Amazon decided to make a sequel series to the movie Sausage Party

I've watched the first few episodes, and gotten a few laughs. While it does follow the events of the movie, it follow the events of the very last scene (or was it an after credits scene?) where they realize they're in a movie. 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I've watched the first few episodes, and gotten a few laughs. While it does follow the events of the movie, it follow the events of the very last scene (or was it an after credits scene?) where they realize they're in a movie. 

I assume you meant to say it doesn't follow the events of the very last scene of the original film (it was at the end of the film but before the credits). I rewatched the original film to prepare for this and will be checking this out this week. Not expecting anything crazy good but at least it will be different. The original movie is solid but not that great but I'm still gonna watch. :p 

I saw the movie in theaters with people who thought it was funny.

I thought it was fucking awful. Didn't laugh once. Not even a large exhale of air through the nose.

7 hours ago, Brick said:

I've watched the first few episodes, and gotten a few laughs. While it does follow the events of the movie, it doesn't follow the events of the very last scene (or was it an after credits scene?) where they realize they're in a movie. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I assume you meant to say it doesn't follow the events of the very last scene of the original film (it was at the end of the film but before the credits). I rewatched the original film to prepare for this and will be checking this out this week. Not expecting anything crazy good but at least it will be different. The original movie is solid but not that great but I'm still gonna watch. :p 

Yes I meant to say "DOESN'T". Fixed it. 

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, Bacon said:

I saw the movie in theaters with people who thought it was funny.

I thought it was fucking awful. Didn't laugh once. Not even a large exhale of air through the nose.

My exact same thoughts. It was so mid. 

I remember thinking the movie was funny, but I have zero desire to watch this.

It also seems like such an odd property to revive. The move didn't exactly make a ton of money, I'm not aware of it maintaining any kind of cultural relevance. Maybe it's just a Rogen pet project?

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I remember thinking the movie was funny, but I have zero desire to watch this.

It also seems like such an odd property to revive. The move didn't exactly make a ton of money, I'm not aware of it maintaining any kind of cultural relevance. Maybe it's just a Rogen pet project?

It's definitely surprising and my guess is it's definitely a Rogen pet project given the two lesser known co-writers who wrote the original film with Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have come back to showrun this show (Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir) and it's being produced by this duo's production company Shaffirwhich. The co-director of the original film also came back to direct most of the episodes of this. I'm most surprised they were able to get a lot of the voice cast back, including Edward Norton playing a Woody Allen-ish character (Sammy Bagel Jr.). It coming out eight years later is also weird if they wanted to capitalize on any success the original film had.