours behind.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So insurance companies arguing over who pays for what because it’s not on “our property” but theirs. They had 2 guys out already and have said because of the size that they will need to get a crane in to remove this fucking massive tree. 

She was this close to destroying my pot plants. At one time that mini lake was over 3 feet deep at one point back there, and neighbours further down were reporting basements flooded as well

spacer.png

So what has this bitch done to you lately.

• Hugs 2

At least you can turn it into a hydroponic grow now? #LookingOnTheBrightSide :lol:

No for real, so sorry Mother Nature done you dirty, hope it all gets sorted out & that you don't lose too much of your grow this season.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is how The Mist started so watch out for some scary stuff in the future.

They’re called a wet dog.

I gotta get pics of him (although drier now) The pup was in there like a dirty sponge and was loving every fucking moment of it. Fozzie will get paws wet but no more than that. Plus they had the crane out and was the talk of the area. Had to get lottery ticket after missing my grow. So the gentleman in front was talking about the flooding in Toronto. I mentioned my tree and and said “oh, so you’re the one with crane over there?” Yep, that’s us

We dodged a bullet at my house -- which I purchased in 2019.

Last year, we redid the backyard (still somewhat ongoing).  Previously I had a sloped backyard that drained directly into the house.  Rebuilt everything so that everything drained to the side of the house.  The raised patio sent everything into our french drain/weeping tile and out to the sewers.  No flooding or standing water at all.

@silentbob  This is why you have insurance -- let them figure out the liability.

• Hugs 1

48 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

We dodged a bullet at my house -- which I purchased in 2019.

Last year, we redid the backyard (still somewhat ongoing).  Previously I had a sloped backyard that drained directly into the house.  Rebuilt everything so that everything drained to the side of the house.  The raised patio sent everything into our french drain/weeping tile and out to the sewers.  No flooding or standing water at all.

@silentbob  This is why you have insurance -- let them figure out the liability.

It’s what I keep telling my mom, but she over worries. Sadly we still might need a crane to get the leftover limbs and trunk still in our yard. Still waiting on an adjuster to come by to access the damage. They apparently have already given us “yard damage” because of the tree coming right out of the ground. So I think we might need to get a ton of dirt to help level out our backyard with the drainage they have for the townhouses behind our fence. The water has barely come down from the pic above and I still haven’t gotten to my plants, but they look healthy from a distance. Although yesterday was almost a repeat (minus the winds) to the day before with another 3-4” of rain. Toronto was flooded and so did Drake’s mansion. The ground is so oversaturate that the water has no where to go, but it keeps raining. . . and hard. My mother and I just broke down all the small limbs/leaves into bags. I think we’re at 20+ bags that need to go out tomorrow for leaf pickup

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I very badly want to go to your house with a backhoe and fix your drainage. It’s KILLING me looking at these pics!

We bought a pump this afternoon and are slowly but surely draining out the yard. The amount of bloated dead worms I’ve seen floating out back there :megaton:

• Hugs 1

18 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

It’s something pungent alright. Like going to the farm after all farm animals had taken a good dump in the hot summer heat. My marijuana plants are actually helping with the smell, go figure. Funny thing from them sitting in that nutrient filled compost tea, and my plants grew and loved the literal shit they sat in for 3 days.

Finally had a call from our insurance guy and from the sounds of things, we aren’t covered for the tree removal. Also hadn’t seen the damage because all of this was conducted over the phone with my mom. Sent them pictures via email this evening shortly after the call, and will hopefully have happier news for my mom soon. 

• Hype 1