Klan Rally in Milwaukee Continues into the week, Grindr experiences outages due to unusually high use in Milwaukee

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

That will mean his Senate seat will face a special election in 2025 if (when) Trump wins in November.  I guess that's potentially good for the Democrats.

Ohio dem party is a party of one: Sherrod Brown

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He’s a pick that trumps people won’t have to threaten to hang him at a pivotal moment while doing illegal shit

That's true....but also if I were Trump I feel like Vance is a dangerous mix of political opportunist as well as being a guy who is better than most at playing the new Fascistic game the GOP is playing.

Put simply. Remember when there was a push for Pence to invoke the 25th amendment? You give Trump a couple years in office, he gets increasingly incoherent, the party sees him as no longer useful because he is termed out....I feel like it would be totally in line with Vance's character to decide to get a jumpstart on 2028....

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

Biden might win if Vance is Trump's VP, since people are saying Vance is poison for the suburbs.

Like winning a race because the other guy's car spontaneously burst into flames.

I have doubts it will move the needle....but yeah, Vance's kneejerk reaction to the shooting is pretty much a microcosm of what he brings to the table.

Not sure why you need a MAGA bulldog on the ticket when you already have Trump but it's not surprising this is what Trump wants. 

It's also a good summation of Trump 2016 vs. 2024. Remember the "good ol days" when Trump actually had to give a little ground and pick Pence to appeal to Evangelicals skeptical of his character? Oh those halcion days of 2016.... :lol:

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's absolutely not going to be the case whatsoever.  

I'm reading that Vance opposes abortion even in the case of rape or incest, is against gay marriage, and thinks women should stay in abusive relationships.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My initial read is that Vance really doesn't do anything to significantly move the needle.

Honestly Rubio might be the only one that would have moved it in any way amongst the Hispanic community. Maybe. Also, they could have looked at a Rubio pick as problematic similar to Bush/Cheney both being from Texas (and Cheney subsequently switching to be from Wyoming) and how a close election could cause some potential fuckery with how the constitution is interpreted and thus the various scenarios that would play out to possibly have to elect a VP electorally. But giving the Trump team any credit for mathing out all of that is probably giving them too much credit.

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

I'm reading that Vance opposes abortion even in the case of rape or incest, is against gay marriage, and thinks women should stay in abusive relationships.

And you are thinking these aren’t winning points?

• True 1